THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade  (Read 23551 times)

pinkroses

Re: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
« Reply #50 on: 04 Jan 2007, 04:30 »

My brother and I got this game this holiday and we both really enjoy it. Unfortunately because we prefer playing against each other it's meant we had to buy two copies, but I think it was worth it. Another annoying thing is that he is so much better at all of the Dawn of War games than I am, but I finally found out I can beat him if I use Necron and he uses Orks! I think I'm going to have to practise a bit more now that he's gone away again so that when I see him again I can beat him a little better.

punk

« Reply #51 on: 19 Mar 2007, 17:37 »

Well, Im a space marine guy. But most Space marine players Ive fought against are always so aggresive. Im a defensive guy, but once I have enought recourses I get Termies and lots of snipers! Nothing gets past me!!  MUH-HA-HA TRAITORS RULE :evil:!! You didnt hear anything... :angel:

Narr

« Reply #52 on: 21 Mar 2007, 18:30 »

Space Marines are a highly defensive race up until Orbital Strikes (and then you can just bombard their base with wave after wave after wave of space marine squads and terminators and walkers).  It's surprising to me how aggressive most people are with the space marines.

nihilist

« Reply #53 on: 21 Mar 2007, 19:38 »

Turtling is not a valid tactic in Supreme Commander.  Not valid at all.

punk

« Reply #54 on: 27 Mar 2007, 13:08 »

But seriously, I feel better standing and shooting while millions of orks charge at me than charging at anything. Even in the table top game I play defensive alot. Thats why I get the big guns first. :-D

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #55 on: 02 Apr 2007, 07:45 »

I love DoW, and I play as all the armies, but my particular favorite are the IG. I didn't like that they put the cap on the Kasrkins and Ogryns in DC. Something about those hellguns just ripping EVERYTHING to shreds is awesome.

As far as the Necrons, yeah. They're nice and spammy. I usually try to get a second monolith started ASAP (only 350 power), then just set it to crank out group after group of warriors, get your tomb spyders to hoover the dead ones, and send 'em right back out again. The fact that they don't NEED the strategic points is even better. I usually keep a group or two of scarabs constantly building generators, since that's the only resource you need. I just wish there was more variety.

B!shop

« Reply #56 on: 03 Apr 2007, 09:14 »

AHh, Dark Crusade. Love it, although I didn't get much time to play it (Moved shortly after I got it)> Was playing as Tau, but might switch back to Chaos when I play it again.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up