THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Jul 2024, 07:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Shit  (Read 3026 times)

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Weird Shit
« on: 19 Oct 2006, 03:27 »

So I rebooted my computer this morning and when I got back into windows my entire screen was turned on it's side. I'ts like someone just rotated the monitor 90 degrees clockwise. I have never heard of this happening befoer and have NO idea how to fix it. I know it's not a problem with my monitor because when I restart the computer all the loading screens are correct it's just when windows opens that I have this issue. Can anyone offer ANY advice for me? Thanks.

Oh I'm also a complete dumbass when it comes to computers and typing sideways is really annoying so I apologize if I come of as a complete tool.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: Weird Shit
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2006, 04:22 »

Turn your monitor on its side.

There should be something in display options, I have ATI catalyst so I can right click that to rotate my screen.

Splunkle

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2006, 04:53 »

Yeah, many video card drivers give you options to rotate the display.  Have a poke around in there - its usually gotten to by right clicking on the desktop, going "Properties"->"Settings"->"Advanced".  It should be in there somewhere.

thepugs

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2006, 08:46 »

Yeah, it's almost certainly a graphics card issue, just go look at the settings.

At my old school we could hit ctrl-alt-up and turn the screen upside down.  I used to do it randomly to computers and watch all the students and teachers go "omgz wtf!?"
I was the intern too, so basically, I was really just making work for myself.  But it was hell of fun.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2006, 09:43 »

Try ctrl-alt-leftarrow or ctrl-alt-rightarrow as well.  My monitor at work can rotate and flip (and do jumping jacks) and I discovered it by accident one time. It was weird.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Rubby

• The German Chancellory building
    • http://members.shaw.ca/baby.snakes
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2006, 20:26 »

That must be the most bizzare, useless feature in the whole world.

salada

• Curry sauce
« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2006, 17:10 »

if your monitor can actually pivot 90 degrees, it'd be kinda useful for working on regular-sized documents and layout business. but otherwise...?
Pages: [1]   Go Up