THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 75234 times)

Lukeypoo

Re: Heroes
« Reply #100 on: 24 Feb 2007, 13:32 »

Yeah, Sylar's like the opposite of Peter. Peter gets powers through memories and emotion, Sylar gets them physically.

I'd like to bring up the fancy f shape that continues to show up all over the series, I re-watched them online and noticed how often it appears. I had a discussion with a friend about how it's a half of a doudle helix or something to do with genetics. It also appears on the sword, the Haitians necklace, tattoo on Nikki, on Dr. Suresh's genetics book cover, in Claire's locker on a notebook, etc... It also means godsend  & something else, according to Ando. Any theories?

GruntyBalboa

• Plantmonster
  • Work was fun
« Reply #101 on: 24 Feb 2007, 15:06 »

Higher power Hero? One that may be pulling strings we don't yet see?

I'm gonna call Linderman being a hero.

Also, I think Sylar was able to tell how someone was different by sound. If that's correct, this most recent addition gives him a massive advantage...

Fiddler

« Reply #102 on: 24 Feb 2007, 18:20 »

Its been awhile since biology, but half a double helix is actually RNA or mRNA or something like that I do believe.

Lukeypoo

« Reply #103 on: 26 Feb 2007, 10:00 »

If Sylar can tell who's different through hearing, I don't think would be teaming up with Mohinder. Also, he would've known it wasn't Claire he was attacking in the locker room? I don't know though, we're talking about a show where people can fly, stop time, manifest fire, etc..

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #104 on: 26 Feb 2007, 11:13 »

Mohinder knows who the others are whereas Sylar does not. Free resource.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Lukeypoo

« Reply #105 on: 26 Feb 2007, 12:17 »

Yeah, you're right.

Did anyone else got to watch the episode last night? Global airs it at 9pm here in Vancouver, B.C. Not sure if anyone else saw it... It was informative...

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #106 on: 26 Feb 2007, 16:47 »

Mohinder knows who the others are whereas Sylar does not. Free resource.

I just imagined a Lost/Heroes crossover. As if either show needs plots more entangled.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #107 on: 26 Feb 2007, 17:07 »

Oh sweet jeebus NO. Unless it's a random appearance of Mohinder and he answers everyones questions and then we all know what the crap is going on on that freaking island.

Edit: FINALLY we're learning about Mr. Bennett. Yessss.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2007, 18:30 by Linds »

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #108 on: 26 Feb 2007, 19:00 »

Veery interesting episode this week.. Cleared up a lot of stuff, while still leaving a bunch of mystery. Thank you, Canada, for airing it one day early.

Wouldn't have thought an entire episode with only those characters (except Hiro's minor appearance etc) could be so good.

GruntyBalboa

• Plantmonster
  • Work was fun
« Reply #109 on: 26 Feb 2007, 19:33 »

Did Hiro's dad know he had a power when he met him?

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #110 on: 27 Feb 2007, 05:55 »

What a great episode.  I still have questions, but it was both touching and very interesting.  I figured that some characters had more history together than has been let on, but this episode was still somewhat revelatory for me.  I'm kind of surprised I didn't see the ending coming.  Also, NBC could probably make a 30-minute show with George Takei just acting badass and I'd still watch it every week.  I really liked how all the characters were portrayed in this episode; I'll be curious to see how much of Mr. Bennet we see in the future though.

I would assume that Hiro's father doesn't know about his Hiro's abilities, based on last night's episode.

Next week should be very interesting.  I thought for sure that Linderman would be someone that we've already met, but the preview suggests otherwise.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #111 on: 27 Feb 2007, 06:25 »

Yeah, I don't think Hiro's father knows, which suggests that that's a good thing. And after this episode, I have to say that I like Mr. Bennet much more now.

Lukeypoo

« Reply #112 on: 27 Feb 2007, 09:47 »

Indeed, it was a great episode. A lot more concentrated on a particular group of characters which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. It raises a lot of expectations for the next episode, I'm hoping next Sunday we see a lot more answers and a few less questions and spins. What with Linderman finally being reached and everything.

Fiddler

« Reply #113 on: 27 Feb 2007, 14:31 »

I didn't think I'd like the focus on just a few characters either, but it really did turn out pretty well.  I think next week's show is going to be a little better though that little preview of Simone standing up after getting shot was cool, a little convenient, but cool.  It'd be cool if she had the same healing power as Claire just because we haven't actually seen two characters with the same power, even in the same family.

BillAdama

« Reply #114 on: 01 Mar 2007, 21:27 »

RNA takes the form of a single helix, but it is not one strand of a DNA double helix.  The difference between DNA and RNA is basically, DNA has an H group somewhere RNA has an OH group.  (Hence, deoxyribonucleic acid).

This week's episode of Heroes raised the general awesomeness level of the show more than any other individual episode.  Heroes seems to get better and better as it goes on.  The first three or four episodes were kind of lame, but then starting with future-Hiro's appearance to Peter it was quite good, by the end of the run in January I was seriously into it, and after last week I think it passed House and 24 as my fourth favorite show currently on television.

They keep referring to 'the final chapters'.  I wonder if every season of Heroes is going to be a different 'book' or something.  I think I like that setup, because it means most of the questions raised in any season will actually be answered that season.

thepugs

« Reply #115 on: 02 Mar 2007, 07:06 »

I read an interview with one of the writers a while back and they have indeed stated that every season will end with the major season questions answered, and that every season will be like a new book completely.

Lukeypoo

« Reply #116 on: 02 Mar 2007, 10:54 »

That comes as a huge relief to me, I think I'd shit a brick if I had to wait even longer to see what exactly goes down for Peter or whatever the 'bomb' will end up being to go off. Ever since they've shown Peter exploding, I've been skeptical that it will infact be Peter exploding do to Teds powers, I smell a twist with him somehow sacrificing himself to save everyone else. Either way, I'm sure Peter will be dead at the end of the season or something terrible will happen to him.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #117 on: 02 Mar 2007, 11:22 »

Slight thread derail:

This isn't completely relevant to discussion but might interest some of you.  For readers of The A.V. club, there's a short interview with Greg Grunberg, the actor who plays Matt Parkman.  He doesn't talk about the show much, just in the last portion of the interview.

On-topic:

I agree that Peter causing the explosion by mimicking Ted's incendiary powers seems too obvious a conclusion at this point.  It may very well be how things play out, but it seems like we (the viewers) are intentionally being led in that direction.  In any event, I'm also glad that there will be some conclusion to this story regardless of the future of the show.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #118 on: 02 Mar 2007, 17:49 »

Either way, I'm sure Peter will be dead at the end of the season...
I really hope not. That would suck.

I think, at least. They've surprised me before, though.

doki

« Reply #119 on: 02 Mar 2007, 19:09 »

when i started watching i was quick to dismiss this as an X men ripoff with the genders reversed, but the characters kept me watching.  i've seen up to the episode that ends with Hiro getting on a bus (driven by Stan Lee no less) and leaves Ando behind.

Best moments/secrets
The revelation of Claires Biological father
the hatian damaging Mrs Bennette
HRG interrogating Matt
Peter's girl getting shot by Issac

Upcoming predictions
I think Syler is gonna get to Radiation Dude before Peter does
Hiro needs no sword, he can do it himself, he just won't cause he's scared
Syler Vs Nikki/Jessica

also, everything Issac has drawn has come true.  EVERYTHING.  which translates to "nothing can stop the bomb".  I cant wait until my freind scores me the next episodes

Fiddler

« Reply #120 on: 03 Mar 2007, 11:34 »

Either way, I'm sure Peter will be dead at the end of the season...
I really hope not. That would suck.

I think, at least. They've surprised me before, though.

icky quote tree's i know, im sorry

But on to the topic, we know Peter isn't going to die until he at least receives a pretty prominent scar on his face.  We know this because future Hiro told Peter on the subway something like "I didnt recognize you, you look different without the scar."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #121 on: 04 Mar 2007, 17:53 »

whatever happens, i don't think peter is going to die.

Pegasus King

« Reply #122 on: 04 Mar 2007, 22:37 »

I've been following the show religiously since the first episode.

Though, come to think of it, I did miss last weeks.

For some reason, it throws everything at you at once, instead of making it you wait weeks and weeks to get answers (and even though, very dismal answers). I love the "kick-in-the-face" effect it has.

I hope Peter doesn't die. He'll turn out to be such a badass.

doki

« Reply #123 on: 04 Mar 2007, 23:26 »

peter is not gonna die

new york is gonna blow, but peter is not gonna die
Nathan might die, he hasn't been up to much besides a foil for peter.
The cop's wife is dead, thats near enough to a sure thing.
Ando will either come back or die
and Micah will die too

Lukeypoo

« Reply #124 on: 05 Mar 2007, 15:16 »

Holy crap last nights episode was awesome. It had everything I love about the show and more. Some real progress was mad ein the storyline. The showdown it ends with left me absolutely screaming for the next episode.  I don't know how many others saw it but I want to say something so don't read the following.
POSSIBLE SPOILER
The scar Hiro refers could now be the scar Sylar gives him at the end of the episode. Or it could be from the explosion, but I don't see how they could just destroy New York City like that in a show. But as mentioned before, trhis show is full of surprises.

Oh and the new Hero (Candice?) that creates illusions is a very interesting addition. I'm so excited for the next episode.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #125 on: 05 Mar 2007, 19:03 »

I figured she was a shapeshifter.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #126 on: 05 Mar 2007, 19:11 »

I HATE her. She is mean. She needs to get her butt kicked big time. Sylar vs. Peter = hella awesome fight, I can feel it.

But now we have to wait over a month for a new episode. BOOHISS.

Narr

« Reply #127 on: 05 Mar 2007, 19:28 »

I have never seen this show until tonight.

Now I need to make up lost time.  D:

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #128 on: 05 Mar 2007, 19:48 »

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/heroes.shtml

It's just better to watch them, so you don't miss all the awesome.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #129 on: 05 Mar 2007, 20:30 »

Peter better kick some Sylar ass next episode. Mohinder looks like he is done for. They seriously need to find someone with healing skillz.

Also, Hiro awesome factor just tripled, and I am so happy Ando is back though I am quite certain he is going to die.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #130 on: 05 Mar 2007, 20:49 »

Why Ando?
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #131 on: 05 Mar 2007, 21:40 »

Hiro seems like the solitary type in the future version that comes back to warn Peter. I am also guessing that most of the heroes that will continue to play an important part in the story line will lose the non-heroes closest to them. Claire's foster parnets, the cop's pregnany wife, etc. Simone = dead. Mohinder's daddy = dead.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #132 on: 06 Mar 2007, 06:07 »

Interesting episode last night, a lot of things happened.  I still think "Company Man" is the strongest episode of the series so far, but "Parasite" was pretty good in its own right.  I'm glad that some things were finally resolved, like Linderman's appearance and Hiro regaining his powers, though I think the sword is just Hiro's magic feather, so to speak.  Ando showing up to help Hiro was great; Nathan and Hiro are such opposites that it's fun to see them interact.

The new hero (Candice?) is really unpleasant.  The 'I like your hair' comment seemed odd when it happened, but was one of those 'Oh!' moments later on.

It does seem like we're weeding out the non-hero characters in a hurry.  I'll be curious to see if Mr. Bennet/Mohinder return.

SIX WEEKS GAH!  Somebody please remind me to make sure my TV works sometime before then.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #133 on: 06 Mar 2007, 10:28 »

Hey guy.
Make sure your TV works before Heroes returns in 6 weeks.
:D
Boredom Makes You Cool.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #134 on: 06 Mar 2007, 11:10 »

I blame myself for not being more specific.

I mean, uh, thanks.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #135 on: 06 Mar 2007, 15:47 »

Nah, I would'a done it even if you had been more specific.
It's how I roll.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Fiddler

« Reply #136 on: 07 Mar 2007, 10:00 »

Oh man, theres no way Ando can die.  I could see them making him a really interesting character because he has a really unique perspective on this whole situation.  He has no superpowers, that we know of anyway, so in some respects he's in over his head.  On top of that everything that made up his life prior to all this is back in Japan.  It's interesting to see how his character has developed already.  He went from being Hiro's goofy best friend who's reaction to everything was basically "This is so cool" and just tagging along for fun to someone who's really there to support and help Hiro with his goals.  It's even more interesting because as Hiro has gone on his journey to become a real hero, Ando has actually grown and changed into more of a hero himself by his example.  I really think the two of them are just going to become a little super-team over time, even if Ando never has powers.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #137 on: 07 Mar 2007, 21:26 »

What if Ando becomes Hiro's Lex Luthor? =o
Boredom Makes You Cool.

TTK

« Reply #138 on: 16 Mar 2007, 23:26 »

Goooo Hiro! :D

alongwaltz

« Reply #139 on: 20 Apr 2007, 20:42 »

I'm so glad this is back on Monday.

We get more info on the golden age heroes as well as Candice vs. Bennet and Sylar vs. Peter, Part 2.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #140 on: 21 Apr 2007, 08:17 »

Been waiting long enough!
Love this show <3
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #141 on: 23 Apr 2007, 06:04 »

I'm getting fidgety... won't be able to see it until tomorrow >_< considering seeing Parasite again tonight.

That shapeshifter is incredibly irritating. I think they really coulda done without 'er. It's not like they really needed ANOTHER woman with a tight bod and a penchant for hot outfits :o
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

MattBurns

« Reply #142 on: 23 Apr 2007, 06:22 »

I'm not sure any show ever really has enough hot women in skimpy outfits.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #143 on: 23 Apr 2007, 08:08 »

Yes they do.

I am really excited! I really really want to know what happened in the Sylar vs. Peter fight.

MattBurns

« Reply #144 on: 23 Apr 2007, 09:19 »

I want to know how peter can have a scar.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #145 on: 23 Apr 2007, 12:37 »

Maybe future-Hiro comes from a timeline where Peter didn't meet Claire?
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

MattBurns

« Reply #146 on: 23 Apr 2007, 13:13 »

I really hope not. I've seen enough bad time travel stories to last me a life time.

In fact I don't recall any of them getting it right.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #147 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:06 »

Oooooooh, shit. I'll save spoilers for after you west coasters see it, but DAMN! That was an episode worth the hiatus.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #148 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:12 »

Way worth it. I'll say more later, but I kind of wish the fight had been longer. Also, I am not happy with Mohinder.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #149 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:16 »

Judging by older previews, I think there's more of a fight to come. Also, you can't be hating on Mohinder, he was trying to contact someone else.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up