THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost [POSSIBLE SPOILERS!]  (Read 8286 times)

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Lost [POSSIBLE SPOILERS!]
« on: 05 Oct 2006, 17:20 »

Did anyone catch the season premiere last night? Thoughts?

I mean, it answered almost nothing for me. It provided a little more information about Jack's character, but beyond that I got nothing.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
Re: Lost [POSSIBLE SPOILERS!]
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2006, 17:59 »

Here's a thought: poor man's X-Files.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2006, 19:39 »

everyone is really dead and it is pergatory?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2006, 20:20 »

I mean, it answered almost nothing for me. It provided a little more information about Jack's character, but beyond that I got nothing.

An episode of Lost answered almost nothing?

INCONCEIVABLE!!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2006, 09:17 »

everyone is really dead and it is pergatory?

No.

And were you really expecting anything to be answered? We got to see the Others' true form. Now Sawyer just has to unleash his limit break and finish them!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

nuisance

« Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2006, 03:35 »

Man, there's so much that sucks about this show, but I have to admit I'm hooked.  I may be a freak, but I've read things to the effect that they're not going to tie up the loose ends of the story and I'm pretty glad about that.  It means I'm never watching with a "what the hell is going on?  when will they explain everything?" mindset.

Ignoring the awful dialogue, boring characters and frustratingly melodramatic music, the main thing that pisses me off about Lost is all the psychoanalytical, redemptive shit.  The finale of this episode was a classic example of this - Jack's turned some kind of corner and addressed some past issue.  Whoopee-doo.  It just frustrates me how modern drama has this intense focus on psychoanalysis, the plot devices for both revealing character and developing it coming down to this sorta Freudian shit about key past events.

Gah, I don't think I can explain myself...

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2006, 12:47 »

The music pisses me off too.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

BillAdama

« Reply #7 on: 07 Feb 2007, 22:36 »

Wow.  I'm not surprised so much that so many people here are too cool for Lost, but I'm surprised that nobody defended it.

(Maybe if it didn't get good ratings...)

I'm a big fan of Twin Peaks, so it follows that I'll enjoy Lost almost as much.  I like those weird needlessly complex serials with lots of visions and dreams and lots of dangling mysteries.  Of course, in Twin Peaks they never gave answers because the show was prematurely canceled, but in Lost they've announced they're setting an end date some point in the future, so they will have an ending they're moving toward.

(Why won't David Lynch write a damn NOVEL of what was going to happen in season three?!)

Some people think the writers don't know what they're doing, but I get the impression the writers have known what everything is from day one, and have just been taking their sweet time because that's the style of the show.

I think today's midseason premiere was a bit awkwardly plotted, though.  It didn't hit the mark like the midseason finale did, and the arbitrariness was more transparent than usual. 

They seem to be hinting that since the hatch exploded, they've been out of contact from the real world.  Maybe that means Michael and Walt are still around?

kokeyjoe

« Reply #8 on: 08 Feb 2007, 06:16 »

Did anyone catch the season premiere last night? Thoughts?

Hehe, it's sad when a show gets special attention because it stops cranking out episodes for three months in the middle of the season.  Now they get extra promtion because it's like they get two premieres each season, but really, it's just TV laziness.  Considering scripted dramas and sit-coms are still trying to win back viewers after the reality TV epidemic, you'd think they wouldn't drive people away by screwing up the scheduling so badly.

I love Lost, but I wish they'd try to follow 24's air schedule a bit more closely.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #9 on: 08 Feb 2007, 08:39 »

Well, in Lost's case, the network wanted to go to the half-year full season thing that Alias and 24 started, but the producers didn't want to wait that long to start a new season. So, instead, they compromised on a 6 episodes mini-series type of deal, then the full season.

Or maybe the other way around.

In any case: it's back now until the end of the season with no reruns. Sweet.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #10 on: 08 Feb 2007, 10:58 »

Yeah, I guess I should just be happy they won't take four weeks off at a time to come back with a recap episode and then another two weeks off, anymore.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: 09 Feb 2007, 00:48 »

I'm a big fan of Twin Peaks, so it follows that I'll enjoy Lost almost as much.

Please don't ever compare Twin Peaks and Lost again, except to disparage Lost.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2007, 18:36 »

the guy got hit by a bus. AHAHAHAHA.

and then by the end i realized why i didn't watch the show very much last season - THEY DON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING. it got boring, and i'm still kind of bored with it. minus the guy getting hit by a bus.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Mr u Suk

« Reply #13 on: 11 Feb 2007, 18:42 »

as far as explaining anything, nada. but ive come to expect that from lost by now

what i did like was at the end of the episode when you see that Juilet really had no intention on being an other and you could almost say forced to join Ben's gang

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #14 on: 11 Feb 2007, 18:49 »

dude. he knifed the guy in the kidney. that is bad ass.

and audio/visual torture?

and and and bear cage fish treats?

give them an emmy
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #15 on: 11 Feb 2007, 19:23 »

yeah, the brainwashing was disturbing. and they say they are the "good guys", which i still don't get.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #16 on: 11 Feb 2007, 19:38 »

It resembles a clockwork orange in that it was disturbing. I think that there is a ####### of possibilities out there, so we will have to wait for like, season 10 before we get anything.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #17 on: 12 Feb 2007, 10:44 »

The writers and producers have said they actually have plans for six seasons. No more, no less.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

BillAdama

« Reply #18 on: 12 Feb 2007, 18:36 »

I'm confused.  Do you dislike Twin Peaks, dislike Lost, or dislike both Twin Peaks and Lost?  They've got totally different approaches and feels, but they use similar plot devices.

I guess I didn't mind the long hiatus because I'm used to long hiatuses for Battlestar Galactica and Scifi's little split seasons.

Though I love Lost, and don't give a crap that they don't answer all the questions because the show is about the characters, not the questions, I have to say...

This week's episode sucked.  Poorly paced, with a really boring backstory.  Then the arbitrary actions at the end, and the stupid Clockwork Orange thing.

--
(Edit added a few days later)

Uhh...

I loved the Others arc in the first six episodes of the season, and I personally thought it was the best arc of the series.

But what the hell is going on now?  Lost is Final Destination now?  And, if everybody's death is arbitrarily decided by the heavens and inevitable instead of the result of everybody's actions and decisions, how is the show supposed to be interesting?

I hope for the sake of the show, Desmond is wrong, and it is possible to change things.
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2007, 10:04 by BillAdama »

Spinless

« Reply #19 on: 16 Feb 2007, 11:14 »

I'm not following, I stopped at the season 2 finale. What's going on?
Yes, I'm asking for spoilers. Because I am curious to know, but not curious enough to go and look for the show.

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #20 on: 17 Feb 2007, 06:36 »

I love Lost.
Love it so much I want its babies.
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

Mr u Suk

« Reply #21 on: 18 Feb 2007, 13:43 »

I really liked Desmonds flashback episode, mainly because it feels like the old Lost we all once fell in love with.

but with Des predicting Charlies death?...A) hell no, Charlie rules too much to be taken off, B) doubt it....but Des now does have some way of telling the future (or like its already happend before, see the conversation where Des tells Hurley about Locke's speech thinking its already happened)

Des fucking rules

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #22 on: 25 Feb 2007, 20:31 »

I keep missing it when it's on TV, so I've watched this entire season on the internet so far.

I think that Desmond could be right, and Charlie is destined to die- but I think something is going to come up in a future episode (something concerning the island and its magic-ness) that will allow them to defy fate.

I think Karl is going to play a huge role in the rest of the season. So basically you can just call me Captain Obvious.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #23 on: 26 Feb 2007, 01:15 »

Here's a thought: poor man's X-Files.

Man I was going to post some pithy comment in here about how slow and annoying this show is, but I already basically did it.

Also, nowhere near as good as Twin Peaks. Nowhere near.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #24 on: 26 Feb 2007, 09:37 »

The writers and producers have said they actually have plans for six seasons. No more, no less.

actually it's four. and a possible movie.

also, for the haters, i can understand not liking lost. i dont like a lot of things, but unfortunately with lost, without watching it episode for episode, each one, it becoems almost impossible to get anything out of the show.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #25 on: 26 Feb 2007, 17:14 »

I really liked Desmonds flashback episode, mainly because it feels like the old Lost we all once fell in love with.

but with Des predicting Charlies death?...A) hell no, Charlie rules too much to be taken off, B) doubt it....but Des now does have some way of telling the future (or like its already happend before, see the conversation where Des tells Hurley about Locke's speech thinking its already happened)

Des fucking rules

I was quite disappointed by that episode, actually.

Except that they got a Scotsman drunk.

And, I agree.  Charlie is bad ass.  He shot a dude for stealing his woman.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #26 on: 26 Feb 2007, 19:16 »

I'm surprised people stopped liking the show.. I still think it's really good.. and I looked forward to its return. And now it's back :D

I really only watch Lost and Heroes, and of course the Fox Sunday evening line up.
Boredom Makes You Cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up