THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 22:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: iconic moments in gaming  (Read 33830 times)

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Re: iconic moments in gaming
« Reply #50 on: 01 Nov 2006, 13:21 »

Half-Life 2, Episode 1 has so many iconic moments that it's difficult to count them all.

HERE BE SPOILERS

1: Alyx hugs gordon after he's pulled from the rubble by d0g. you can almost see the tears of relief in her eyes. (that's AWESOME game-making, btw)

2: the citadel core

3: The first "Zombine" battle.Think I already mentioned this above. I ripped the music from the game folder, and I still can't hear that track without seeinga zombine lunging towards me.

4: the underground elevator battle-  claustrophobic, cramped, dangerous, frantic. Zombies aren't actually that dangerous to Gordon (they do piss-all damage when his suit's charged) but Zombine are nasty. the trick is to G-gun their grenades out of their hands and then return them with explosive interest.

5: there's a street with three antlion burrows on it at one point, and three cars to seal them with. The first time I played that, I just got my rhythm up and rolled a car down the street, crushing antlions and combine alike before my unstoppable wall of death, before releasing it at precisely the right moment, and it landed upside-down in a burrow, blocking it nicely.

6: the gunship battle, and the final moment where it falls directly towards where the player will naturally be standing.

7: the hospital corridor battle. zombies versus combine, big fight, and then Gordon and Alyx just rampage through the middle, shotguns roaring. Some of alyx's anti-zombie shotgun moves are awesome.

8: The strider battle.

9: the final journey out of city 17, and the citadel explosion. I won't spoil things for anyon
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #51 on: 01 Nov 2006, 15:51 »

Oh, an epic part of FEAR: you've fallen down to the basement of the ATC building and there's nothing else down there. Then the whole room shakes, with dust falling from the celing and crap like gas pipes breaking an spewing flames everywhere. It's awesome.

nihilist

« Reply #52 on: 01 Nov 2006, 20:17 »

Most of the "epic" moments would come from Valve-produced games.  They got their storytelling down pat.

FEAR also had a few good ones, I have to admit.

If only I had that thing called "memory" I'd be better able to post in this thread.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #53 on: 02 Nov 2006, 05:07 »

Maybe if you were less of a drunk.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

superwill

« Reply #54 on: 02 Nov 2006, 05:34 »

I have two or three moments myself.

1.) Chrono Trigger-Beating Lavos's shell. Excitement. Disappointment that it's not done. Beating Lavos's inner body. Excitement, then sheer disappointment again when the Core pops up. Defeating the core after a 30 minutes of not figuring out how to do it properly (I was 7, cut me some slack) and then waiting. White light followed by the ending sequences. Beating my first video game: Priceless.

2.) Final Fantasy 8-The Dollet invasion. During the first half hour of the game I was kind of impressed, but not necessarily hooked. After the invasion (and Quistis's use of the machine gun=sexy), I officially came out of my video game retirement, bought a Playstation and FF8, and played mercilessly.

2a.) Beating Omega Weapon in 20 minutes. Ok, not a feat that hasn't been done, but telling my friend (who took a good hour and a half to do so) and hearing his reaction was pretty funny.

3.)Secret of Mana (Yes, I am old school)-The last two boss battles against Thanatos and the Mana Beast. The music was thrilling. The combat was exciting (especially with me and my bro tag-teaming the bosses, me as the warrior and he as the spellcasters). And the ending was bittersweet.

Ok there are four

4.) Halo 2-Hearing Master Chief say "Sir. Finishing this fight." after struggling to beat the game on Legendary. Yes, the ending was a disappointment, but it was perfect for a second installment. It's like Empire Strikes Back: The action builds up, things look bleak, and just when things begin to get better, OH NO! You have to wait for the next installment! Plus, it kinda makes Bungee have to make a third one lest it have rabid Halo-ers banging at the gates demanding it.

So those are my happy moments from games. Hope you like them!

The Hammered

« Reply #55 on: 02 Nov 2006, 07:47 »

Shadow of the Colossus -- various moments, but crossing the gigantic bridge (even though that was a cutscene if I recall correctly), finding the first colossus, and the magnificent last battle were all amazing. I didn't like the game as a whole, however which was a shame given some of the amazing things that are in it. It just managed to make fighting the colossi routine for me, which was really disappointing.

Katamari Damacy 1 and 2 -- The final levels. Holy shit.

Ico -- The whole thing. What an amazing game.

Thief: The Dark Project/Gold -- Sneaking around in Bafford's manor for the first time (and watching that stunning briefing). What a rush. Hearing the giggles in the upper levels of "The Sword" -- I was petrified.

Thief 2 fan mission, "The Enterprise" -- Just wandering around outside.

Silent Hill 1 and 2 -- minor spoilers here, so I'll make it a small font -- Entering the "nightmare world" -- the first one has the chain-link fence floors going for it, which is pretty creepy, but the second one is very frightening too. Also, generally the moments when it gets really surreal.

Narr

« Reply #56 on: 02 Nov 2006, 08:49 »

I second Katamari Damacy, just in general.

There's nothing quite like when you first get your Katamari big enough to roll up houses to make you giddy.

Also, any time the king speaks, it causes joy in my bosom.

ackblom12

« Reply #57 on: 03 Nov 2006, 00:06 »

Katamari Damacy. Oh god yes.

First time i rolled up a human and i heard them squeal and kick their legs, I nearly shit myself laughing.

AltruisticDesires

« Reply #58 on: 03 Nov 2006, 11:24 »

Katamari... I learned all of the words to both sound tracks... the greatest games ever created... other than Katamari, I absolutely love Legendary Theme on Gitaroo Man, and whenever Kirah puts her head on U-1's shoulder when the song is ending, you can almost feel your first crush puttin her head on your shoulder... Gives me the chills.

Qui Gon Zel

« Reply #59 on: 03 Nov 2006, 17:56 »

Good topic. Note: I've got Final Fantasy VII spoilers in this first section, but unless you've been living under a rock (even if you haven't played the game) you probably already know the spoiler.

Final Fantasy VII has one of the biggest twists in all of video game history at the end of it's first disk. A main character dies.

What the fuck ever.

Have you ever played Final Fantasy IV? Damn near every playable character dies in that sumbitch.

Sarcasmorator

« Reply #60 on: 03 Nov 2006, 20:26 »

Yeah, but they all come BACK.

Spinless

« Reply #61 on: 04 Nov 2006, 00:34 »

After advent children, didn't Aeris? Guess it depends on how you interpret the scene.
Also...
The whole of the first Metal Gear Solid. Especially Gray Fox sacrificing himself to blow up the Radome.
The Tanker section/ending stages of Metal Gear Solid 2.
This is hardly iconic, but APE ESCAPE was an AMAZING game that's better than almost everysingle other game EVER.
I'm not gonna comment on any Final Fantasy games.
But I HAVE to second facing the SA-X on Metroid Fusion. First time, I hid under the floor. I wonderred what'd happen if I didn't. So I didn't save, I went back, didn't hide, got my ass handed to me, ran away, only survived with a few health points by running BACK to the room you first see it and hiding under the floor intime. 
WHO KNEW IT COULD FOLLOW YOU THROUGH THE ROOMS?
My heart was beating SO fast.
The whole of the Ocrina of Time.
Super Smash Brothers. Perfect Soundtrack.
OOOH! Skies of Arcadia. Just adventuring from place to place felt GOOD in that game.
GoldenEye.
Perfect Dark.

Not all of those are iconic, but they're all good.

Edit: I, AM TUROK!!!!
First Turok? Iconic. Second? Best Turok game ever made. Second had a GREAT soundtrack. Again.
Edit: BANJO TOOIE!!!!

Edit: WORMS! I STILL USE THE SAME TEAM NAMES I DID WHEN I WAS SEVEN.
We and my friends used this one team, the members based on ourselves.
The Smarties
Capt: Dipstick
Worm2:Spaz
Worm3:Wimp
Worm4:Div

For some reason, Spaz and Wimp often switched places. Because I still don't know which was supposed to go where in the end, I switch them eachtime I play.

There was also the Smarties 2, who were the 'B-Team' for huge tournament matches against the computer and things. I can't remember the ranking for this team though, so I'll have to guess.
Music
Jerk
Dumb
Dumber

In retrospect, I think Music should have been named after me.
You know what? After I'm done downloading all these Roms, I'm gonna re-install Worms 2, rebuild the teams and start campaign mode.
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2006, 00:56 by Spinless »

Sarcasmorator

« Reply #62 on: 04 Nov 2006, 10:48 »

After advent children, didn't Aeris? Guess it depends on how you interpret the scene.

Nah, I think that was all Cloud-seeing-her-in-the-Lifestream mumbo jumbo, like when she shows up in the game's ending. She still dead.

Spinless

« Reply #63 on: 04 Nov 2006, 18:11 »

I meant the scene in the credits where Cloud is riding to meet her in the fields.

notselfcreated

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #64 on: 04 Nov 2006, 21:44 »

• FF1: Class change, airship. These were huge moments when it was the only FF.
  • Maniac Mansion: Microwaving the hamster.
  • Castlevania II: This game loomed large in my childhood for some reason... assembling Dracula's parts was like a little kiddie revolution inside my skull.

Sarcasmorator

« Reply #65 on: 04 Nov 2006, 23:48 »

I meant the scene in the credits where Cloud is riding to meet her in the fields.

Hm, don't remember. Going to have to watch it again.

superwill

« Reply #66 on: 05 Nov 2006, 01:25 »

Oh wait, I jus thought of another one:

Halo 1-the Elite grabbing Johnson's butt during the special ending. I laughed for about 20 minutes.

Guardian 452

« Reply #67 on: 06 Nov 2006, 03:26 »

The ending to Prince of Persia:  The Two Thrones.  It was just so awesome and just the perfect way to end the trilogy.

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #68 on: 08 Nov 2006, 18:07 »

FFVIII - I hate this game, but the scene where Squall & Rinoa dance floored me.? That was the most beautiful FMV I had seen at the time, and it still looks pretty decent today.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey - The first time I took over a slig's body and ran through the level mercilessly gunning down the other sligs was pretty amazing
« Last Edit: 08 Nov 2006, 18:10 by thegreatbuddha »
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #69 on: 08 Nov 2006, 18:31 »

A couple of people have mentioned Shadow of the Colossus.  The iconic moment in that game for me was the eel colossus: it's such a beautiful, graceful creature, and when you get to it it's not doing anything to bother you - hell, if you didn't go after it it'd just leave you alone and get on with its own business - and it was at precisely that point, when I leapt into the water with the full knowledge that I'd have to brutally slaughter this stunning creature, that I started to think "Hmm . . . who's the real bad guy in this game?"

Same thing, later on in the game, with that weird flying thing in the desert.  Those are my two favourites from that game.  It breaks my heart to have to kill them . . . and yet it's such a huge amount of fun, too.

Actually, one more: if we're talking "iconic", then in the final fight, the first time you do it, you're bound to fall off and have to climb all the way back up a bunch of times.  The sound design and animation of the game is so perfect that by the time you've finished killing that final colossus, you're actually physically exhausted just out of sheer sympathy for your character, from all the grunting and struggling and hanging on for dear life he's done in the proces sof reaching the top of the colossus.

Catfish_Man

• Assorted Stuff
« Reply #70 on: 09 Nov 2006, 00:17 »

Spoilers below.

Cave Story: quite a few moments, but particularly the second time you go through the dragon egg area. It's like "WTF HAPPENED HERE. WHY IS EVERYTHING SMASHED!?" and then zombie baby dragons attack you. Also when Curly gives you her air supply so you can live.

Joey JoJo

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.myspace.com/punchthedj
« Reply #71 on: 09 Nov 2006, 01:38 »

Getting all 7 Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2, getting 50 rings and jumping.
When I asked my doctor why it hurt when I urinate, he pointed out that my penis was on fire.  I guess that's why he's the doctor.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #72 on: 09 Nov 2006, 10:23 »

I actually never played Shadow of the Colossus, but the Greatest Hits version is only like 20 dollars. Maybe I should pick it up.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #73 on: 09 Nov 2006, 14:22 »

Yes you should.  There's really not much to it apart from running around a huge, beautifully-rendered world and fighting collosi, but it's simply amazing
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.

Grawsith

« Reply #74 on: 10 Nov 2006, 02:37 »

That's the love-it-or-hate-it part of the game. I personally love exploring gameworlds (and it's so much easier when people aren't trying to kill you), but unless you like sightseeing and long horse rides, Shadow will probably turn you off.

alonelyargonaut

« Reply #75 on: 10 Nov 2006, 20:03 »

the entirety of Suikoden 2 (especially if you played and loved the first one)

The ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 (damn near wept)

Ace Combat 5!!! (this whole game was glorious, you really become attached to the characters, and the story almost outclasses the spectacular flight sim)

Monkey Island 1....Root beer, that's all i have to say.

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #76 on: 10 Nov 2006, 20:32 »

pretty much every moment of the thief games, those were some of the most brilliantly made games in my point of view.

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #77 on: 10 Nov 2006, 20:40 »

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night:  Not only is it an amazing game from start to finish, but when you get to the end of the first castle, beat down the villian, and discover there's another castle to plod through before you're finished... priceless.

ackblom12

« Reply #78 on: 11 Nov 2006, 01:45 »

Oh shit, I don't know how i forgot this... Mario Kart (any of them)

Hauling ass to the finish line, In 2nd place by a ways, and the last item you get is a green shell and you manage to shoot their ass less than a pixel from the finish line and get the win. Shit like that is just amazing.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #79 on: 11 Nov 2006, 03:34 »

Going further than what someone said before about then end of MGS2, both when you fight off a HUGE ASS NUMBER OF METAL GEAR RAYs with a rocket launcher and when you and snake are surrounded in that circular room and the guys keep coming... I like to use the samurai sword there :DDD
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Warshrike

« Reply #80 on: 11 Nov 2006, 10:59 »

The final cutscene in Starcraft when Tassadar steers the Gantrithor into the Overmind. The first time I saw that, I actually cried.

On a TBS, Holding out against a force of almost a thousand men using nothing but my Pretender God while I conquered the rest of a continent. It took them over 50 turns to kill me. I love Dominions.

Mageslayer to Anti-Flags For Blood and Empire cd. They just go so well...

Alien Versus Predator(Orig) To Teenage Dirtbag. Stfu.

Beating 400 Zerglings without losing a single Seige Tank while I built a fleet of Battlecruisers and Valkyres.

My first game of AoE. I never made it passed the Stone Age and, though at the time I thought I hated strategy, looking back on it now I realise that it is what makes me love them. I remember the moment my Clubmen ran into a force of Archers and Axemen. Let's just say it wasn't pretty.

ARC. And everything it entails.
Especially being called a hacker or toggler when you win.
Especially when you always flag.
Especially when it's 1v4v4v4.

Liam

• Plantmonster
« Reply #81 on: 12 Nov 2006, 09:41 »

Earthbound Spoilers Ahead:

The very end of the game, during Giygas's second form. Ness is dead, Jeff has been brutally robo-raped, Poo is dust, and Paula prays, and everyone in the game prays with her. On the very last prayer command, the game says, "Liam prays," and I really did. And I was raised Atheist.

That fight is just so powerful, because everything else in the game kept at least an element of goofiness to it. Even in the toughest, darkest parts there was an element of play to it, but once you actually faced Giygas, it was gone. The truth was, without help from God and everyone, Giygas was going to kill you.

I'm getting all choked up. Go play Earthbound.

Scytale

« Reply #82 on: 12 Nov 2006, 16:39 »

The opening video for Command and Conquer: Red Alert where Einstein uses the chronosphere to kill Hittler, I always thought that was so cool.

Zork Nemesis: I've never played a puzzle game with that amount of atmosphere ever, completely amazing and the story that weaves it way through was really awesome. Backed up by the incredibly well written manual that game with it (which was more of a story book then a manual).

The Crusader series, no remorse and no regret, such an awesome storyline and series, so much fun to play.

I had this old school game called XF5700 Mantis, was the most realistic space flight sim I've ever played. Flying that thing around was so freaking cool, I was an 8 year old kid when I first played it and to this day I still remember all the physics stuff I learnt like radial velocity, rate of closing, thrust and propulsion.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #83 on: 16 Nov 2006, 02:42 »

Honestly, when you get scared shitless by a game, it's good, but not nearly as good as the moments that don't scare you shitless, but still make you look over your shoulder the next day.  One of my favorite of these moments are in Medal of Honor: European Assault on the last level when you enter far enough into Von Schrader's bunker and suddenly there's a VO of him and he goes "William Holt. Yes, I know who you are." I heard that and was like "WHOA!"  I also liked at the end when SPOLIERZ LOL you leave Von Schrader's bunker and a guy runs up and goes "Sir! Didn't know you'd make it out alive! Orders in from OSS, new assignment just went out."  And Holt's just like "And I'll be with them." and walks away.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #84 on: 25 Nov 2006, 08:39 »

In Resident Evil 4, the first time I got my head chainsawed off. I was not prepared. I just kind of turned off the game at that point and edged away.
Oh god. I remember I was playing the game at my friend's house for the first time and I was in the village, and they were like "just keep looking around", and I was like why? Oh, there's a guy I can kill. Then he chainsawed my head off and I just sat there in stunned silence while my friend was laughing.

Also, when you inevitably kill the merchant because you can't stand his smarmy ass and find out that you can't buy anything for the remainder of the game.

In Halo 2, when Cortana goes "bet you can't stick it."

Also:

Code: [Select]
You were eaten by a grue.
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2006, 08:47 by dennis »

rasufelle

« Reply #85 on: 25 Nov 2006, 09:16 »

In the original Resident Evil:

It was my first time to ever play a Survival Horror game, and really my first time to play a game that could be considered to be relatively hard.  The moment I walked into the hallway off the statue room, and all of a sudden those zombie dogs jumped through the window- I screamed my head off, I swear.  I just got the GC version of this game, and I can barely get passed the first zombie with how much harder and darker they made it.

Also, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem- when you're walking forwards go get the Tome off the altar, and the faces in the floor start rising up and screaming at you.  This still freaks me out every single time it happens.

Catfish_Man

• Assorted Stuff
« Reply #86 on: 25 Nov 2006, 10:34 »

Code: [Select]
You were eaten by a grue.

Thread over. dennis wins.

Archangel_Lucifer

« Reply #87 on: 27 Nov 2006, 05:25 »

Ah I mustn't forget in halo2 when guilty spark says

"This installation has a record of 2 trillion simulated firings and one actual"

I choked on whatever I was eating and sat there going huh... So thats what happened to the forerunners.
Such a sneaky way to clear up the biggest question about the halo2 backstory.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #88 on: 27 Nov 2006, 06:55 »

The one that instantly comes to mind, and always will, when I think of iconic moments in gaming is the opera scene in FF6. I had never seen anything like that in a game before, and very few games have done anything close to it.

Narr

« Reply #89 on: 27 Nov 2006, 12:45 »

I have a new one to add that isn't a scripted scene but just something awesome that happened in multiplayer.

Battlefield 2142:  Running around with active camo and knifing people.  It's like you're a fucking predator and you're collecting skulls.  I was sneaking around and saw a guy climb a ladder to get on the roof of a building where I knew there were 3 other guys sniping my team to death.  I follow him up and yank out my knife once they are all looking the other way.  Chop, first guy goes down.  Second guy looks at me for a second and then I stab him in the eyeball.  Kill the next guy, and then the fourth must have just started thinking "Wow, it's awfully funny how three of my teammates are yelling for a medic and it says "Sandboato [BJ-2 Combat Knife] Teammatenamehere" for all of them" and actually gets out of prone.  He popped a few shots off and they hit, but I still shanked him.

I imagine ripping my shirt off while my glistening Russian muscles flexed while I plunged my knife into their collective hearts.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #90 on: 28 Nov 2006, 00:48 »

Ah I mustn't forget in halo2 when guilty spark says

"This installation has a record of 2 trillion simulated firings and one actual"

I choked on whatever I was eating and sat there going huh... So thats what happened to the forerunners.
Such a sneaky way to clear up the biggest question about the halo2 backstory.
I figured that out in Halo 1, when it was revealed that the halo was a weapon.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #91 on: 28 Nov 2006, 03:13 »

I dunno if it's iconic, so much as it's just OMGWTF.  Me and a friend of mine have become extremely proficient with grenades in Halo.  In Halo 1 we'd play 2-player deathmatch with unlimited grenades at Blood Gulch and only use grenades for kills.  In Halo 2, when Cortana says to the Master Chief, "Bet you can't stick it," my friend turns to me and, exactly in sync with Cortana, says "Bet you can't stick it," and I turn, look him in the eye and, exactly in synch with the Master Chief, say "You're on."  Then, just to cap it all off, I hit the left trigger without looking at the screen, and stick a plasma grenade right to an Elite's face, just about going where it would go into his mouth.  I didn't stop grinning for pretty much the rest of the day.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #92 on: 28 Nov 2006, 08:44 »

Oh man, another Halo moment just came to me.  I don't even need to set the stage for this one.

"Master Chief, defend this station!"
"Yes, sir!" *turns to Johnson* "I need a weapon."
"Right this way."

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #93 on: 28 Nov 2006, 21:18 »

This is more of a general feel that a game established, but...the only Silent Hill I've played is the second one. When you finally get into the town, and you're wandering through the main streets, and all you can see is fog everywhere, through which random creatures will come out of to kill you while your newly acquired pocket radio screeches static...just that atmosphere was scarier than any of the Resident Evil games.

However, bonus points go to Resident Evil 4 for when you have to fight those pincushion enemy guys. The invisible ones even moreso. THAT is how you create tension!!

Spinless

« Reply #94 on: 28 Nov 2006, 22:12 »

The one that instantly comes to mind, and always will, when I think of iconic moments in gaming is the opera scene in FF6. I had never seen anything like that in a game before, and very few games have done anything close to it.

FUCK THAT SCENE. I'm stuck SO hard. 5 minutes is NOT enough time to even REACH Ultros, let alone defeat him!
TOIAtuehds[rods;hafafdsh

(Still haven't got past that part)

Narr

« Reply #95 on: 28 Nov 2006, 22:54 »

That part is pretty easy.  Edgar.  Autocrossbow.  Sabin.  Aura Bolt.  Oh look, dead monsters.

Don't be afraid to burn your MP with Terra, as well.  She has a pretty large mana pool if you stick with base level spells.

Archangel_Lucifer

« Reply #96 on: 29 Nov 2006, 08:50 »

I figured that out in Halo 1, when it was revealed that the halo was a weapon.

I always thought they had transcended and/or run off somewhere.
Now its pretty obvious they are humans.

Thnikkaman

• Emoticontraindication
  • Owner of the Terrible Pun Racket
« Reply #97 on: 29 Nov 2006, 11:24 »

While we're on that subject, here's something interesting that was pointed out to me:

Quote from: 343 Guilty Spark
Technically, this installation's pulse has a maximum effective radius of twenty-five thousand light years, but once the others follow suit, this galaxy will be quite devoid of life, or any least any life with sufficient biomass to sustain the Flood... but you already knew that. I mean, how couldn't you?
Quote from: Eris (gabbly)
maybe I shouldn't have hit it

Spinless

« Reply #98 on: 29 Nov 2006, 18:15 »

That part is pretty easy.  Edgar.  Autocrossbow.  Sabin.  Aura Bolt.  Oh look, dead monsters.

Don't be afraid to burn your MP with Terra, as well.  She has a pretty large mana pool if you stick with base level spells.

Wrong party. I've saved right before that scene starts with Locke, Gau and Cyan.
By the time I reach the enemies, I have about 3 minutes left I think. Each battles takes about 90 seconds. You have 5 minutes to reach Ultros.
I might start again.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #99 on: 30 Nov 2006, 02:35 »

I think the opera scene took me at most three tries on my first time through the game. I think I reset it because I screwed up the lines in the opera and thought I was going to 'lose' somehow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up