THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 23:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Cause  (Read 3524 times)

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Just Cause
« on: 04 Oct 2006, 11:29 »

okay, got the game a few days back, done about five, six missions, and a LOT of sandbox dicking around.

impressions: FUCKING OMG AWESOME WTF ACTIONZ0RZ BATMAN!!!

seriously, this game is like taking every James Bond film ever made, forcing them all together, replacing James Bond with Antonio Banderas, and then giving him a self-packing, instantly redeployable parachute, a jet-powered speed boat with an infinite supply of missiles, and twin revolvers. it's THAT COOL.

the only gripe I have with it is that the PC version is just a lazy direct-port from the Xbox 360, so you can't navigate the menus with your mouse, and the crosshair control is REALLY sluggish. Hopefully, there'll be a patch to fix that.

oh, it's also insanely huge. You could fit GTA: San Andreas in the top right-hand corner, Oblivion in the bottom left, and still have a LOT of terrain left over.

anyone else played it? agree with me? disagree?

POST HERE, MORTALS.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2006, 13:32 by Switchblade »
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

NERO

• Not quite a lurker
  • Honk. Just honk.
Re: Just Cause
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2006, 11:35 »

I disagree on the antonio banderas(sp?) comment. Bond could kick his ass any day of the week. It sounds like a good game though.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2006, 13:29 »

dude, seriously, Rico Rodriguez is basically Antonio Banderas with a parachute. how else are you going to describe him?
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2006, 16:40 »

I actually was looking at this game, but haven't bought it yet because I already have way more games than I have free time to play. If I do pick it up, I'll get the 360 version because apparently it's the best out of them all and it's only 50 dollars instead of the normal 60 for a new game. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

I hear it's pretty short, though.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2006, 16:37 »

Switchblade, amen to everything, especially the lazy port part - if the game had a little more meat to it - if it was a PC game instead of an Xbox game that plays on the PC - it would be the best game ever. As it stands, it is disappointing. Very disappointing, but only because it promised so much more.
It was so close, and yet so far.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

IndieRawk

« Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2006, 19:20 »

probably one of the most overrated games I've ever played.

Graphics are terrible, aiming system is terrible, the only fun thing to do is go around and jump off of moutains.
Pages: [1]   Go Up