THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 75215 times)

thepugs

Heroes
« on: 20 Oct 2006, 10:45 »

So I'm seeing a whole rack of people also in love with Heroes.
So what characters do you like, and what do you think will happen in the future?

I definitely am baffled about the current goings-on at the end of the last episode (the 4th).  Rather interesting.
I like Mohinder a lot (he and the friend of his dad's need to just get with the makeouts already), I like Hiro and his buddy a lot, and I like Peter.  I liked Niki before the last episode, but now I'm not sure.  Everybody else is meh.

People have a lot of theories, but I've chosen to hold off - it is only four episodes into the first season.

In conclusion, cheerleaders on fire + brain stealing + time travel + flying + clairvoyance + crazy folk + omgz mystery = best show ever.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Re: Heroes
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2006, 10:51 »

I don't like how one dimensional the evil government guy is. he's a very boring villain. the actor who plays mohinder isn't very good. at the moment, I like hiro and the cop the most. t'others are a little too 90210 for my tastes.
also israel

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2006, 13:23 »

hiro is adorable and i want to give him a hug.

so far i like the show, but yes, the villian is a little boring.

and i liked it how the cheerleader woke up on the autopsy table. that was pretty cool.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 20 Oct 2006, 21:18 »

I told myself I was not going to miss this show, but so far I have, and that dissappoints me

starting this monday I will watch it no matter what

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2006, 13:06 »

I'm watching it and downloading it.
also israel

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2006, 18:11 »

I've also been downloading it, because I'm an impatient person who can't wait until some Norwegian channel figures out that "Oh, maybe we should send this show.".

So far, I love Hiro, the cop and (well, can't help it) Peter.. Hiro is so hilarious and awesome, and Peter is just, well, Milo :p The cheerleader is freaky, and I still haven't really figured out the woman with the ?ber smart kid.. And I suppose I agree with what you've said about the villain, but I'm kinda curious to see how this whole thing evolves when the plot thickens.

Maui

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2006, 23:04 »

they're showing a marathon of all the episodes on nbc on sunday guys, not sure when it starts though, you'll have to google that yourselves.

I only watched this show because milo ventimiglia (from gilmore girls) was on it, he plays peter, but now i'm totally hooked, it's got all the crazy plotlines of Lost, but actually answers the questions, love it.

Fiddler

« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2006, 10:30 »

Yeah this show is definitely one of my favorite things on tv right now.  Hiro cracks me up and the heroine addict as a Prophet is pretty interesting to me.  As far as Nikki goes, the only thing I can think of is "Wait... so her super power is being a schizophrenic?"    But the indestructible cheerleader is great, and the cop could be interesting if he gets more of a story.   Same with the villain for me,  theres possibile potential if theyd open him up a bit more, cuz we really know nothing about him.

The ending to the latest episode was awesome to me, really kinda started to up the ante with the story, plus Hiro speaking english and beaing kinda badass was hilarious.

redbeardjim

• Plantmonster
« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct 2006, 08:13 »

As far as Nikki goes, the only thing I can think of is "Wait... so her super power is being a schizophrenic?"

Looks like some sort of super-strength is involved as well -- I mean, the big goon in her garage was basically torn in half, and she had a professional thug on the floor begging not to be lobotomized by her shoe in about five seconds in the elevator last week.

And last night? The flying? So much awesome. I love this show.

thepugs

« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2006, 08:46 »

Hell of yes.
I actually really adore the cop now.  I'm really unsure what to think about Claire's dad now, and have no idea where the hell Nikki's story is going.  How the hell does it connect to everyone else, except to have Nathan blackmailed?

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2006, 21:51 »

Nikki and her story confuses the hell out of me, and so does the cheerleader's dad. The cop is, well, not very discrete..which I'm not too sure if is a good thing or not. I mean, sure, the girlfriend is probably in heaven right now, but it might be too creepy after a while..

The flying in the last episode was awesome (as well as the landing :p), and Nathan in his pajama pants = eyecandy, in a way. Hiro is fucking hilarious, I adore him. I hope there'll be more a lot more scenes with Peter, Hiro and Lucas (or whatever the painter's name is), they're all <3.

Am I the only one who thought the whole cheerleader-waking-up-from-the-dead-scene looked stupid, because her ribs were moving as if they were skin? :p Everyone I've talked to loved that scene, but I found it..stupid. It could've been made so much more realistic, even though it's totally unrealistic to begin with.

Felix_

« Reply #11 on: 26 Oct 2006, 13:01 »

I watched all of the episodes on Sunday when they re-aired them and then watched the new episode last night and I have to say, I'm mildly impressed. It's quite good. The show itself reads just like a comic book, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the great comic scribe Jeph Loeb attached to a few episodes as writer and all of them as executive producer. I even saw some Tim Sale artwork (yet another comic book guy) when the heroin dude was looking through  his sketches in the 3rd(?) episode.

Pretty cool show so far for network television.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #12 on: 26 Oct 2006, 18:47 »

peter is getting all prophet-like too, which is making this really interesting.

i also don't really get Nikki's role in this whole thing, mostly because i don't know if she'll end up on the side with the characters we like or on the other side with the creepy villain guy. i really don't know what to think about her.

and i totally agree with this show being like lost, but it actually answers questionsm which makes it a lot better. (i stopped watching lost because it was getting frustrating and kind of boring because of it.)

JJMitchell

« Reply #13 on: 27 Oct 2006, 01:33 »

I'm loving this show but I'm a comic book geek ... or was when I had money to spend.

So far it has kept me entertained which is the main goal.

thepugs

« Reply #14 on: 27 Oct 2006, 01:40 »

JJMitchell...there are comics on the intarwubs.
I don't mean webcomics.
I mean scans.

...bittorrent.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2006, 01:45 by thepugs »

JJMitchell

« Reply #15 on: 27 Oct 2006, 01:56 »

I'd heard that but I don't have the time to download them and read em LOL

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
« Reply #16 on: 27 Oct 2006, 02:48 »

when I had money to spend.

I don't have the time

^college student
also israel

Merkava

« Reply #17 on: 28 Oct 2006, 01:04 »

I'd say the most interesting of the heroes is Nathan. He's flawed, somewhat despicable, but has so much room to develop. I identify with him much more easily than the others. Plus, I was a huge fan of Judging Amy.

BTWulf

« Reply #18 on: 28 Oct 2006, 06:02 »

The Villain guy is kind of 2D, but his lackey intrigues me, probably because we don't know much yet.  The only good part about Stereotypical Evil Agent Man is going to be when Cheerleader finds out he's evil, other then that he seems to be useless, though I suppose that could cahnge, I dodn't like Nathan until episode 5.

redbeardjim

• Plantmonster
« Reply #19 on: 28 Oct 2006, 20:32 »

What I like is that they've actually left Spooky Glasses Man fairly ambiguous as far as his motives. Is he really working in opposition to the heroes? Was he involved with Papa Suresh's death, or was he just there cleaning up afterward?

Tune in next week, same Hiro-time, same Hiro-channel!

BIFF! POW! YATTA!!!

bff

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #20 on: 08 Nov 2006, 07:22 »

Pretty cool show so far for network television.
Quoted for truth.  I am frankly amazed a program that features a heroin addict, a corrupt politician, and an internet stripper made it onto network television.  AND THOSE ARE THE GOOD GUYS!!!

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #21 on: 08 Nov 2006, 16:17 »

Damnit, I've grown to dislike Nikki more and more. She makes no sense to me! Yes, I get that she goes into rampage mode, but wtf?

Oh, and I knew the kid had to have special powers.

JJMitchell

« Reply #22 on: 08 Nov 2006, 19:18 »

Niki is probably my least favorite hero, although not like I dislike her.  The others are just more interesting.

I don't think HRG is 'evil' like most people do.  My guess is that he is going to be a gray area character, out for either himself or maybe just his 'group' whoever that may be.  He seems to genuiely care about Claire.

I can't wait for each new episode.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #23 on: 09 Nov 2006, 17:00 »

I was pleasantly surprised to see the great comic scribe Jeph Loeb attached to a few episodes as writer and all of them as executive producer.

It's weird seeing his name on stuff for me, because I was friends with his son.  Anyway, Heroes is a great show so far.  Having so many interweaving plotlines seems like it would be confusing, but they manage it all well enough that it flows really easily and naturally.  Plus Hiro is awesome.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Fiddler

« Reply #24 on: 09 Nov 2006, 18:19 »

I don't think HRG is 'evil' like most people do.  My guess is that he is going to be a gray area character, out for either himself or maybe just his 'group' whoever that may be.  He seems to genuiely care about Claire.

Yeah, his actions are kind of hard to give motive to.  He does act like he cares about Claire, but at the same time he's kind of insane so.... haha.

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #25 on: 09 Nov 2006, 22:39 »

HRG has powers that are as of yet unknown, and he's probably a good guy.  He means well by any means necessary.  Sort of a modern Vlad Tepes.

Of course, that's pure speculation on my part, but I think it holds water.

Also, waiting a week between episodes sucks.  hard.  Heroes is the crack rock of the television world.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

JJMitchell

« Reply #26 on: 10 Nov 2006, 19:10 »

I've had the thought that HRG is a Hero detector or knows who they are because he is associated with the group that 'gave' them their powers. 

I was of the mind that they aren't natural mutants.  IE the original heros weren't born with thier powers but had a gene that when tweaked gives them powers.

Hiro might disprove this though since HRG didn't seem to have any clue about him or his powers.

HRG is becoming one of my favorite characters.  Probably Hiro then Peter then Claire in order of awesomeness.  Peter is likeable to me for some weird reason.  I realize his powers have been done before but his personality etc sucked me in.

thepugs

« Reply #27 on: 10 Nov 2006, 23:54 »

I still maintain that Nathan and Nikki will be fighting against good unintentionally, and Lindermann on purpose...but HRG I think will help in the end.  I want to know what the whole business with Mohinder is, though...they can't have introduced him just to yank him out.

I also can't help but like Nathan for some reason, and I love DL.  He's awesome.  I can't stand Claire though.  I mean, her power is cool and all...but she has a really fat neck, and whines a lot.  She just bothers me.

Dill

« Reply #28 on: 11 Nov 2006, 11:37 »

Cool show, but I wonder if they can pull it off. It just feels a little like Lost, where there is all this conspiracy development but the writers don't seem to actually know what the secret is supposed to be. If they can keep the momentum, make it all the episodes plot-oriented, and not get over-complicate it, it could be great.

Aztex

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #29 on: 11 Nov 2006, 12:34 »

mmm It seems pretty good atm.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #30 on: 25 Nov 2006, 10:54 »

I haven't missed an episode of Heroes since it started o.o
My favorite is definitely Hiro. :-D
Dude cracks me up, and he's all badass in the future with his sword and whatnot.
I like the cheerleader too o.o Not in a OOo she's hot way, but I think she could kick some serious butt eventually. So far we've only seen her try to mame herself, and pull someone out of a fire, but I can't wait to see her in combat. Like.. Wolverine without the claws. o.o
The kid Micah just has some kind of awesomeness about him too.

I'm on the fence about Peter. I like his complete innocence, but there's something missing about him. He seems to be kinda just drifting along, being shown exactly where to go. He's lucky to be able to have everyone else's powers. His girlfriend Simone is a hottie though o.o.
My girlfriend's favorite is Isaac, the painter. She says it's cuz she's also a painter, so she likes that about him, but I know it's just cuz she wants his body.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Merkava

« Reply #31 on: 26 Nov 2006, 06:57 »

My RPG fantatacism has caused me to hate Peter's moral compass with a burning passion. I've seen too much of that goody-goody character, and yet, I...like him as a character. Well, except for his hair, of course...and his girlfriend. Simone is gross.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #32 on: 05 Dec 2006, 08:08 »

IT'S GETTING INTERESTING!!!

i hope peter doesn't really explode.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #33 on: 05 Dec 2006, 11:44 »

Of course, it's really getting interesting now that there's a break until January 22nd :-(

Miiister Isaaaakk! :D Hiro ftw.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #34 on: 05 Dec 2006, 12:15 »

When I saw the painting in the last episode, ... that just got me hooked for next season. The dude is never wrong and I can't wait to see the show pull that off.

Oh and the new catch phrase: Are you on the list?
Not as eerie, or as cool, but I think it's cool that they are giving each story arc a phrase like that o.o

My brother and I were makin jokes about it.. like >.> Save the plumber, save Kentucky.
Save the pilot, save Chicago. Save the garbage man, save Europe. Stuff like that XD
You had to be there.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #35 on: 05 Dec 2006, 23:56 »

Of course, it's really getting interesting now that there's a break until January 22nd :-(

Miiister Isaaaakk! :D Hiro ftw.

AGH. i hate it when they do that. (hiro is so adorable.)

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #36 on: 06 Dec 2006, 18:56 »

Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Fiddler

« Reply #37 on: 07 Dec 2006, 20:56 »

Oh man, that article makes me love that guy even more.  Especially when he was geeking out on the computer graphics stuff. 

But as to the show, it's seriously my favorite thing on TV in a long time.  As far as Peter exploding though, my two theories are that either his dream was actually about the radiation guy and that Peter was kind of stepping into his shoes and viewing what might happen similar to when he saw everything that Nathan experienced when he had his accident, like flying above the car and what not.  Either that or Peter goes into overload from having too many people with powers around and his body not being able to handle it.  So it could all be a run up to see if he can fight off Sylar and gain control of his powers.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #38 on: 07 Dec 2006, 21:00 »

It's interesting... Sylar seems to take other people's powers permanently, where as Peter borrows them temporarily.

Makes me wonder, if Peter is around Sylar, does he get all of Sylar's powers?

Oh >.> and wasn't it cool when Peter was in the room with Matt (the cop) and there was all that psychic feedback, like putting a microphone too close to the speaker. XD that was just awesome.
Man I love this show.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

thepugs

« Reply #39 on: 08 Dec 2006, 08:37 »

In terms of the dream, I'm thinking that Peter ends up around radioactive man and gains his power, and since the radioactive dude didn't have that great control over it in the first place, it seems Peter would have even less control.  I dunno.  But I do think it's Peter exploding.

DinosaursMadeMeDoIt

« Reply #40 on: 08 Dec 2006, 11:34 »

Yah, I reckon you're right on that one. In the dream, we see Clare come up to Peter and say "I'm sorry" to him.

While it's probably waaay too early to start this kind of speculation, as it stands there's not much reason for Clare to be as 'close' to Teddy/boom-boom man as she would be to Peter. So it's more probable that it's Peter who goes ker-boom.

Maybe.

Given the focus we've had on Teddy before, and the fact that he's now running off in non-central-to-current-plotline land, i'd imagine that he's going to play at least some part in the big explosion. It'd be a bit wierd to have a super introduced whose power is a perfect fit for the "final end", only for it to be the result of Peter's powers overloading as too many heroes are around. Not saying that it wouldn't happen, but it'd be... a little odd, don't you reckon?

Fiddler

« Reply #41 on: 08 Dec 2006, 22:32 »

It would be a little odd if Ted wasnt around at all so I'm assuming he'll reapear and have something to do with it for sure.  But I was just kind of basing the overload thing on the fact that Peter got progressively worse the more people with powers he was exposed to.  It was something like 4 or 5 in a relatively short period of time.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #42 on: 09 Dec 2006, 03:16 »

My television generally doesn't even get used during the week but I feel like a huge tool for having only watched this show the past couple of weeks.  It clearly can't come out on DVD soon enough.

(apologies for derailing the discussion...)

GebStar

• Furry furrier
« Reply #43 on: 09 Dec 2006, 11:38 »

It's not out here in Australia yet but I downloaded the first 11 episodes.
It's fuckin fantastic, I love Hiro, and I hate Nikki. I have no empathy whatsoever for Nikki.
I also love Hiro's woman she's too cute for what happens to her, and I like Peter over Nathan, Nathans too much of an asshole for my liking.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

BBP

« Reply #44 on: 09 Dec 2006, 12:06 »

I may have missed that part - who is Ted?  I remember the cops being in a building with high levels of radiation, but don't know who it was who lived there...

Future Hiro's words still stay with me - not to tell Suresh too much.  I keep waiting for the shoe to drop, and something bad to happen to him.

I also wonder about the cheerleader's dad's sidekick.  He seems to have the power to 1) block other people's powers and 2) erase memory.  That's two powers...or one comprehensive mind-altering power?

DinosaursMadeMeDoIt

« Reply #45 on: 09 Dec 2006, 15:47 »

Yeah, i'd imagine that it could possibly (though i'm not going to try!) explain it as one power. Mr Bennet said to Sylar that "they've never met someone with more than one power", and he knows about the Haitian, so...you'd assume it's just one.

Perhaps it's Mr Bennet who has the "power stifling" power? That probably doesn't work, though...

It's fuckin fantastic, I love Hiro, and I hate Nikki. I have no empathy whatsoever for Nikki.
I also love Hiro's woman she's too cute for what happens to her, and I like Peter over Nathan, Nathans too much of an asshole for my liking.

Totally agree on the "no sympathy for Nikki" front. Her story is by far the most boring, and that's despite my being somewhat interested in both DL and Micah. So...she's well dull.

Then again, perhaps it's just because their whole storyline is so utterly seperated from the other Heroes. When she met with Nathan (who rocks, in my opinion, if only because Jim Profit with superpowers is awesome) she wasn't quite as irritating. While DL and Micah got cooler once they interacted with Hiro and Ando. Maybe (hopefully) things will improve for them when they come into contact with the others...?

And yeah, Charlie (Hiro's girl?) was awesome. A bit of a wierd power (like one of those mnemonic memory tapes that WORKED!), but definitely a cutie.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
« Reply #46 on: 09 Dec 2006, 17:26 »

See now, DL and Micah seem about as removed from the situation as everyone else, but I'm still somewhat more interested in what happens to them than her. I just think that her power is such a bullshit power, and boring. All the characters are develioping, growing and learning to control their powers. All she does is black out and accidentally kill people.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #47 on: 11 Dec 2006, 14:15 »

But I was just kind of basing the overload thing on the fact that Peter got progressively worse the more people with powers he was exposed to.  It was something like 4 or 5 in a relatively short period of time.

At first, I thought Peter had some internal trauma that hadn't completely healed because Claire wandered off after he started to heal himself. Then he collapsed after seeing Claire again, albeit briefly. Now I'm leaning more towards the Haitian & Mr Bennett doing something to him in order to whisk him away for whatever it is they do with the heroes.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #48 on: 12 Dec 2006, 06:54 »

I don't think anything was done to Peter. Sylar became less stable the more powers he took on. Now the flashback dream Peter had at the end of the episode, may mean he absorbs the powers in a bit more long term basis. The scene early on where he hovers in bed also makes me think this may be the case, because he was not in direct contact with his brother at that point, but the power remained. It seems his body may not be able to handle the mutations that must take place at rapid speed when around other heroes. If you remember when Sylar saw the first person with powers, he called them broken. It makes me think the mutations in general will have potentially serious side effects. I'll also believe that Peter will be the one that has to defeat Sylar,due to his capacity to share powers, but most likely they will give the final blow so someone else (Mohinder comes to mind).
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Fiddler

« Reply #49 on: 15 Dec 2006, 20:06 »

Egh, I dont think the mutations are going to turn out to be like unstable or anything, I'm pretty sure Sylar called the guy broken because he didnt want his powers and that is the only thing Sylar really wants so not wanting power to him is like being broken.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up