THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 16:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The new site design  (Read 3013 times)

DrDavidson

• Not quite a lurker
  • tweet tweet, bitches
The new site design
« on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:09 »

Honestly, I liked the old color scheme better. Especially the brown background makes it look eeky and boring in a granny's-livingroom-atmosphere-way; the font makes it look like I lost most of my fonts so it has to use one of these; and the link-colors on the right do so not match the color scheme.
Aand, I liked it more when the comic was completely surrounded by the background-part, and not, like now, on of of its edges.
Also, there is no link to the forums in the navigation ...

Considering that the former color scheme also matched Marten's favorite color (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=5), I quite don't see why QC should need a new scheme. :-o
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 16:19 by DrDavidson »
The genius of the hole: No matter how much time you spend climbing out, you can still fall back down in an instant.

thesmilingpsycho

Re: The new site design
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:21 »

After the redesign I felt I needed to sign up for the forums to discuss.

Personally I am not a fan of the new layout, I think it makes the comic look like it is of lesser quality.  I thought maybe it was just today's trip but I went back and looked at a few from a week ago and still got the same feeling.  I also don't like the news post on the side as I usually turn to that first or don't make it all the way to the bottom when reading.  I know it doesn't give a lot of suggestions on how to fix it, but I just think it needs a bit more tweaking to bring it up to the quality of the comic.

-TSP

NightOfTheLepus

• Not quite a lurker
  • How many eyes does horror have?
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:40 »

yeh, it also looks kinda effed up in Firefox....unless that font across the top is really supposed to look that way.

dozyrozy

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:04 »

I think it's fine, people just need a bit of time to get used to it. Whenever pages change it takes me a while to get used to it, but in a little while I'll forget what it used to look like!

Although it did take me about 5 mins to find the link to the forum... and I didn't spot where the newspost was for a while either! But Jeph has said before that you should read the comic first, so that helps do that, my eyes always seemed to drift over to it and spoil it (if there was a spoiler in it). I quite like the brown colour, it's soothing. But that might just be me!
I think I'll take a nap now...

psion

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:16 »

I don't know what everybody is complaining about with the forum link.  I never click on it past my first time.  I just leave the damn thing open in a tab on my browser, along with QC.  I'm really dedicated.

sofiabailote

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2008, 19:00 »

The beige background is awful... it dilutes the comic. Black (or any dark colour) was much better because it matched the panel breaks and it made the comic stand out...

Jeph, lose the beige please!! I can live with the maroon, but the beige is  just too bad!
Pages: [1]   Go Up