THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 20:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WoW with Friends!  (Read 3265 times)

ozroller

WoW with Friends!
« on: 06 Nov 2006, 14:42 »

I have a few 'real life' friends that plan to get the game, and I'd only wanna play it if I'm playing with friends. So my question is this: How do I play along with them from the first moment? I have no idea how the game works, and I can't find any specific answers to my queries. I think that I have to make the exact same type of character as my friends so we start in the same place together? Basically I want to group with them from the get-go. Thanks in advance!

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: WoW with Friends!
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2006, 17:38 »

I think you'd all have to start out as the same race (on the same server of course).

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2006, 20:50 »

You all have to be A) on the same server and B) in the same faction.

So you and your friends have to decide if you're Alliance or Horde first and know what server you're playing on and then you're done! Easy peasy.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Alegis

« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2006, 21:44 »

When playing same faction, races have other starting points.
http://www.kaldorei.com/worldmap/
For horde:

Trolls/Orcs: Durotar
Tauren: Mulgore
Undead: Tirisfall Glades

Alliance:

Night Elf: Teldrassil
Gnomes/Dwarves: Dun Morogh
Humans: Elwynn Forest

Now it is quite easy for the races to get to the other spots, except slightly tricky for Night Elves. After lvl 10 (recommended ^_^ but any lvl *possible*) its a decent walk through wetlands. Done it a dozen times orso ;)

Don't let the different race starting points stop you from choosing a race; its not that hard.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2006, 00:18 »

It's not even that hard for night elves, just ask for a port and there'll probably some nice mage to help you along.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

takemeaway

« Reply #5 on: 07 Nov 2006, 00:39 »

Yeah, just start out as the same faction.

Should know each other's names, and /w each other to coordinate. Unless you get teamspeak, tat is. If all this is greek, say so, and i'm sure someone if not i will explain the basics of communication in game.

Narr

« Reply #6 on: 07 Nov 2006, 06:15 »

My suggestion, if you want to stay friends, is to NOT GET THE GAME.

WoW ruins RL friendships more than anything.  You'll find that you are either rarely on at the same time or that one of the group will play more often than others and inevitably be higher leveled than the rest.  Once you all get to the level cap, good luck getting each and every one of you into the same raiding guild if you plan on actually enjoying the end-game content.

ozroller

« Reply #7 on: 07 Nov 2006, 14:41 »

So basically if we're all Horde or all Alliance, it's not too hard to walk to the different races starting points? I'm sure I'll get lost, but I'll manage! :-P
Thanks for the help guys.
Oh, and speaking of Greek, what's teamspeak?

Narr

« Reply #8 on: 07 Nov 2006, 19:44 »

teamspeak is a program which lets you get lots of people on one of their servers to talk to each other via voice.  It's much handier than needing to type everything.

How many friends are you talking about, by the way?  Just curious.  I don't suggest having everyone start as the same race purely because the starting zones take a day or two to get through at the longest and you'll all be able to quest together from there on out.  No point pigeon-holing everyone to one race for the reason of playing together instantanelously.

I highly suggest that if you go Alliance, you make your priest a dwarf.  Other than that, race/class combinations are pretty much soley based off what you personally like.

Alegis

« Reply #9 on: 08 Nov 2006, 07:00 »

True, priest racials are the only that really matter end-game. Then again, seems he's going for a more casual playstyle so I'd say he should play what he wants ;)
Very much fun to lvl together with friends. Enjoyed that a lot. Programs like teamspeak definitely add to the experience.

Don't worry ozroller, you can ask all stuff around in the game as well. Usually a helpful fellow around. Play races/classes you want (although recommended slightly balanced, as in melee/ranged/healer for example) in same faction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up