THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musical preferences  (Read 14393 times)

cTony

Re: Musical preferences
« Reply #50 on: 31 Oct 2006, 21:16 »

I listen to hard rock, esp blues style, but mostly Metal - Thrash, Heavy, Black (both wave's although first has more of a place in my heart lol), Melodeth, some punky-metal bands but not modern enough to be brought into the 'metalcore' collection  :lol:, some power metal bands, viking/folk influenced and gothic metal, and avant garde stuff.. Usually where each song can project some very particular feeling or environment.
I love black metal for its atmosphere and the way it gives me feelings of reflection and makes me contemplate, well.. everything, over the scale of time, and i love death metal for the short lived and sharp feelings and strengths given out, or at least thats how i see it.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #51 on: 31 Oct 2006, 21:41 »

I listen to a lot of prog, indie, alternative shit from the 90s, and some punk.
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2006, 00:04 by Flaming Ostrich »
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #52 on: 01 Nov 2006, 08:04 »

ok a proper responce to this...i listen to

black, prog, 80's thrash, doom, death and melodeath metal, some local grind bands, hard rock, soft rock, alternative, mainstream indie (how is that possible), some metalcore, a little bit of screamo *ducks on the last one*
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

Varst Kolcimb

« Reply #53 on: 01 Nov 2006, 08:15 »

Hrmm... indie? Sometimes.  Former/faux indie? All the time.  I tend to lean a little more towards the punk and electronica scene than anything though.  Jazz is good too though. :-)

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #54 on: 16 Nov 2006, 21:26 »

everything in general, really.  I have a preference for metal, though, the more complicated (read: not just technical death), the better.  And I am a sucker for crazy combinations of things, like cybergrind. 
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #55 on: 17 Nov 2006, 00:02 »

Um, a bit of Indie Pop/Rock, Prog and Power Metal, with smatterings of classic rock, hiphop and electronica, and I have a soft spot for the better brand of local Death Metal bands, but I would never buy one of their albums.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up