THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Willie Nelson's sack is larger than yours  (Read 6371 times)

Garcin

Willie Nelson's sack is larger than yours
« on: 22 Sep 2006, 15:23 »

Quote from: Smoking Gun

SEPTEMBER 22--Music and marijuana fans alike will appreciate this evidence photo memorializing the stash seized earlier this week from Willie Nelson's tour by Louisiana state police. During a September 18 traffic stop, cops smelled a strong odor of pot emanating from Nelson's bus. A subsequent search of the vehicle turned up about 1-1/2 pounds of pot and a bag of mushrooms. The drugs were later photographed on the hood of a police cruiser. Nelson, 73, and four other bus passengers (ages 75, 59, 54, and 50) were issued misdemeanor drug possession citations and released at the scene.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0922061willie1.jpg" alt="I'm getting hotboxed just looking at it">

1lb is enough for about 400-500 cigarettes depending on how you roll 'em.  But they still got off with misdemeanor possession because the cops knew it was for personal use.  Check my last.fm for Willie Nelson this weekend: I'm planning on honoring a man who is now one of my personal heroes.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2006, 15:31 »

they are old hippies. let em smoke their pot in peace!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Garcin

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2006, 15:33 »

My sentiments exactly.  I wonder if the police who performed this "bust" (basically, is there ever a time that Nelson isn't within 20 ft of a gargantuan amount of pot?) realised what dicks they were being.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2006, 15:48 »

Its a traffic stop, they smell pot. If they don't investigate, that's what we call 'corruption', and to be honest, I'd rather Willie Nelson and co were temporarily deprived of pot (simply telling the story at a concert would have netted them about twice that stash from the crowd) than the police let them go with a nod and a wink then sidled off to stop and search some black kids with a view of giving them insane mandatory minimums for crack possession.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2006, 16:40 »

Dang, I need to find some hooter and some Willie Nelson. I know theres a stash of both lying somewhere around the house, its just I have no idea where it is.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Garcin

« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2006, 16:50 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Its a traffic stop, they smell pot. If they don't investigate, that's what we call 'corruption', and to be honest, I'd rather Willie Nelson and co were temporarily deprived of pot (simply telling the story at a concert would have netted them about twice that stash from the crowd) than the police let them go with a nod and a wink then sidled off to stop and search some black kids with a view of giving them insane mandatory minimums for crack possession.

Got to disagree with you there.  I think pot laws are known to be inconsistently applied.  Plenty of cops in plenty of jurisdictions will look the other way under plenty of circumstances, and I would hardly call that corruption.  Especially when a celebrity is involved.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2006, 16:52 »

I'd rather Willie Nelson and co were temporarily deprived of pot than the police let them go with a nod and a wink then sidled off to stop and search some black kids with a view of giving them insane mandatory minimums for crack possession.

Khar, you're awesome.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Mogman

« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2006, 18:09 »

...Naw, just like most "Popular Musicians" you need to be doped up to the eyeballs to enjoy their music...
If you dont bring enough to share with everyone willy, you'll just have to go without =P

Anyways, that aside, if a normal guy was caught with that, a slap on the wrist... More like 3 to 5 in jail or something...

Oh well, eh, whatever, my view on most of these things is, if you aint harming anyone else, then go for it, its your body...
(However, i'am down on Smokers, as guess what, you aint only harming yourself, bloody harming anyone in a 15Metre radius >.>)

Skittish

« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2006, 18:25 »

I'm glad they didn't arrest him. I'll see him perform at Farm Aid next week.

Narr

« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2006, 18:44 »

Quote from: Garcin

Got to disagree with you there.  I think pot laws are known to be inconsistently applied.  Plenty of cops in plenty of jurisdictions will look the other way under plenty of circumstances, and I would hardly call that corruption.  Especially when a celebrity is involved.
So basically, it's okay to be corrupt as long as a lot of other cops are doing it?

I gotta agree with Khar.  I don't think that celebrity status should mean you are allowed to get off with what would be a severe charge against any regular Joe Shmuck.

Mnementh

« Reply #10 on: 22 Sep 2006, 20:25 »

Not a single guy they cited was under 50, most of them were in their 60sg war and 70s.  I gotta say that, due to their age, they should be left in peace.  Regardless, the whole story is hilarious.

Rebourne

« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2006, 21:57 »

There is nothing wrong with pot and shrooms, just use them responsibly like  anything else.

Crack, cocaine, heroin, meth... That sort of shit is the bad stuff, that is what you should get in trouble for.

You really shouldn't drive under the influence of anything though, I hope they had someone sober driving, away from the fumes.  Hell, you just shouldn't be doing that in a moving vehicle.  That's the only thing they did wrong.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #12 on: 23 Sep 2006, 01:20 »

Er, yes, of COURSE it's corruption. It's the same as pulling up next to a kerb-crawler, shining a light into his car, then tipping your hat, saying 'Sorry mr. Mayor' and driving off. Yes, the laws themselves are fucking stupid, but I'd rather that I could at least trust in them being equally applied.

Besides which, in what way did these cops NOT look the other way? A misdemeanour? For a POUND of pot? IN FUCKING LOUISIANA?

These guys got off very lightly.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #13 on: 23 Sep 2006, 01:26 »

You forgot the shrooms. Good ol' fuck-your-brain-vigorously shrooms.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #14 on: 23 Sep 2006, 06:25 »

The war on pot is ridiculous anyway. Investing millions/billions into a struggle to rid the earth of stuff that basically just makes you sleepy but allowing alcohol comercials everywhere is hypocritical and wasteful and silly.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #15 on: 23 Sep 2006, 07:00 »

On that note, everyone here does listen to Bill Hicks, right? Because I've wanted to quote 'Great Times on Drugs' several times during this thread.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2006, 08:31 »

so celebrities are above the law? basically he got a slap on the wrist. those guys were lucky. i'm sure if one of them hadn't been famous, they'd have gotten something a little worse. (they are old though, so probably not too much.) i'm going to agree with khar on this one about the tipping of the hat.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Narr

« Reply #17 on: 23 Sep 2006, 09:10 »

I don't understand the "Well, they were all old guys" arguement either.  Just because people are senior citizens means they can break the law in ways that younger people can't?

I'm not going to argue drug law with you guys.  I just mean, whether or not you think it should be a law or not, it still IS the law.  Until it's not a law, then it should still be obeyed.

TrueNeutral

« Reply #18 on: 23 Sep 2006, 10:11 »

Quote from: Narr
I don't understand the "Well, they were all old guys" arguement either.  Just because people are senior citizens means they can break the law in ways that younger people can't?

"I'm old, dammit! People my age are allowed to murder their wives!"

Quote from: Johnny C
You forgot the shrooms. Good ol' fuck-your-brain-vigorously shrooms.

Good ol' fuck-your-insides-vigorously shrooms. My parents knew a guy who had that shit growing all over his insides.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #19 on: 23 Sep 2006, 10:59 »

You know, it is actually kinda making me angry thinking about whats gonna happen to that pot now. Up to five hundred spliffs worth of decent shit! What do they do with it, burn it? Might just have to hire me a chopper and hover over an incinerator in Louisiana.

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
« Reply #20 on: 23 Sep 2006, 14:31 »

Take me with you.
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #21 on: 23 Sep 2006, 15:46 »

Sure thing man.

But seriously, think of all the wicked shit you could do with that! You could hot box a whole 747. The air national guard would find you flying at 60 mph in a big shaky circle over wyoming, having a disjointed conversation about the subjective nature of time with air-traffic control.

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
« Reply #22 on: 23 Sep 2006, 16:19 »

Good sir, you tempt me to attend flight school.
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

Narr

« Reply #23 on: 23 Sep 2006, 17:12 »

Is it even possible to stay aloft in the air with a 747 if it's only going 60 MPH?

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #24 on: 23 Sep 2006, 17:54 »

Only if your'e high enough.

eternie

« Reply #25 on: 24 Sep 2006, 03:37 »

Quote from: Cernunnos
Only if your'e high enough.

Buwahahaha.