THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 01:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graham Coxon  (Read 4624 times)

akd

Graham Coxon
« on: 26 Sep 2006, 12:22 »

Met him today (properly, not just a hi)

A friend found his wallet on the Heath so we took it round to his house. He wasn't in at first, but I left a note and he phoned us 10 minutes after he'd left. Since the guy with the wallet had already cycled off, we phoned him and waited in Graham's for him to come back.

Graham seemed like a really genuine nice guy. He was really pleased we'd found the wallet as it had pictures of his daughter in it that he had no copies of. We hung out in his living room for about half an hour, and he spent 10 minutes looking around his house for various  stuff to give us. In total we got 3 (signed) limted edition vinyls, 3 singles and 2 albums, plus all the money in his wallet.

He seemed like a really top bloke if any Blur fans are interested. He wasn't a standard thanks-now-please-leave celebrity type. He was dissapointed he didn't have more money in his wallet (although he had quite a bit) to give us and introduced us to his daughter and nanny. Also, before he left he took our mates address as he lived nearby and said he would drop off some more stuff in the future.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Graham Coxon
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2006, 12:48 »

I fucking HATE you right now.

I love Blur, and Graham himself. I reviewed him live recently and it was amazing. The closest I've come to him - and he is one of my heroes - was when he walked about two feet in front of me while I was chatting to my photographer, and I didn't realise until he'd already gone. I nearly punched the wall. My photographer didn't know who he was, of course, so he couldn't point him out.

Bah.

You suck, man.

You suck big.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

akd

Graham Coxon
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2006, 12:53 »

Sorry, but I was close to not meeting him either.

The guy who found the wallet didn't know/realise who it was and was just gonna drop it through the letter box on the way home. When we saw it we yelled at him and gave him a smack and then we all went down there. The man has LOTS of shoes and hats

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Graham Coxon
« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2006, 13:00 »

Seriously? I've never seen him wear a hat.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

akd

Graham Coxon
« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2006, 13:07 »

He had 20-30 all stacked up on each other by his big mirror, with about 50 pairs of shoes stacked underneath.

Feeeeetish.

It was just nice meeting him because with celebrities theres always the worry that they'll be dicks, or just not really nice people, and he was a great guy.

schimmy

• The Tickler
Graham Coxon
« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2006, 13:18 »

What was his house like? Was it big? Was it in the country?

akd

Graham Coxon
« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2006, 13:21 »

It was nice, but not all fancy and minimalist, and it was in London. I don't really wanna be more specific cuz I don't want to be OK magazine and all intrusive and gossipy and stuff

Staralfur

Graham Coxon
« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2006, 13:21 »

How much money did he give you?

akd

Graham Coxon
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2006, 13:24 »

Not alot (it was divided 4 ways) but it was all the money in his wallet

Spinless

Re: Graham Coxon
« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2006, 01:29 »

I was never a blur fan, but I gotta say, Graham Coxon sounds like a REALLY nice guy.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2006, 10:48 »

This thread makes me happy.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

akd

« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2006, 14:59 »

Coxon makes everyone happy.