THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 06:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Titan Quest  (Read 4886 times)

Entilzah

Titan Quest
« on: 23 Dec 2006, 15:37 »

Anyone other than me have or playing this game?

Personally I like it. I was a big fan of the Diablo series and Titan Quest seems to have taken that gameplay to a whole new level. The graphics are better, the battle system is somewhat better and the char level/skills are far better than Diablo.

I've got to start playing it over agian because I lost my save character to a virus issue (I'm refering to windows) that cause me to have to reformat. But I'll be back up and playing it in no time.

the_tard

Re: Titan Quest
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2006, 22:37 »

Yeah, I have it. It's a cool game except for it's one glaring fault: no anti-hack system online. Over 0% of players could dupe and others (admittedly including myself) had trainer programs. If you're really enjoying the game, I would stick to single player until you beat the game once by yourself. Multiplayer really decimates any semblance of storyline or fair play. I ope they make a sequel with hack protection, becuase that was really the only problem I could find with the game.

Entilzah

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2006, 09:35 »

You mean similar to the way Bnet did Diablo2. Storing the characters on their server instead of allowing users to store them on their computers.

Single players is all I've played for the moment. I haven't had much time to try it online yet. But I believe I'll take your advice and finish single player before going multi.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2006, 03:00 »

One problem I have with the game is that it is not Diablo II.

I mean, I thought the same as you did when I was first playing through it, but then I went back to play it again and it got boring really fucking quickly.  I think that the reason for this is that in D2 you have four acts with completely different scenery (plus another act if you get the expansion).

I was thinking about this the other day, actually, because I'd just finished having a gameday with friends playing D2 all day and having a blast.  In D2 you had easily-definable goals, quests and scenery.  Someone can say "I'm doing an Andy run" and you know exactly what you're in for and what the scenery looks like.  "I'm doing a Meph run" and the scenery is completely different.

The scenery in TQ isn't really that different, and there isn't enough variation in the weapons.  The amount of weapon variation in D2 and the number of things that are viable builds without really knowing 100% about your character is something that I kind of took for granted.  In TQ it seemed like I'd need to know a hell of a lot about the game before choosing my class/subclass and all the associated skills.  I know I can refund using the Oracle, but you can't change your subclass.  The classes in D2 were better defined, so you knew what you were getting in for.

All that said though I should mention that talking/thinking about TQ has got me wanting to play it again, so I guess that it is a good game that is suffering from the big brother syndrome.  D2 was just so goddamned good that TQ has a lot to live up to, and for me it kind of falls flat in some areas compared to D2.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2006, 05:03 »

as far as i'm concerned diablo 2 is the undisputed unbeaten king of the hack and slash genre on any platform. ever. and i don't expect that to change (no, not even when hellgate: london hits the scene).
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Entilzah

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2006, 05:07 »

as far as i'm concerned diablo 2 is the undisputed unbeaten king of the hack and slash genre on any platform. ever. and i don't expect that to change (no, not even when hellgate: london hits the scene).

D2 has held the title of king of hack and slash for a long time....but I'm not sure it will hold on forever.

nihilist

« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 2007, 19:43 »

Hack and slash bores me very easily.  :(  RTS games are a dying breed in my gaming pantheon.  FRPs and MMOs seem to be all I do.

JJMitchell

« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan 2007, 19:58 »

Titan Quest ran like shit on my computer for some reason.  It was moderately fun but didn't keep my interest for very long.

the_tard

« Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2007, 14:10 »

I don't have the attention span for mmo's. If I'm not killing something or being killed by something I'm usually not enthralled for very long. I just can't see myself being one of those people who are like "Hey you know what would be fun? Raiding molten core 148423 times on the off chance that i can roll a slightly better item!"

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #9 on: 07 Jan 2007, 10:10 »

I don't have the attention span for mmo's. If I'm not killing something or being killed by something I'm usually not enthralled for very long. I just can't see myself being one of those people who are like "Hey you know what would be fun? Raiding molten core 148423 times on the off chance that i can roll a slightly better item!"

.......mmo?
the thread tis a titan quest one lad.

Hollow Press (my blog)

the_tard

« Reply #10 on: 07 Jan 2007, 13:09 »

was responding to mr. mikes post.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #11 on: 07 Jan 2007, 21:03 »

and that is why i should the entiery of threads before posting. my mistake.

Hollow Press (my blog)

nihilist

« Reply #12 on: 08 Jan 2007, 20:17 »

I only played two MMOs last year, Auto Assault and EVE.  EVE is the only one that I still have an active account with.  Otherwise, it is 2142 FTW.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #13 on: 09 Jan 2007, 04:03 »

oddly enough i have never played an MMO. the worlds never really appealed to me, the idea of super addiction never really appealed to me, and the idea of a monthly fee really never appealed to me. as a result, i have never even so much as taken a free 30 day trial, and to be honest i don't plan to. i'm very happy with my single player games and multiplayer matches.

Hollow Press (my blog)

nihilist

« Reply #14 on: 09 Jan 2007, 04:26 »

Guild Wars is an MMO.  No monthly fee there...

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #15 on: 09 Jan 2007, 07:38 »

hmm......good point. i have heard quite a lot about guild wars but haven't tried it out. it seemed interesting at least. what do you people who've played it think about it? is it a good game to initiate me to the genre?

Hollow Press (my blog)

nihilist

« Reply #16 on: 09 Jan 2007, 17:04 »

I played Guild Wars: Prophecies and Guild Wars: Factions.  Haven't tried Nightfall yet.  Was pretty good, though I lost interest over time.  I prefer my damn space games, anyway.

8ilbo

« Reply #17 on: 09 Jan 2007, 17:07 »

Given how reclusive some of my eve playing friends have been since starting eve, I'm quite glad I can't afford it.
I have too short an attention span to play RPGs...I can drop in and out of oblivion...but thats about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up