THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 10:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it just me or has the music forum become more pretentious lately?  (Read 5998 times)

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO

For some reason, it seems to me that this section of the forums has recently become more pretentious and jerky.  Also, it seems like this has coincided with an influx of newer members (and more posts by said members).  Any thoughts on this?  Maybe I am just being hypersensitive.

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com

I don't think it's nearly pretentious enough.
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO

Yeah, nevermind, I'm being weird.  Some deeper perusement of the boards leads me to the conclusion that what at face value I took for pretention was instead heated (yet for the most part intelligent) discussion.  You may all disregard this thread now.  In other news, I heartily salute Dischord records for having such low prices and allowing me to enjoy more great music for a lower amount of currency.

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO

I read Michael Azeraad's Our Band Could Be Your Life at the end of August, and I was really captivated by the stories of all the bands.  I will most likely soon purchase Dischord's 20th Anniversary Set, Fugazi's 13 Songs & Repeater, and perhaps Faraquet's The View From This Tower.

I had a very pleasant time browsing Dischord's site, and especially reading the About page.  Also, I fun watching those DC Punk video podcasts that were posted somewhere.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I read that book a couple of years ago and it, amongst other things, kind of jumped me into music that didn't suck balls. I'm not giving it all the credit for that, but.. it helped.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

That book was the reason I bought Double Nickels On The Dime. I gave copies of it to the other people in my old band too, since my Dad has a really bad memory and keeps forgetting I already own it whenever birthdays and christmas roll around. Come to think of it I'll probably be getting another copy tomorrow, I'll need to find another deserving home.

I really want that Make Up DVD and the Evens record but... is anyone else horribly disappointed by French Toast? On paper they should be amazing but they're just dull.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Kid Modernist

can't have enough good things said about dischord can we?
there's a host of new releases to check out by the way folks.

Coming Soon
153 Joe Lally "'There to Here" CD/LP 10/9/06 USA / 9/25/06 EU
154 French Toast "'Ingleside Terrace" CD/LP 10/9/06 USA / 9/25/06 EU

I saw French Toast in 2003 opening for Q and not U. I liked it a lot, but never remembered to check anything out by them. Will do now though :)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

There seem to be a couple of new people who are a bit assholey, like that person who accosted me for liking Blink 182.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt

That book was the reason I bought Double Nickels On The Dime. I gave copies of it to the other people in my old band too, since my Dad has a really bad memory and keeps forgetting I already own it whenever birthdays and christmas roll around. Come to think of it I'll probably be getting another copy tomorrow, I'll need to find another deserving home.

Dude, send it to me!
I've been looking everywhere for that book.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

he didn't. go back and read that thread again. he liked them as well in fact.

This is true. Why do you follow me around with the deliberate aim to make me seem more of a dick than I already am?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Although the two hour difference between those posts would suggest otherwise.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor

Though the three minutes it took you to reply would seem to enforce Tommy's theory.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Well of course he is right, I just found it amusing that his statement was true, yet two hours after my post.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Dude, send it to me!
I've been looking everywhere for that book.

If I do indeed receive another copy when he returns from the black country consider it yours.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I Liked this thread better when it was about Dischord.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

jose

For some reason, it seems to me that this section of the forums has recently become more pretentious and jerky.  Also, it seems like this has coincided with an influx of newer members (and more posts by said members).  Any thoughts on this?  Maybe I am just being hypersensitive.

it probably seems that way because you have horrible taste in music

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!

AnonymousNoob

160 The Evens "'Get Evens" CD/LP 11/06/06 USA / 10/23/06 EU

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

it probably seems that way because you have horrible taste in music

I can I give you a big moustachioed handjob?

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO

As this has apparently become the thread where I talk about Dischord, I felt I should mention that I just ordered the 20 Years of Dischord Set, 13 Songs and Repeater + 3 Songs by Fugazi, and The View From This Tower by Faraquet.  I am excited for more music!
Pages: [1]   Go Up