THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audiobooks?  (Read 2661 times)

alonelyargonaut

Audiobooks?
« on: 02 Nov 2006, 20:46 »

Does anyone out there do Audiobooks?

I used to be really meh to them.  Check out American Gods if you are looking for a reason to get into Audiobooks or kill a 19 hour car ride.  It is one of the most ridiculously well done audiobooks ever.  They've really grown on me lately.  Motherless Brooklyn, if you can find the right version has a good reader, as well as Ender's Game, and Anansi Boys.

bujiatang

Re: Audiobooks?
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2006, 19:22 »

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy read by Douglas Adams. He also did The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul

alonelyargonaut

« Reply #2 on: 03 Nov 2006, 21:09 »

oh totally but you need to get the radio program.  there is a torrent out there that has all 16 discs, the original plus the reuniting of the cast to finish out the rest of the series after doug's death, along with a few discs of interviews!  it's glorious

kokeyjoe

« Reply #3 on: 04 Dec 2006, 19:00 »

A couple years ago, I had a cornea transplant and was pretty out of it for around a week after the surgery.  It was days and days until I could watch TV.  After the initial two days or so of "Ow, oh my god, my EYE!!!" was over, my mom was nice enough to bring me some audiobooks from the lie-berry.  It was then that I began my journey into the world that has moved on, a.k.a. Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series.  Oh my god, the guy who does books two through four is unbelievable.  In book four, alone, he manages to come up with a couple dozen unique and all very convincing voices for characters.  The sad part is, the guy got into a motorcycle accident before Stephen King knocked out books five through seven, and apparently has curtailed his audiobook narrations.  A friend of his has taken over for the rest of the books since then, but even Stephen King himself has said that Frank Muller is the best person to ever narrate any Stephen King works.

http://bitchen.com/muller/

I wish I could get audiobooks for the "Song of Ice and Fire" series, though, mentioned elsewhere in this part of the forums... I would *intentionally* go on long car trips, just so I could listen to that, if done well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up