THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Band t-shirt artwork.metal ps content  (Read 8428 times)

JSS

Band t-shirt artwork.metal ps content
« on: 18 Oct 2006, 08:09 »

yeah so my friends are in a metal band and they said "make us something retarded"
fortunately my vicodin was still blowing through my brain...30 minutes in PS and blam...this thing happened.

please keep in mind this is drectly after an 8 hour overnight shift without sleeping,and ill probably also hate it when i wake up.

Alegis

Re: Band t-shirt artwork.metal ps content
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2006, 10:37 »

its special. Use it!

JSS

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2006, 12:14 »

well its for someone else,i hope they like it.

and thanks.

thepugs

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2006, 12:17 »

Very metal, very unique, and very kickass.

JSS

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2006, 12:21 »

Very metal, very unique, and very kickass.

i prefer your take on it as opposed to my brother who said "wow,that doesnt make any sense at all."

seriously though,thank you.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #5 on: 18 Oct 2006, 19:00 »

Looks pretty cool but it's kinda got that "modern hardcore" style that every single band seems to be doing at the moment, at least in NZ.
For reference;
My friend's band, The Wrongmen
http://www.actionmanrecords.com/shirtbookmarkcd.jpg

Guest Stabs Host
http://www.actionmanrecords.com/GSH/brownshirtprint.jpg

and so on.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

JSS

« Reply #6 on: 18 Oct 2006, 20:52 »

youre definitley right,im torn between going bananas and trying to make a tshirt design that the kids will actually buy.Most of my original shit is all post punk knock offs of contrasted photos in color halftone haha

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2006, 04:52 »

reminds me of the cover for "let us prey" by electric wizard

if you want more specific design details you'll really have to post what genre of metal they are

for example (at least for album covers) black metal bands are bound to have lots of pictures of demonic beings and inverted pentagrams on them, death  metal bands invaribly have a picture of the grim reaper or someone dying on them, power metal will have a really cheesy looking dude on a horse holding his sword above his head looking completly gay (no offence at all to homosexual's but are you saying you wouldn't hit on him if you were), pregressive metal will have something which looks like it came straight from an esher picture, thrash will have various things on them generally dependant on the lyrical content and doom metal are likly to have any thing unless it's from the stoner doom genre in which case it will have some kindof drug reference

so that's my run down of what metal symbols look like but it probably dosn't help you except that i will tell you it is a really cool pic
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

JSS

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2006, 20:54 »

reminds me of the cover for "let us prey" by electric wizard

if you want more specific design details you'll really have to post what genre of metal they are

for example (at least for album covers) black metal bands are bound to have lots of pictures of demonic beings and inverted pentagrams on them, death  metal bands invaribly have a picture of the grim reaper or someone dying on them, power metal will have a really cheesy looking dude on a horse holding his sword above his head looking completly gay (no offence at all to homosexual's but are you saying you wouldn't hit on him if you were), pregressive metal will have something which looks like it came straight from an esher picture, thrash will have various things on them generally dependant on the lyrical content and doom metal are likly to have any thing unless it's from the stoner doom genre in which case it will have some kindof drug reference

so that's my run down of what metal symbols look like but it probably dosn't help you except that i will tell you it is a really cool pic

yeah i dunno i dont really try to stick to any specific set of guidelines for a musical genre,i just kinda listen to the band a couple of times and then try to put myself int he mindset of the band.
i mean i could sit there and splatter a bunch of goatheads and pentagrams all over but in that instant id probably just charge them a photoshop lesson and tell them to do it themselves haha.
thanks for the kind words.

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2006, 05:11 »

i still woulnd't mind listening to them

can you give me a linky-dink

Scytale

« Reply #10 on: 05 Nov 2006, 14:18 »

looks pretty cool makes me feel super lazy

The cover for the last demo I recored I designed with paint and a text editor...

Maybe I need to find someone with artistic talent to mooch off.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/scytale1/Aeoncover.jpg

donovangelonardo

« Reply #11 on: 05 Nov 2006, 23:31 »

album cover for our mostly make-believe band, 665.9

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #12 on: 07 Nov 2006, 10:45 »

looks amusing...love the cats

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #13 on: 10 Nov 2006, 17:09 »

My band is trying to figure out a design for a T-shirt at the moment, I kinda want to go simple with the band name on the front and the logo on the back. I also wouldn't mind the logo on the left sleeve as well, near the shoulder or something.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat
Pages: [1]   Go Up