THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 00:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Wilhelm Scream  (Read 2697 times)

grenade_pin

A Wilhelm Scream
« on: 06 Nov 2006, 10:26 »

A Wilhelm Scream is an amazing and little known punk band based in New Bedford, Mass. Originally called Smackin' Isaiah, their moniker is a tribute to a well known movie sound effect known as The Wilhelm Scream.

Influences include bands like Propaghandi, Hot Water Music, and Strung out. They play a brand of punk rock that is unmatched by any bands around today, tinging their sound with metal and almost emo lyrics in some of their songs (see In Vino Veritas II). Fast paced guitars and dual melodic vocals make their sound unique; and they can change from brutality to depression in a heartbeat.

I discovered them at warped tour 2 summers ago, and i've been in love with their music ever since, i got mute print at warped and had them sign my copy. One of my favorite songs off of mute print is The Rip, a brutally fast punk anthem that just makes you feel like busting out and destroying things, and also A Picture Of the World, which sports the opening lyrics "i'm looking at this bottle, and this bottle it speaks to me, it says 'get off the fucking train' so i jumped down". My favorites off of Ruiner are "Less Bright Eyes, More Decide", and "The Pool".

band website

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
Re: A Wilhelm Scream
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2006, 10:41 »

Damn, I was hoping this tread would be about the sound effect  :-P
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2006, 14:50 »

and there i was thinking it was fairly generic emo
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

Spinless

« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2006, 16:55 »

I have perfected the Wilhelm scream and am prone to performing it when tumbling backwards off any wall I am sitting on.

grenade_pin

« Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2006, 21:08 »

hahaha i've never actually heard it (well i probly have but i've never heard the labeled version)... but the band is great.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2006, 22:36 »

You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Staralfur

« Reply #6 on: 07 Nov 2006, 02:57 »

I love Mute Print, but their other two don't really compare. It's easy to see how well they progressed from Benefits to Mute Print and it's awesome, but for some reason it's almost like they compeltely abandoned that with Ruiner.

grenade_pin

« Reply #7 on: 07 Nov 2006, 07:05 »

I love Mute Print, but their other two don't really compare. It's easy to see how well they progressed from Benefits to Mute Print and it's awesome, but for some reason it's almost like they compeltely abandoned that with Ruiner.

i agree that mute print was their prime album, but i still like ruiner. i haven't heard benefits. but i dunno, most of their music appeals to me because it makes me want to destroy stuff/skateboard really well/hardcore dance.

RallyMonkey

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #8 on: 07 Nov 2006, 07:40 »

I don't much enjoy Benefits. I thouroughly enjoy Mute Print and Ruiner, though. So many good songs.

Though, I like them for far different reasons than the TC. I like them mostly because they're a good band filled with competent musicians, which you don't see much of in the hardcore genre.

grenade_pin

« Reply #9 on: 07 Nov 2006, 20:14 »

I don't much enjoy Benefits. I thouroughly enjoy Mute Print and Ruiner, though. So many good songs.

Though, I like them for far different reasons than the TC. I like them mostly because they're a good band filled with competent musicians, which you don't see much of in the hardcore genre.
True dat. I met them at the warped tour and they were really cool. and their fans are waay hardcore, i almost got killed in the mosh pit because there were like 5 guys that were huge and it was crazy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up