Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 09 Dec 2021, 02:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kleenex/Liliput !  (Read 1337 times)

Coonstar

Kleenex/Liliput !
« on: 30 Sep 2006, 13:19 »

I haven't seen anything mentioned about them in these threads before, and I really don't know why. And whenever I hear the Sliits being mentioned, it's only stuff off Cut that is acknowledged (which I admit, is a fantastic album), but Return of the Giant Slits is darn awesome too, and one of the biggest jumps possible from their debut.

But yes, for the past two weeks or so I've been on a major Liliput binge. I'm not sure if I already have most of their probably tiny discography, but shit they're brilliant. At times they remind me of Siouxsie & the Banshees, or certain qualities of the Wicker Man soundtrack, and of course they resonate a lot of The Slits too since they probably toured a lot together back in the day.

I just find it kind of crazy that nobody else is talking about them! And if you've never listened to them, I suggest that you should, because they're just definitely an interesting band. Songs to check out would be Split, Die Matrosen, A Silver Key Can Open Up a Lock Somewhere, Do You Mind My Dream.
Pages: [1]   Go Up