THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 02:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: knitters???  (Read 21416 times)

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Re: knitters???
« Reply #50 on: 13 Mar 2007, 14:23 »

Kafftanamaroo: Don't they sell yarn/wool wherever you are? and needles?

I would seriously not know what to do with my hands if I didn't have some knitting. I think I'd go crazy
Ho, ho, ho!

kafftanamaroo

« Reply #51 on: 17 Mar 2007, 05:18 »

yes, you have a point.  But I have yet to find them or time to go shopping.  At the moment I'm working on beading instead, and might post some pictures at a later date.

My favourite knitting project I've made is a hat - like a white lace beret.  But my only photo with me wearing it is so blurred that you can't even tell it's lace!

Also, I'm curious about your coin purse, grrlygeek - the yellow detail is just chain stitch added afterwards, right?  (Very cool, btw)

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #52 on: 17 Mar 2007, 09:26 »

Yes, the chain stitch is crocheted on at the end. The pattern is from Folk Bags: 30 Knitting Patterns and Tales from Around the World, by Vicki Square, (c)2003, from Interweave Press. The instructions and illustrations are very good - I had never added that sort of embellishment before.

Yesterday I bought a skein of sock yarn that should be enough yardage for the full pair. The colorway is kind of a fall mix of brown, yellow, and a little red - I'll post a photo once I have my camera back.  The yarn is really cool because it has aloe and jojoba oils in it, so it conditions your hands as you knit and then softens your feet when you wear the socks.

I feel a little guilty because I have so much yarn already, but I'm almost finished with two projects and I'm not really excited about any of my current sock yarn. Although I do have one brown lace sock that really needs a mate, and spring would be a good time to finish it and then wear them.
Ho, ho, ho!

kafftanamaroo

« Reply #53 on: 19 Mar 2007, 11:09 »

I found a place selling knitting needles for 20p per pair (it's an op shop)
So I might buy some, but I need wool first.

This is a bag I made a couple of years ago.  I didn't have a pattern, I just decided I wanted to try using my double pointed needles, and to have a go at fairisle.  The pink drawstring was used purely because I was in a hurry, but I decided I liked it so I've never got around to changing it.
 :-)
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2007, 11:22 by kafftanamaroo »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #54 on: 23 Mar 2007, 19:40 »

I've been in a hat making phase lately, so here's two of the ones I've finished lately:

I liked the yarn I used for the fair isle hat, so I added a detail. The brown one, sadly, was a bit too small because I was modifying a pattern to accomadate the needles I had, so I'm giving that one away to one of my friends.

Hats are much more interesting than scarves and I liked expirimenting with fair isle and seed stitch, which was the first time I've used that.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #55 on: 23 Mar 2007, 20:08 »

Yarn Lust!

Linds, what is the yarn on the Fair Isle hat? Is it 2 strands held together? Maybe a tan and pink and a tan and yellow?

Also, Kaff, I like your design pattern. It reminds me of the cheesy flames decals that rednecks put on their cars.
Ho, ho, ho!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #56 on: 24 Mar 2007, 08:29 »

Nope. It's this yarn that's grey and it has one strand of color in it that gradates. Sadly it's acrylic, but it's really soft. It's Caron simply soft shadows in Mardi Grey. It's really hard to get a picture of it, but the bottom is pink, then it goes to yellow, orange, and then blue at the top.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #57 on: 25 Mar 2007, 08:20 »

Knitted Pants!

Someday I'll make a pair big enough for me!
Ho, ho, ho!

messynessie

« Reply #58 on: 29 Mar 2007, 20:08 »

I started knitting in school when I was about 7 with wonky teddy bears and wobbly scarves. I still knit on and off but I'm just not that great at it so I'm usually limited to scarves! All the same I love knitting I'm currently knitting a colouredy scarf for my lil sis for her birthday....if it's finished on time she will love it! It matches a pair of legwarmers I knitted her for Christmas!

quietfox

« Reply #59 on: 06 Apr 2007, 13:39 »

I have an amazing patience for scarves, but it has run out. Now I'm trying to get rid of the awesome orange yarn I bought.

I'm knitting awesome orange socks. I promised/threatened to make my boyfriend a matching pair. I think I have *that* much awesome yarn. I will send pictures. My first sock is awful, but what the hell, right?

Yay knitting!!!!

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #60 on: 06 Apr 2007, 20:27 »

Hey, Foxy, if the boyfriend doesn't want awesome orange socks, you could always knit me a pair!
Ho, ho, ho!

heyboygetasweater

« Reply #61 on: 08 Apr 2007, 08:24 »

I know how to knit, I just cant find patterns I like

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #62 on: 12 Apr 2007, 19:55 »

I made up the pattern for this. It turned out pretty well, I think, although the recipient is so tall that even while standing on a chair I couldn't get a good shot of the top of it.

Ho, ho, ho!

Victorinia

• Plantmonster
« Reply #63 on: 12 Apr 2007, 22:15 »

A knitting thread! *is excited*
I'm currently on knitting hiatus... as in, I have, ah, three projects on the needles at the moment (a sock that's waiting to have its heel turned, a hat that I started because it was the only yarn available to me at the time, and a cropped vintage sweater that needs more yarn) and haven't worked on any of them in a little while. I'm giving my hands a break, I think. I'll get back to the sock soon.
Knitty is love, I've got one Red Herring finished right now. Second sock syndrome is much worse with a Fair Isle leg!

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #64 on: 13 Apr 2007, 09:19 »

Jayne hat yay! I have kits for 2 Jayne hats to make if I ever have the time to do them and learn some fancier knitting.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #65 on: 18 Apr 2007, 05:51 »

Man, I finally fulfill the actual thread objective, go to california to deliver it, and don't remember to take a sodding picture
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #66 on: 19 Apr 2007, 00:56 »

I finished a scarf in about 5 days, rather than 5 weeks, like the last one.

I'm not that confidant a knitter, so so far I've only done scarves. However, a friend of Mum's is going to Russia with her chuch to go help orphans, and needs scarves and stuff for them, so I'm going to practice different stuff on something I'm comfortable with. Hopefully then I will be able to upgrade to other stuff.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #67 on: 16 May 2007, 21:40 »

I have a question regarding the patterny-thingummy in this bag. If I were to try and do something similar on a scarf using moss-green and chocolate-brown wools, how would I go about doing it, pattern-wise? I have been wanting to do this for about a week, I just have no idea how I would go about creating that effect.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up