THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 17:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new to webcomics: i want more!  (Read 5526 times)

ddddisaster

new to webcomics: i want more!
« on: 08 Oct 2006, 12:18 »

hi everyone :) i'm pretty much brand new to webcomics. i just finished reading all of QC and i loved it, and I also am a something positive fan. even though i've looked through all of the links i could find here, i just haven't found any more comics i really like. so i figured i'd go to you.

i'm looking for story-line heavy romance-based webcomics, much like QC. i for some reason have a hard time getting into a comic if it's in black & white as well or if the drawing style is really shoddy, even though i know that makes me sound like such an elitest when really i'm more of a noob.

links for me, anyone?

Justin

Re: new to webcomics: i want more!
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2006, 12:32 »

at the risk of this becoming basically a clone of this thread...

gunnerkrigg court is really good
penny and aggie is in black and white, but the art is fantastic
my webcomic longs for attention. the first 30 strips are a little rough, but the rest are gold, GOLD!!
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2006, 13:39 by Justin »

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2006, 15:11 »

The only comic you need is Achewood. It fits none of your criteria but is the best thing you can read on the internet. Read more than just a couple of strips and you will get it.

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2006, 15:40 »

Alpha Shade - More of an online graphic novel than a webcomic.  Kind of a sci-fi fantasy story, though it's hard to tell, because as far as they are into it, the reader still doesn't know a whole lot.  No romance, but obviously very story-based.

Girly - An incredibly silly story about a hot chick and her hot chick "sidekick".  It's part lesbian love story, part adventure.

Starslip Crisis - Again, no real romance to speak of, but still very story-based.  Sci-fi comic about a luxury warship turned museum, with wacky antics.  Tied for first with QC as my favorite comics on the web, apart from my own.  Speaking of which...

Taco Man and Burrito Boy - I mean, I have to plug my own comic.  Very heavily plot-driven, and I've been actively working on making it more character-driven the last few months.  It's not a love story, but there is a very important romantic tragedy subplot that I just wrapped up a chapter of.  The overall plot itself starts off as being about two superheroes struggling to find their place in the superhero world, and it could still be perceived to be that way, but I've been laying out the groundwork for the last year or so to take the whole thing in a brand new direction, so it's not quite so hackneyed anymore.  :P
Hindrances to Progress Games to get in the way of your dreams!

TrueNeutral

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2006, 06:24 »

Sam & Fuzzy is in Black & White, but you really oughta read it anyway. It's a very rewarding read.

Romance heavy... No Pink Ponies http://www.nopinkponies.com/ is all that comes to mind.

I hear Scary Go Round is very popular among QC fans. You should probably check that out.

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2006, 14:21 »

Loserz is great (and hilarious) http://loserzcomic.com/ but he dosn't update often so if you finish it then you might have to wait a while for updates!
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

TheLanyard

« Reply #7 on: 26 Oct 2006, 00:15 »

This thread is really helpful for finding more comics to read when I should be working!

I read:

QC
Least I Could Do
PVP
Hockey Zombie
Order of the Stick
Penny Arcade
CAD
Real Life

pretty consistantly, though there are dozens more I read when I remember about them. 

KOODustin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2006, 22:29 »

If you like a good story-based, comic RPG World is good.  Though frustrating because the guy never finished the damn thing.  If you like Fantasy and RPG humor that's the place.

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #9 on: 28 Nov 2006, 10:59 »

i, too, am a new webcomic fan (if you count new to be 3 and a half years of reading). i read, religiously, the following comics: (from first to last)

Something Positive
Ctrl Alt Delete
PvP
Sinfest
XKCD (omg friekin hilarious)
QC (obviously)

and probably some more i keep forgetting about. i HAVE read the following comics from front to back a while ago....

Chopping Block (LAH never updates...bastard)
Bob the Angry Flower
Toothpaste for Dinner
Explosm (wrong on so many levels..but funny)
Dr. McNinja
some comic about demon sisters and one of them has a mortal boyfriend...i can't remember the name or else i would still read it (probably staring at me right in the face)
VG cats (but i never got into it)
Megatokyo (a total fan until he was taking too damn long to update.)

have fun! :)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 28 Nov 2006, 11:09 »

I am glad that someone mentioned VG Cats, cause I would be sorely cross if it was not mentioned up until now

oh, the demon one is Krakow

some others to see are:
Yirmumah
Bigger Then Cheese
Overcompensating
Stuff Sucks
just to name a few

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #11 on: 28 Nov 2006, 12:44 »

oo! YES! i love you, thanks  :-D

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #12 on: 29 Nov 2006, 02:49 »

If good art is important to you and you do not mind a bit of talking about sex and the odd cute naked lady, as well as a crazy ninja dad and a whole bunch of other stuff, then read Chugworth. I have recently become addicted.

Shishio

« Reply #13 on: 29 Nov 2006, 05:29 »

Check out Junk Riot.  It's completed, by the way.  You might also like Sordid City Blues, which is not in full colour, but it's not black and white either.

Templar, Arizona is not a romance comic, but it's character driven and decent.  (And the art is fantastic.) I think you'll enjoy it.

If you have any other interests, let me know, and I'll make more recommendations accordingly.

Oh, and you'll have to look those comics up yourself, because I'm much too lazy to find the links.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: 29 Nov 2006, 11:51 »

I used to love Chugworth, though now it is a red site to me (a warning of sorts by McAfee abou the safety of sites)

here are some more that I find funny
Acorn Grove
Shortpacked
Beaver and Steve
Girls With Slingshots
and of course, Perry Bible Fellowship
oh and San Antonio Rock City when it updates
Pages: [1]   Go Up