THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 12:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007 Big Day Out  (Read 20040 times)

normz

Re: 2007 Big Day Out
« Reply #50 on: 31 Oct 2006, 08:08 »

wheres the excitement??? I'm going and I'm stoked ... Gold Coast FTW, why can't anyone else get excited with me :-( Tool, Muse, The Killers, Eskimo Joe ..... hell yes!

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #51 on: 31 Oct 2006, 13:44 »

Cheap Trick/Thin Lizzy also announced today as well as My Chemical Romance sideshows

how the fuck do you have a thin lizzy show without phil...he made the fucking band

in other news you can always count on the fact that living end will play, considering howmuch crane have been touring for their last album wouldn't be surprized if they popped up but seriously guys big day out is all about minor acts not the headlines, where else do you get to hear dresden dolls before they made a studio release
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

The Eyeball Kid

« Reply #52 on: 31 Oct 2006, 15:26 »

Hey, don't put it past them.  I was at last year's festival & had my enjoyment of BSS absolutely ruined by all the shitfaced bogans pushing past me into an already sardine-packed space.  These people have absolutely no respect for others.  One drunk fuck actually shouted "MOVE!" and charged elbows-first into a bunch of ladies.

Goddamn fucking assholes.

You should have seen some of the ice-fueled shit that happened at Parklife.

Example story that I heard (didn't see, but I have no reason to disbelieve) involved some Southern-Cross sporting wanker who walked up to a girl he didn't know and grabbed her full by the crotch. She screamed, her boyfriend intervened, and was promptly set upon by the dude and three of his mates. He got pretty much destroyed, had his hand shattered with a chair, and while her boyfriend was lying bleeding on the ground, the girl was then forcibly ejected by security for "starting a fight"(!)

Scum. Absolute fucking scum.

'all' i saw was 3 security guards tackling a dude who jumped the fest, twisting his arm and spilling my friends' beer... at like 10am
that and some assholes yelling at Peter Hook that 'you killed Ian Curtis' and 'Ian Curtis killed himself because of you'
in our defense, we were really drunk and he was a bad DJ

StevoF

« Reply #53 on: 31 Oct 2006, 22:21 »

ouch.

The Eyeball Kid

« Reply #54 on: 02 Nov 2006, 18:14 »

Two weeks later I saw Craig Nicholls from the Vines outside a Grates show and started talking about 'Get Free' 'yeah, wasn't that a song from the 70s?' 'some one-hit wonder band'

then he asked if we wanted autographs

then i remembered he had Aspergers and i felt bad, so i apologized

he's all puffy with Shane McGowan teeth

I'm a bad person
and i still haven't made the mix of Jeff Mangum rarties i promised the Grates' drummer

horrible name-dropping aside, BDO will suck and i'm not buying tickets

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #55 on: 02 Nov 2006, 23:08 »

Actually, now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense that the dude would have Aspergers. It is pretty ridiculous for someone with it to be in a massivly successful band, I kind of feel sorry for the dude.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

The Eyeball Kid

« Reply #56 on: 03 Nov 2006, 03:05 »

He just looked... sad. A few people recognized him, but mostly people were squealing over the Grates. I think he signed some autographs and hung out at the afterparty.

http://flickr.com/photos/chrisbrimstone/269887855/ its pretty sad

strawberry_gashes

« Reply #57 on: 03 Nov 2006, 05:11 »

*Shudders*  Tool is on the same bill as My Chemical fucking Romance?
Truly, the end of the days has come.

Maynard James Keenan and co. are miles above those guys and their eyeliner.  :|

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #58 on: 03 Nov 2006, 11:26 »

Woah... you have no idea do you?

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

ebsha

« Reply #59 on: 04 Nov 2006, 14:22 »

freakin spazzys >.<

Saw them at Come Together Festival, was dissapointed.  Although they had a damn good guest drummer (drummer got sick, dude learnt their set in bout an hour before they went on).

anyways, sadly i havent made it to BDO yet, (parents suck, so does living in rural nsw), but i plan to make it to 2008 BDO, 2007 line-up sucks, hopefully 2008 will be better.

Gryff

• Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #60 on: 08 Nov 2006, 02:51 »

Second Announcement:

The Streets, Kasabian, Crystal Method DJs, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Justice, Trivium, John Cooper Clarke, Afra & The Incredible Beatbox Band, Diplo, John Butler Trio, Something for Kate, You Am I, Little Birdy, The Presets, Bob Evans, The Drone, The Butterfly Effect, love [tattoo] and Shapeshifter.

Verdict: STILL LAME (although Lupe Fiasco would be great, and Lily Allen and the Streets would at least be interesting).
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2006, 02:58 by Gryff »

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #61 on: 08 Nov 2006, 04:07 »

There is no saving this Big Day Out.

Seeing as how I can clearly hear every note from my house . . . I'm going to have to find somewhere else to be that day.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #62 on: 08 Nov 2006, 04:39 »

The only band I know on that second list is Trivium, and they suck.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

The Eyeball Kid

« Reply #63 on: 08 Nov 2006, 05:14 »

Second Announcement:

The Streets, Kasabian, Crystal Method DJs, Lily Allen, Lupe Fiasco, Justice, Trivium, John Cooper Clarke, Afra & The Incredible Beatbox Band, Diplo, John Butler Trio, Something for Kate, You Am I, Little Birdy, The Presets, Bob Evans, The Drone, The Butterfly Effect, love [tattoo] and Shapeshifter.

Verdict: STILL LAME (although Lupe Fiasco would be great, and Lily Allen and the Streets would at least be interesting).

Yah, but thats what sideshows are for
The band i'm most excited about on that list is You Am I, and they live a train ride away (though i still haven't seen them)
i'm the last to know about this, though... lame
so glad i'm not going

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #64 on: 08 Nov 2006, 10:33 »

Yeah it is a pretty shit second announcement. None of the international acts on it interest me in the slightest, and I can see Something For Kate or You Am I on a regular enough basis for me not to give a shit. I was hoping for an insanely spectacular second announcement full of fun bands I had never seen live before, so that I might actually bother to dance like a puppet for their lottery system.

doki

« Reply #65 on: 27 Jan 2007, 23:14 »

you know what really pisses me off?  every year i meet people like you group of idiots who hate the BDO announcements and go off on a fucking rant about how no good bands ever EVER come and its a big pile of shit

fuck you

yeah you heard

the BDO is fun.  I go ever year and i have always found something enjoyable.  this year was particularly good as two bands, known for their awesome live shows, played the night away.  as well as one of my favorite bands from childhood (the femmes) turning ups as well.  Kasabian played an awesome show and it was absolutely fuckign awesome to see Craig Nicholes put on a show like that.

My point is, if you dont wanna go, then dont.  but dont complain to me that the festival i enjoy going to, REGARDLESS of who is playing isnt living up to your fucking godlike standards

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #66 on: 28 Jan 2007, 00:20 »

You know what bothers me? When people resurrect a 3 month old thread to go on a self-righteous rant.

I guess we all owe you an apology though.

I am sorry that paying 125 dollars for an average festival is something I don't like to do. I'm sorry don't like the large crowds of dickheads who just go to get drunk either. I'm especially sorry I resent the way the event organizers are so fucking terrified of liability because of the sheer amount of fuckheads there, that I have to physically restrain myself from having fun.

I am especially sorry that my desire not to bend over and take it in the butt might be so vehement that I might want to express my dislike of something on the internet.

doki

« Reply #67 on: 28 Jan 2007, 00:36 »

for the record i was searching for a big day out forum here in the hopes of discussing the show.  you know, with some of the people like me who enjoy shelling out money to see things.  i was shocked to see this thread and i thought it deserved some say so.  see, like i said, i enjoyed myself.  i ALWAYS enjoy myself that the bdo.  i thought, rather than start a thread about it and get redirected here, id search for one and post in that.

i just dont see why you people cant find SOMETHING to like about a festival like the BDO.  it boggles the mind that in a croud of thousands with plenty of bands and other things (dance acts, art installations, fucking carnival rides) you can somehow find a way to have a bad time.  it just confuses me.  Yes the price is high, yes there are idiots in a croud that big, these are small things that are easily circumvented by the amount of fun you have if you want to.

Thats all i really wanted to say.  The show - again for the record- was incredible.  there was not a performance (besides macromantics) that i could say was anything close to sub par.  i got loads of free hugs and enjoyed myself immensely.  I just want it known that its not that bad

as for the liabilty thing? if a girl died at your show, regardless of the circumstances, im pretty sure you would be smart enough to impliment some kind of safety deal as well so that, god forbid, it happens again you can outline what you did in order to prevent it

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #68 on: 28 Jan 2007, 00:43 »

Look, if you want to discuss the show, talk about what you enjoyed, don't insult us by implying we hate fun, or whatever the fuck your intent was. I doubt anyone is going to jump down your throat for disagreeing with you if you just try to be civil.

doki

« Reply #69 on: 28 Jan 2007, 00:59 »

just saying it was worth it hat, a contrary opinion, no intention to cause harm

the show was awesome, i am convinced that i must listen to Kasabian some more.  anybody who can own an audience like they did deserve my respect.  Muse and Tool were absolutely mind blowing.  Tool opened on Stinkfist and played a whole bunch of their old stuff.  Watching Craig come back from a severe mental illness to put on a surprisingly good show is something i must respect, and i do have to give a shoutout to the Sick Puppies fan who dropped the "Free Hugs" sign that, in my hands, turned out to be the single most powerful object in the universe.  all in all about 200 hugs.

so yeah, fun fun fun
did anyone else actually go to the show?

doki

« Reply #70 on: 28 Jan 2007, 02:39 »

absolutely del
How was the fruit and sports drinks?

absolutely delish

thanks for asking

Gryff

• Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #71 on: 28 Jan 2007, 12:59 »