THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 02:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little Miss Sunshine  (Read 6172 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Little Miss Sunshine
« on: 19 Aug 2006, 08:17 »

i saw Little Miss Sunshine last night, and it was AWESOME! this movie seriously had me laughing ever few minutes. has anyone else seen this?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Lise

• Furry furrier
    • Face Me
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2006, 10:05 »

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! I was going to start a Little Miss Sunshine thread, I'm surprised that no one else has taken the initiative :). It's just a GREAT movie, and no, it's not "in love with its own idiosyncrasies" (stupid IMDB).

If you think about it, hardly any families are completely normal. In fact, examining my own family, we're quite out of the ordinary, every person has his own quirks, and gahh people should not judge the Little Miss Sunshine family by the trailer! (again, stupid IMDB).

Anyway, I recommend this film to everyone on these boards who can appreciate the unique struggle/family bonding which occurs on a road trip which has (quite literally) "gone to the shits." :) I love all the characters, and I especially am surprised by Steve Carell who should do more dramatic roles!

It all culminates at the fashion show (I won't spoil anything for you), but if you didn't find the rest of the movie humorous, you WILL laugh at the end, and possibly cry. I thoroughly enjoyed it :).

logosmonkey

Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2006, 13:15 »

I've really been wanting to see this, might have to check it out this weekend.

Lines

• Awakened
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2006, 15:47 »

the talent show was great. though i would have been like dwayne and frank when they first walked into the room...and run right back out. but miss california was enjoying olive's routine! (and so was i.)

Merkava

Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2006, 20:42 »

Will people just STOP going to IMDB?

ALLMOVIE.COM ANYONE? HALLO? ?

But anyway, I want to see this. So much. As a member of a dysfunctional family, I was rofling when I heard the "everyone, pretend to be normal!" line.

Plus; STEVE CARELLOL

gingersnaps

Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2006, 22:57 »

My god... This movie is fantastic. It's funny, dark and borderline, (wait. Scratch that,) extremely depressing. I particularly loved Carell's character; the meek suicidal uncle who bonds with the angry at the world teen son.

Little Miss Sunshine has done a great favour to the roadtrip movie genre in that it hasn't relied totally on crazy mishaps and cliches of the premise. It has a real story with real, raw emotions. Hell, it may even make you cry a little.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2006, 04:09 »

Quote from: Merkava
Will people just STOP going to IMDB?

ALLMOVIE.COM ANYONE? HALLO? ?

...what?
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

flaunt

Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2006, 22:31 »

this movie is the best thing i've seen in a long time.  i laughed.  then i cried.  then i laughcried.  then i laughed some more, and cried some more.

when dwayne freaks out in the car and runs down the hill....sweet babies, i just want to watch that scene over and over.  same with olive's routine.  i could watch this move all year.

i don't care who you are, GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

alyosha

Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #8 on: 29 Aug 2006, 11:05 »

Great Surreal/Absurdist flick--  with the best, umm, running gag I've seen in a long time.  If you want to laugh, think, and be disturbed, go see it!

Alarra

Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2006, 19:28 »

This movie is really really really funny. I loved it. Especially the opening dinner scene....it felt very...my house. I especially liked how no cup matched.

Mrs. Firefly

Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #10 on: 04 Sep 2006, 20:41 »

Quote from: gingersnaps
It's funny, dark and borderline, (wait. Scratch that,) extremely depressing

You found it depressing? Really?

I can see your point; even though it does have its share of raw emotional moments- as you already said- I thought it was quite uplifting. The Miss California eats icecream bit was wonderful, as well as the "do what you love and forget the rest" speech by Dwayne.

It's comedy with a heartfelt message, and that's what's so completely amazing about it.

pee ess IT'S NOT ILLEGAL.

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #11 on: 05 Sep 2006, 09:06 »

This movie actually came to my theater on Friday; I'm gonna snag a free movie pass from work and go see it tonight.  You all have convinced me that it's worth it...
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #12 on: 12 Sep 2006, 12:58 »

i for one, did not like this movie. steve carrell's character didnt even have to be in the movie, and they made a bigger deal of the kid being color blind than the grandpa dying from a heroin overdose. frivilous doesnt even begin to describe this sad attempt at an ironic shot at society.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #13 on: 13 Sep 2006, 19:27 »

Quote from: beat mouse
OBLIGATORY DISSENTING VOICE IN A POORLY COVERED ATTEMPT AT SEEMING HIPPER THAN EVERYONE ELSE

Fixed.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #14 on: 13 Sep 2006, 21:33 »

Okay, I finally got around to seeing this movie tonight...I'm glad I did.  It'll probably be the best movie I see all year (unless The Fountain is as awesome as I hope it is going to be).  It was sad without being depressing, it was funny without resorting to stupid humor, it was sometimes cynical but not completely hopeless, and it was heart-warming without being kitschy or campy...loved it.
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #15 on: 14 Sep 2006, 02:40 »

Quote from: I Am Not Amused
Quote from: beat mouse
OBLIGATORY DISSENTING VOICE IN A POORLY COVERED ATTEMPT AT SEEMING HIPPER THAN EVERYONE ELSE

Fixed.

oh yeah. that's what i meant. hipster theory is often mistaken for dislike.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Lines

• Awakened
Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #16 on: 14 Sep 2006, 08:51 »

rawr! you're not the only one who doesn't like it. it's one of those movies that you either love or think along the lines of beat mouse. believe me, i've heard way worse than what beat mouse said...

ZombieLove

Re: Little Miss Sunshine
« Reply #17 on: 28 Sep 2006, 00:42 »

sweet sweetness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up