THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In response to today's News Post  (Read 2399 times)

CrippledVulture

In response to today's News Post
« on: 27 Oct 2006, 20:53 »

Just who does this Tony Long think he is?  I thought there were higher standards for cultural appreciation at Wired.  I thought we were finished discussing whether comics are legit or not after Maus.  Has he never read Maus?  What a pretentious ass.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2006, 20:57 by CrippledVulture »

Rufusion

Re: In response to today's News Post
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2006, 22:21 »

No, wait, the best part is where he says:
"I have not read this particular 'novel' but I'm familiar with the genre so I'm going to go out on a limb here."
Yes, that's right, he's objecting to its winning the award even though he's never read it.
Talk about judging a book by its cover.

Monsterboy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • :txeT lanosreP
« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2006, 23:37 »

I ranted at the guy too before I realized what's goign on. I think we're all taking it way too seriously.  The article's called "The Luddite" and, when I looked back, I realized he'd made the same kind of obnoxious sttements about a bunch of other things, and to a really ludicrous degree. I'm going to read it as a kind of performance art.
"True literature can only exist when it is created, not by diligent and reliable officials, but by madmen, hermits, heretics, dreamers, rebels and skeptics"  -- Yevgeny Zamyatin

CrippledVulture

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2006, 00:54 »

Ha ha!

I seem to have fallen victim to a Somethingawful-esque internet goof.  At least I didn't post on the site.

I blame Jeph, he got outraged first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up