THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 10:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too much paper....  (Read 4137 times)

Alarra

Too much paper....
« on: 08 Oct 2006, 21:30 »

Okay, so I have a dilemma. I have spent a fair bit of time working on an art project this weekend. Here's the pic, you can't tell I've spent hours on it, since most of that was spent tearing up the mountains of paper I'll need for the rest of the project, but anyway, here it is.

Now....Here is my dilemma. I originally intended to do the rays, figure, background, etc, all in torn paper, such as the rays are now. I've come to decide that a. I do not have that kind of time, this thing is due Thursday morning, and b. the rays are more pronounced without being surrounded by other paper and look almost cooler that way.

The true dilemma is what color to make the figure, as I really don't know. I'm torn about painting it, which was my original intent and attempting to have the rays illuminate the negative image of the figure.

Thoughts?

And yes, I realize that the figure is kinda hard to see in this picture.

Ally

Re: Too much paper....
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2006, 21:59 »

I'd say stick with negative space, but fill in the details. Do you know what I mean?

Alarra

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2006, 19:34 »

So this is how it turned out if anyone was wondering...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Alarra/40600267.jpg

Grawsith

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2006, 19:39 »

That's kickass. What grade did you get?

Alarra

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2006, 23:32 »

Dunno yet. Just turned it in on Thursday. It's going to be on display though....I attempted counting in class, and there's more than 4000 pieces of paper in it. 2 entire gluesticks....

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2006, 17:49 »

that's pretty cool looking! though i do not envy you. that's a lot of torn paper...
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:
Pages: [1]   Go Up