THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 13:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny  (Read 3394 times)

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny
« on: 25 Nov 2006, 20:10 »

Anyone seen it yet? Saw it last night. I enjoyed quite a lot, if you don't like the style of humour don't go see it but if you thought the first album and/or the HBO shorts were funny (like I did) then you will probably love it.
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2006, 06:45 »

I saw it today.  I found it pretty funny, but not as funny as I thought it was going to be.  I have to say that it was much funnier then Nacho Libre though

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2006, 13:00 »

I want to see it real bad-like. I love Tenacious D, and I believe that things having to do with Tenacious D are examples Jack Black at his best.
Hate, rain on me

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2006, 15:15 »

I saw it today.  I found it pretty funny, but not as funny as I thought it was going to be.  I have to say that it was much funnier then Nacho Libre though

Good god yes! Nacho Libre sucked really, really, really bad.
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2006, 20:26 »

Well, the music wasn't as good as their first album.  Don't get me wrong, Beelzeboss and History are pretty sweet tracks.  But most of it had a sort of sell-out quality to it.  The movie itself, the comedy part, was what made it so awesome.  The very first minute was the greatest (for those of you who have seen it) because me and 14 other kids had toked up beforehand.  Even if you didn't know who Tenacious D was, it was a pretty funny movie on it's own.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Fiddler

« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2006, 21:13 »

I saw it this past week and I though it was really funny over all.  I agree the songs arent as good but in this case I think its more because they basically wrote the songs to fit the movie and for their other stuff they stand on their own a lot better.  Hopefully we'll see a new full length cd by them sometime soon but until then I'll def pick this movie up on dvd when it comes out.

Gutter Monkey

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2006, 01:14 »

I'm generally not a fan of Jack Black, but I saw the opening musical bit online a couple weeks ago and that got me real stoked to go see it. I've heard very good things about it so hopefully I'll be able to find some way to sneak off campus this weekend to check it out. Any movie that starts with "A long ass fucking time ago..." instantly gets +5 awesome.

neek

« Reply #7 on: 05 Dec 2006, 00:08 »

I don't know why, but it felt like they were holding back during the entire movie. The music was great, no doubt, but to've wasted the money on tickets to see it at the cinema? I felt gipped.

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #8 on: 05 Dec 2006, 00:49 »

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I've been doing cock push ups ever since.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #9 on: 05 Dec 2006, 21:40 »

It will take some time until it hits the screens here.

Damnation! I want to see it now!
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!
Pages: [1]   Go Up