THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 75276 times)

MattBurns

Re: Heroes
« Reply #150 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:19 »

Peter's a dumb ass.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #151 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:21 »

Huh?

I'm not hating, I'm just disappointed. And shapeshifter girl (Candice?) needs to be slapped or something. I still hate her.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

MattBurns

« Reply #152 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:22 »

yeah she's a bit too smug.

though I think she's pissed off the wrong person this time.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #153 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:27 »

She's a total bitch, but dammit, she is so hot. Isn't it always the way?
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #154 on: 24 Apr 2007, 05:35 »

... must... see... now... can't wait till tonight to see with mates... must... betray... trust...
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

alongwaltz

« Reply #155 on: 24 Apr 2007, 18:33 »

I'm so glad Mohinder's not dead.  I could see Peter's return from a mile away but whatever.

I am almost certain New York's going to explode now.  The only question is whether it'll be Ted, Peter, Sylar, or someone different.

And in the 'whatever happened to?' files:  Audrey, Zach, The Haitian, Claude....

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #156 on: 24 Apr 2007, 20:27 »

Audrey left because she got fucked by Parkman's screw-up with Primatech. Not to mention, it'd be kind of hard to get her any screen time with Parkman having been locked up by the Companys for the last couple episodes. She is, allegedly, supposed to show up again by the end of the season.

Zach left the show because of the ambiguity of his sexuality. He was originally intended to turn out to be gay, but his agent was having none of that, so he left the show. Beyond that, once again, Claire's current storyline, overall, eliminates the possibility of Zach being around.

The Haitian is probably off doing something else. He was just in the last episode, I wouldn't think much on it. He DOES have to keep a low profile considering the company is now probably on his ass.

Claude, as you may or may not recall, left because Peter led the Company right to him (Albeit unintentionally). Being invisible, it's easy and sensible enough for him to disappear, so to speak.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #157 on: 25 Apr 2007, 13:19 »

Anyone else think that Bennet is still working for Linderman?

I mean he knows that New York is going to blow up, he's seen Issac's paintings. He knows that a Meta human is going to cause the explosion, so what is he doing? he's taking a man who can blow up to A city destined to be blown up?

How does this make sense?

and does anyone else think his escape was a little too easy?

Why does he want to destroy the tracker?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #158 on: 25 Apr 2007, 13:23 »

I don't think so. You can't lie to a telepath. Parkman would be on to him way too quick and there's no way Parkman would stick with him if he was doing anything suspicious like pulling the Japanese trick again.

Your point does make some sense, but there's that one glaring hole. Parkman's got his problems, but he's a pretty damn smart and an easily underestimated guy.
JON MADE ME GAY

Aimless

« Reply #159 on: 26 Apr 2007, 02:55 »

Maybe Ted will EMP the tracking device? :| I am really curious as to how Micah will be able to salvage Linderman's plan.

Also, who've we seen on the show that may be a part of the group of people that Linderman first worked with? Mrs. Petrelli, sure. Hiro's dad? Who else? Surely not Mohinder's dad?

And what the HELL is up with Sylar's special voice??

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #160 on: 26 Apr 2007, 06:02 »

As far as Micah's concerned, I have a strong suspicion that flows niceley into the first part of that statement. Seeing as how Linderman has his paintings of the future, he might know about Mr. Bennett's plan to take down the tracking device, which might be a big part of his plan (Which he stated was unraveling previously). Micah, being a technopath, could easily repair it.

I get the strong feeling that Mr. Petrelli probably had powers of some sort as well, judging by both Peter and Nathan having powers. I'm all but convinced that either he was a precog like Isaac (By the fact that Linderman mentioned that it was multiple artists that did his paintings and Angela seems to have a good working knowledge of certain events, but didn't know Peter would "die.")

Charles Deveaux (Simone's father) also strikes me as a likely probability (Considering the importance of his building).

As far as Sylar's voice, I'm not sure. Before anyone suggests it, it's not Eden's persuasion power. The writers already confirmed that he didn't get her power due to her suicide. They'll probably go into that in the last three episodes of the season.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #161 on: 26 Apr 2007, 08:57 »

The comics posted on NBC's website seem to strongly imply that Papa Petrelli did not have any special powers.

Though the last episode strongly suggests that Mama Petrelli does. She's probably the Precog, and the reason that Peter dreams about the future.

Shouldn't this also mean that Hiro's sister has powers?

The nature of the powers seems really strange as well. Hiro and Nathan were both adults before they even had a hint at their powers. yet Micha has powers as a child and also seems to be able to control them quite well. Why is that?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #162 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:08 »

Which comic implied that Mr. Petrelli didn't have powers? I've read all of them and I don't recall anything of the sort.

As for Peter dreaming about the future, a lot of hints have been dropped in interviews that that might have more to do with Charles Ceveaux.

I, honestly, don't think that Kaito Nakamura has powers. He may be working with Linderman, but I've got a feeling he's powerless. Even if he does, though, that's no guaruntee of powers for Kimiko.

As far as the latter part, the others have less easy to come across powers. Hiro has the most complicated ones and I doubt he EVER would've stumbled upon them if he wasn't a comic geek. Nathan's powers, likewise, are something hard to discover. Especially with his attitude.

On the other hand, Micah's always been a computer geek, allegedly, and it would stand to reason that he could easily stumble on his power by accident. Claire's is even more obvious, as regeneration is something that could come into obviousness early on.

This, however, doesn't explain people like Matt or Ted. Both of their powers manifested obviously, but late.

It could just be random coincidence. I doubt we'll get much of an explanation until season two.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #163 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:22 »

If at all. it could just be plot devices.

As for the comics. I took the fact that petrelli was shocked by Linderman's powers and the fact that there was no mention of him having any powers of his own as a fairly clear indication that he was normal.

I guess I certainly can be wrong about that. but I feel pretty good about that assumption.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #164 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:33 »

Well, there was no prior mention of Linderman or Angela Petrelli having powers, but both have been all but confirmed (I think it's pretty obvious with the hints towards Angela). Yet, Nathan didn't know either of them had powers. I fail to see your rationale.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #165 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:44 »

uhm, Linderman clearly had powers in the 6 part comic war buddies.

Linderman and Petrelli were in the war together. Linderman had powers, Petrelli, who was his commanding officer did not. Though he witnessed several people who did.

I somehow think he would have mentioned then that he had powers. unless by some chance they failed to manifest until after the war.

which is a possibility, but I find it highly unlikely.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #166 on: 26 Apr 2007, 11:00 »

What's so unlikely about it? Neither Nathan nor Peter manifested their powers particularly early (With Peter supposedly closing in on thirty and Nathan, allegedly, being close to forty). Considering the fact that Nathan obviously wasn't born until after the war (According to the comic), he was probably floating right around his early thirties. If anything, this leads me to figure it's much more likely that he didn't manifest until a later age, like his sons. In that sense, he may even have had a more latent power that he never had the chance to discover before.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #167 on: 27 Apr 2007, 11:58 »

I certainly admit the chance that I could be wrong. like I said, it's just the impression that I got.

it's also how the Company works, they team a meta with a normal. It seems logical that that structure would go to the top.

With Linderman and Petrelli being the founders of the company.

alongwaltz

« Reply #168 on: 27 Apr 2007, 14:35 »

A lot of the main cast had their powers manifest six months prior to the first episode, right?  As evidenced in the flashback episode.  Nathan, Nikki, Claire, Sylar, and Matt, for sure.  I can't remember.

That's bound to be relevant and not just a coincidence.  Also, there appears to have been a big gap between the golden age and silver ages of heroes.  With the only (so far) notable ones existing in between being Linderman, Claude, and the Haitian.  So what triggered the revival?

People used to think it had something to do with the eclipse in the first episode but since we know that a lot of people had theirs for about half a year before that, I guess not.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #169 on: 27 Apr 2007, 15:02 »

Nikkie and Claire are the only two whose powers definitely manifested around the timeframe of six months ago.

Parkman appeared in Six Months ago, but his powers didn't manifest until the start of the show in the second episode at the Walker crime scene.

Nathan's powers are indeterminable. They may have manifested then or not, it's hard to say. His power's one that you wouldn't really notice until it came up.

Sylar's power allegedly manifested a long time ago. In Six Months Ago, he mentions that he's always had a knack for "knowing what makes things tick," which is essentially his power when broken down to the basic component. He'd never run into another powered individual before Brian and wouldn't know the other aspect of his ability until then.

Peter's power appears to have manifested at the six months ago point. He was having the dream vision during Nathan's crash.

Isaac's power didn't start to manifest in any obvious way until around the start of the show, if I recall correctly. Once more, his is kind of hard to pinpoint as it's one you would only notice by coincidence, but the obvious paintings started showing up around the advent of the show.

D.L. and Micah's stories have given no clear indication of when their powers developed. Micah's one of the best arguments for "since birth" as he's always been gifted with electronics, allegedly.

It would appear, at present, that there may actually be no predictable pattern as to when one's power manifests as per the show. Hana Geitelman's power required a catalyst in the comics. Zayne's powers didn't show up until a few weeks after (His powers manifested a few days before Zayne killed him, which was ten days before the explosion as it's a week to the explosion and Zayne was killed three days before Parasite). Linderman's showed up when he was a child, which had to be around forty years ago, depending on how old he was in 'Nam. Whatever the pattern is, they'll probably give us some detail sooner or later, but there's no specific ascertainable pattern quite yet.
JON MADE ME GAY

Aimless

« Reply #170 on: 28 Apr 2007, 05:32 »

Wait, had Peter been in contact with Simone's dad in Six Months ago??

Xamira

« Reply #171 on: 28 Apr 2007, 06:04 »

Nathan's powers are indeterminable. They may have manifested then or not, it's hard to say. His power's one that you wouldn't really notice until it came up.

He launched 30 feet into the air during the crash. Im pretty sure his powers had manifested by then.

Im excited about 5 years in the future. Peter looks like a bit of a bad ass.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #172 on: 28 Apr 2007, 14:38 »

I dunno about that. He seemed pretty damn surprised by it and had absolutely ZERO control over it. He couldn't even get down at the time. I get the impression that's the first time his powers ever kicked in.
JON MADE ME GAY

Xamira

« Reply #173 on: 28 Apr 2007, 15:44 »

I dunno about that. He seemed pretty damn surprised by it and had absolutely ZERO control over it. He couldn't even get down at the time. I get the impression that's the first time his powers ever kicked in.

But the same could be said about all of them as none of them had any idea how to control their powers, And even so, In the case of Nikki, she didnt know she had powers because she couldnt remember.

I dont think there is any pattern as to when their powers manifest in their lifetimes, but from what we have seen, it is more likely for someones powers to manifest during their childhood if BOTH of their parents also have powers.

Aimless

« Reply #174 on: 28 Apr 2007, 23:53 »

A question... just WHAT is future-Hiro's idea of "saving the world"??

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #175 on: 29 Apr 2007, 07:45 »

It would seem that, according to the comics and previews from next week's episode, his idea of saving the world falls down to stopping the bomb. Presumably, he didn't know that Peter could explode too, so he assumed stopping Sylar from absorbing Claire would stop the explosion. My only guess it that Sylar possibly intentionally triggered it knowing he would regenerate. Only have to wait until tomorrow for the Heroes equivalent of Days of Future Past, which should explain a good bit of Hiro's motivations.
JON MADE ME GAY

Xamira

« Reply #176 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:43 »

Perhaps Hiro has finally discovered he cannot actually change the future but merely change the way it occurs. I.e. Charlie would have still died with or without Sylar. Same as she still acquired a Japanese phrasebook on her birthday in both scenarios.
It is possible then, in fact that 5 years into the future after repeated trips into the past and attempts at changing it etc he has learnt that he can only change the future to a certain degree and so his meeting of claire to "Save the Cheerleader, save the world" is simply to save peters life when he eventually explodes or when he fights sylar blah blah blah.

HOWEVER.

From other previews Ive seen it seems that Hiro's interference in the past is through misinformation because Bennet in the future believes that Claire is dead and so does Hiro. But she is in fact alive and with Nathan (Just with dyed brown hair). Then again maybe Claire apparently dies at a later stage and Hiro travelled too far back in time to give Peter the message, spurring the interference in Sylars plan to absorb claires power.

Its all so confusing.

alongwaltz

« Reply #177 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:46 »

In the future, NYC's been exploded but Peter and Sylar are both seen.

So either Peter did explode, and lived.  Or who's to say it wasn't Ted?  He's so obvious as the choice that I'm almost thinking it's going to be him now.

Xamira

« Reply #178 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:52 »

Nope, in future NYC Peter says it was him. He also seems to lead some sort of resistance group.

alongwaltz

« Reply #179 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:55 »

Hm.  That does make everything fit together then.

'Save the cheerleader, save the world'.  They saved her.  Allowing Peter to gain her powers.  Allowing him to survive the explosion.

But that logic says that NYC needs to explode to save the world.  Which is basically what Linderman said.

Hm.

Xamira

« Reply #180 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:59 »

As we can see from the future episodes, allegiances and personalities have majorly switched.

Then from another clip, Suresh is a presidential aide and says "What your asking me to do is Genocide!"

Is it possible then that Claire is the only one who can stop Nathan because she can get close to him and regenerate? Being that he is the president, can fly and most likely has bodyguards with powers.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #181 on: 29 Apr 2007, 10:37 »

I've given up on really trying to guess what they're going to do. Ninety percent of the time, they go and do something completely different and once I've forgotten what I thought would happen, THEN they go and do it. I figured Isaac was going to get killed in the episode where Simone got shot. I completely forgot about my thoughts on it and THEN they killed Isaac.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #182 on: 30 Apr 2007, 09:57 »

I feel like I've missed an episode here.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #183 on: 30 Apr 2007, 10:27 »

The next 7 1/2 hours are going to be fucking agony.
JON MADE ME GAY

Xamira

« Reply #184 on: 30 Apr 2007, 11:17 »

I have to wait until somewhere like dailymotion puts it up on tuesday.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #185 on: 05 May 2007, 03:48 »

According to Future-Hiro, Peter needed to save the Cheerleader, to stop Sylar from receiving her healing powers, so that he could be killed, which according to him, is the only reason he's still alive.

SO

If Claire is actually still alive in the future... wtf is Sylar still alive?

AND

If Future-Peter did save Claire (since we know she's alive and well in the future), why did Future-Hiro need to tell Peter to save her?

Didn't Future-Hiro know Future-Peter would've saved her already?

OR

Is the version of the future we saw in the last episode, the version in which the Cheerleader was saved... but things turned out pretty much the same anyway?

ALSO

.. if Peter can heal, what's up with the scar?

(Haha, I wrote this kinda like a Chris Ware comic)
Boredom Makes You Cool.

alongwaltz

« Reply #186 on: 05 May 2007, 13:42 »

Well, Sylar's still alive in the future because he didn't explode, Peter did, and because Hiro hadn't told himself to kill Sylar yet.

In the future we saw, I suspect Peter did save Claire.  But Hiro2 had to tell Peter1 to save Claire1 because, when he went back in time, he hadn't.  In other words, the first FutureHiro we saw was from a different timeline than the new FutureHiro.  Because the new timeline was created after Peter saved Claire.  FutureHiro1 and FutureHiro2 are near-identical, though, because it didn't make the drastic change to the future that they were expecting.  (Akin to when Hiro tried to save Charlie.  Sometimes, no matter what you do, things turn out the same way.)

And I don't know what the deal with the scar is.  We didn't find out what caused it, did we?  My best theory right now is that it's penance.  He could heal himself and get rid of it, if he wanted.  But he chooses not to.  (Maybe in relation to him exploding and killing Ando and Micah and all them.)

Now the questions remain:  will Peter still explode?  Will Ted?  Will Sylar?  Can Hiro bring himself to kill Sylar if it means preventing the deaths of all those people, and Ando?  You'd think no, he's no killer, but FutureHiro is just PresentHiro after a lot of hard times.  And he was a killing machine.  So he has it in him.

Aztex

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #187 on: 06 May 2007, 02:56 »

i believe what has happend and will happen can't change. everything will happen and there's no way that it can be  "changed"

MattBurns

« Reply #188 on: 07 May 2007, 06:28 »

I think Peter will still explode, but I think Sylar will get killed this time. It's Sylar that causes everything to go wrong, not the bomb itself.

With Nathan in charge instead of Sylar, I think things will end very differently for everyone.

As for the past, I think Claire really did die the first time, Hiro obviously knew that Claire was alive and Future Hiro also knew that he never teleported into the future to meet himself, if he did, he would have known he was about to get shot.

In the original time line, Sylar blew up and Claire died.

In the new one, Peter blows up, Hiro and Sylar don't fight Sylar kills Nathan and DL and Candace (not in that order) and takes over the world

I figured that Peter was around the Hatiain when he got the scar. He may have been a guest of the government at that time and later escaped.

Though here's a question. Why didn't Sylar kill off the Haitian and take his power? then no one with powers would be able to touch him.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #189 on: 07 May 2007, 07:08 »

You kind of answered your own question. The Haitian would've just shut him down if he tried. The more time goes on, the more evident it seems that the Haitian's power is aggressive rather than passive, judging by the fact Parkman and Sylar could use their powers around him some of the time.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #190 on: 07 May 2007, 10:06 »

He doesn't necessarily need to kill the Haitian using his powers though.

Also I would imagine that it would be fairly easy to put him at ease in the guise of the president. and then have something hit him from behind.

Which of course leads to a more interesting question. Does someone have to be using their power for Peter to absorb it? or can he absorb it from just being around them?

If the Haitian was blocking peters power with his, then of course Peter couldn't absorb that power. But if just being around someone who has a power is enough, then Peter could and probably should have absorbed the power at some point.

Why does the Haitian have two powers though, or are they different manifestations of the same power, Does he make you forget how to use the power while his "field" is on?

doki

« Reply #191 on: 08 May 2007, 00:18 »

like i've said before, the bomb is gonna blow

the bomb, ive resigned myself to believing is sylar.

lets look at a few things:

The preminition shows only those with powers, and Ando in the area at the time of the blast.  Empty New York?

we've all noticed Nikki's super strength.  what about Jessica's power?  what if Jessica is ACTUALLY Nikki's sister, using some kind of soul bonding power

as of yet, Nikki is yet to meet Peter.  if nikki, or more importantly Jessica meet Pete, then quite obviously he's gonna get their powers

If im right about the soul bonding, then peter could, theoretically, enter Sylar's body and trigger an explosion.

my only problem with this theory is Ted is still alive.  for this to happen, Ted has to die at sylers hand

OR

if pete has Jessica's power, he could lose his fight with sylar, accounting for the scar, Syler takes all his powers, pete takes sylar's body, he blows up,  then returns to his own body, which heals itself well enough for him to function normally.

hey, its possible

MattBurns

« Reply #192 on: 08 May 2007, 09:30 »

Pete Meets Niki well after the bomb goes off, he rescues her from prison.

alongwaltz

« Reply #193 on: 08 May 2007, 10:15 »

I think I finally understand the future episode and why things turned out the way they did.

Hiro went back and told Peter to save Claire so that Sylar wouldn't get Claire's powers so that Hiro could kill Sylar and prevent Sylar from exploding.

The problem was that Hiro didn't know that Sylar didn't explode, Peter did.  Because Nathan lied and told the world that it was Sylar who exploded.  Which is why saving Claire didn't prevent the explosion like he thought.  I think he was just coming to the conclusion that he needed to tell himself to kill Sylar when Hiro and Ando showed up and threw a wrench in everything.

What actually needs to be done to prevent the explosion now, I don't know.  Just kill Peter, Ted, and Sylar I guess.  Euthanize them.

MattBurns

« Reply #194 on: 08 May 2007, 11:23 »

I'm pretty sure that the explosion happened exactly how Hiro said it did.

He went to the train to tell peter to save the Cheer leader, when he got back to the apartment, hiro was there.

Clearly this didn't happen before because Hiro wouldn't have been surprised by it. he would have been wating for himself to show up.

since Hiro went back in time, he still recalls the old time line while everyone around him switched to the new time line.

This time they saved the cheerleader, but the bomb still went off. that's because Peter blew up this time instead of Sylar.

all of Isacc's paintings have come true. there are forces (linderman and Co) working to ensure that the bomb goes off, they probably have a nuke set up just in case plan a and b don't work out. I'm pretty sure the bomb is going to go off no matter what they do.

the lynch pin is whether or not Sylar or Nathan will be there to shape the future.

If Hiro kills Sylar, then the bomb goes off and the world comes together in peace and harmony, if he doesn't then the world comes together in fear and oppression.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #195 on: 08 May 2007, 13:42 »

Well, on the one end, odds are against Peter having blown up before Hiro approached him. If Claire had been killed, Mr. Bennet never would've betrayed the company, thus he never would've teamed up with Matt and Ted, thus he never would've led Ted to New York.

Fucking chaos theory...
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #196 on: 08 May 2007, 13:47 »

I'm still not convinced that Bennet isn't leading Ted to New York on company orders.

why would he take a man who could explode to a city that's about to explode?

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #197 on: 08 May 2007, 14:26 »

I have a hard time with Heroes - because I keep missing it when it's on, then I catch a couple of episodes on Sci-fi channel, then on NBC, then I get several repeats in a row - it's really confusing to watch that way.  I like it, but I just can't keep up with everything that's going on by watching it in such a fractured manner.

:?
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Aimless

« Reply #198 on: 09 May 2007, 00:32 »

Okay episode, but, seriously, crappiest cliffhanger EVER.

Is Bennett gonna kill Molly, or adopt her? :o

doki

« Reply #199 on: 09 May 2007, 01:14 »

so they are finally there.  well, most of them, Nikki and DL need to get there to complete the team, but they're mostly there in NY.  what's gonna happen? well:
its gonna explode

duh.

Patrelli, Syler or Sprague is gonna blow.  which means a little to a lot of people.  Peter has aquired Ted's power, but is in the wrong place to blow up.

Ted was drawn amongst the flames.  im not sure what that means, either he is responsible for it, or can take it, both are posible

Syler has officially lost it.  killing his mother like that.  *tsk tsk*

interestingly, and i picked up on this before but let it go,  Candice ISNT a shapeshifter.  it appears as though she can bend reality, much like hiro can bend space and time. 

Molly? i dont buy it.  her ability to find things aside, i dont think she can do it.  she is, however, a living list...

that it! she's gotta be bait!  if Syler can find people, like him, he can be totally satisfied, he can locate all of them, and feed on them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up