THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cartoons to impress girls  (Read 11146 times)

bluebright

Cartoons to impress girls
« on: 13 Oct 2006, 19:35 »

Kids did it in the 40's and 50's, why not today? I don't see why respectable 20+ year old males can't offer a cartoon to impress a girl. Heck knows we do it with our cars and perfectly chiseled bodies (ahem...). This is what i told myself to help me get to sleep after i gave this to a girl i had a 'thing' for:

http://www.myzanyadventure.com/content/project_cindy502x768.png

right well, tell me ladies, would you be impressed, nay, give a guy a second look after seeing that? Maybe i should have stuck with the car.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2006, 18:03 by bluebright »

Grawsith

Re: Cartoons to impress girls
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2006, 04:35 »

5 points for plugging your site three times in one post. Nice comic though.

bluebright

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2006, 17:47 »

hahaha, lol, your awsome. well, the girl i gave it too didn't know what it was...she wasn't very nerdy to begin with i dont think

Eva:Gina

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2006, 15:31 »

I drew a little strip of me and my best mate when I wanted to woo him...
It worked  :laugh:

Ignoring your shamless plug, I think a comic would have a much bigger effect on me than a car or anything...

bluebright

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2006, 23:25 »

really? that is so cool to know their are girls out there like that. I think im looking in all the wrong places.

« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2006, 01:17 »

Im in New Zealand... its a far way away to look
and I lost interest in him after a few weeks... 6 year freindship down the pooter... :angel:

salada

• Curry sauce
« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2006, 04:43 »

a friend of mine asked out his current girl by drawing a small comic on the back of a coaster one night at the pub (she was working at the bar) with a picture of him and a speech bubble with a "hey so i think you're pretty cool maybe you could call me here's my number" spiel.

so i guess it works, yeah.

« Reply #7 on: 18 Oct 2006, 12:50 »

^^^
That is so damn cute!
I shows more effort than just "what you doing after you knock of work"

Silly Bobs new groove

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2006, 08:46 »

I did this one for my girlfriend's birthday.
http://jeopardy.smackjeeves.com/comics/47392/
it's in my old not so great art, but it made her smile.

« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2006, 07:19 »

:-D
BOB
That is so goddamned CUTE!  :angel:

EdithKeelerMustDie

« Reply #10 on: 15 Nov 2006, 11:44 »

You guys are making my boyfriend look bad. o(^.^)o

TheLanyard

« Reply #11 on: 15 Nov 2006, 19:06 »

Ouch.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #12 on: 15 Nov 2006, 23:33 »

I'd be flattered if a boy drew me a cartoon :( Unfortunatly, I'm guess I'm not a comic-giving material girl... or whatever.

TheLanyard

« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2006, 19:09 »

Perhaps you just need to find a comic-book-giving kinda guy like those above.  I give my girl Sprees.  Tons and tons of Sprees.  They're way better than comics or flowers and taste better too!

ThePQ4

« Reply #14 on: 16 Nov 2006, 20:15 »

I give my girl Sprees. Tons and tons of Sprees.
Regular sprees or chewy? Chewy are the best!

TheLanyard

« Reply #15 on: 16 Nov 2006, 22:45 »

I can't find the Chewy!!!  Life just isn't the same without the Chewy.

ThePQ4

« Reply #16 on: 17 Nov 2006, 06:23 »

Ochmigee. Chewy are the best!

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #17 on: 17 Nov 2006, 06:39 »

I don't think my girlfriend would love me if I was incapable of drawing..
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

TheLanyard

« Reply #18 on: 18 Nov 2006, 00:23 »

I don't think my girlfriend would love me if I was incapable of drawing..

Isn't that a wee bit of a bad thing?

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #19 on: 18 Nov 2006, 00:56 »

it would be if i couldn't draw.

but nah, i was about 85% kidding in the original post.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

TheLanyard

« Reply #20 on: 18 Nov 2006, 02:27 »

As was I.  We all know being able to draw is all that matters.  That's why I keep my drawing hand wrapped in pillows when I'm not using it.

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #21 on: 27 Nov 2006, 21:55 »

unfortunately, once guys hear that i actually READ comics (and webcomics too)...that usually ends my date.

jerks. WHY CAN'T I FIND ANYONE WHO READS QC? or...at least something positive. this calls for a wtf.

TheLanyard

« Reply #22 on: 28 Nov 2006, 01:00 »

So...your date ends when the guy finds out you read comics.  Where are you meeting these guys at?  There's like a gazillion comic book loving dudes around.  Geeks need lovin' too!

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #23 on: 28 Nov 2006, 10:53 »

oh, i met some. it was actually pretty weird, because i read so many gamer comics i talk to actual gamers and they can't tell the difference if im a real gamer or not...kinda like people who play guitar hero :D.

i was working at a movie theater and there was a con across the street and this guy comes over to get popcorn and stuff and we start talking about the con and hes not hiding the fact that hes dumbfounded theres a girl who sounds like a gamer. then he found out i had a boyfriend and it was all sad panda from there.

(yeah meeting guys who like that stuff is hard...but finding girls who like webcomics is even harder! and i mean that not in a lesbian-esque sort of way, but like a i-want-a-friend-whose-a-girl-who-reads-webcomics-because-my-parents-don't-approve-of-me-having-all-these-guy-friends...thing. yeah, even i got confused.)

bluebright

« Reply #24 on: 28 Nov 2006, 12:30 »

Video game nerds and comic book nerds a made for each other. "But there the same" you say. WRONG. Besides, sa person who breaks up a date because you have certain hobbies (and i dont mean gutting sheep) must be pretty lame. But then again what would I know.

ThePQ4

« Reply #25 on: 28 Nov 2006, 19:07 »

See, all of my friends from high school think that my reading comics makes me immature or something. So basically, I don't talk to them anymore. At least I don't still live at home, or go home every weekend from college. --And my one friend I've made on campus isn't so much into comics like I am, but she did make me join the Anime Club, which is cool.

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #26 on: 29 Nov 2006, 01:58 »

yeah, well the group i usually hang around are all either motorcycle riders or total jocks...you know, the annoying in crowd from high school, only in my group there are less stds and alcohol fests.

but try watching me describe a comic i just read to them. its funny...in a really, really awkward way.

BBP

« Reply #27 on: 09 Dec 2006, 09:33 »

Video game nerds and comic book nerds a made for each other. "But there the same" you say. WRONG. Besides, sa person who breaks up a date because you have certain hobbies (and i dont mean gutting sheep) must be pretty lame. But then again what would I know.

Any Chili Peppers fans?  "Sheep Magik, Sex Magik, Sex Magik."  That's what it sounds like anyway.

Peter Harris

« Reply #28 on: 01 Feb 2007, 13:45 »

Based on my personal experience...

Giving a girl art can be a good thing, if she appreciate art.  She doesn't have to be nerdy to appreciate a drawing of her, though it might be better to offer her something that you displayed in your art class and then decided to give her.  Giving her a drawing of her which took you fifteen hours to do might come across as a little awkward - that's a lot of investment for a girl you haven't even gone on a date with.

You state she's not a nerd, so drawing her in a superhero comic might have been a risky bet.  Especially since it shows two female characters (IIRC), and basically seems to be playing into the repressed lesbian fantasies all us men have.  (Mmm... two super strong women tearing their capes off of each other...  Yum.)  Half of gift giving is picking something they want, not you want.  If the girl you want isn't into superheroes, draw her with the cast of the OC or Grey's Anatomy or something.

Sorry if I'm coming across as brutal, but don't ask questions if you don't want the condescending, uninformed masses of the internet if you don't want an answer.   :wink:  Don't get me wrong - I applaud your efforts and wish you all the best.
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2007, 13:47 by Peter Harris »

dusktodarkness

« Reply #29 on: 01 Feb 2007, 23:44 »

Chicks dig Oh, Super Milk-Chan!

Not even Joking. Got me a girlfriend and a half.

halley

« Reply #30 on: 02 Feb 2007, 16:48 »

That's the whole reason I got into webcomic dude... CHICKS.

You just say "Oh yeah, I have a webcomic, it's on the internet an' stuff, no big deal." and they are like butter in your hands.
Works likes a charm ;)

AnubicDarque

« Reply #31 on: 06 Feb 2007, 23:36 »

Im gonna have to try that

though if I do end up with a girl friend again  she will end up being IN the comic

Peter Harris

« Reply #32 on: 09 Feb 2007, 15:37 »

though if I do end up with a girl friend again  she will end up being IN the comic

Careful...  What happens if your audience grows attached to your girlfriend's alter-ego, and then the two of you break up.  You'll be forced to redraw her over and over again, or you'll be forced to get rid of a beloved character...
Pages: [1]   Go Up