THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 09:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge over troubled water  (Read 2240 times)

CaptainLorax

Bridge over troubled water
« on: 22 Dec 2006, 11:23 »

I just saw the movie Pursuit of Happiness and there was a cover of the classic Simon and G-Funk song in the movie. I wanted to know who covered it.

The movie was excellent, very uplifting. It made me think of the many 'dharma bums' whom are the homeless people I have met and  many of my lazy friends that do barely anything with their life -- because they are mooching off grants, or parents whom they should eventually repay some of the burden. They live off their wit and wise cracks, and that only covers the social half of their life -- what seems to be the only thing they do when they aren't schoolin'.

me, I fall into the category of 'worthless' many a time. I hope this movie will be inspiring enough to motivate me like a joyous bustle of singers shown at black churchs in the movies.

and regarding the hater thread that mysteriously got locked without a single roast...  ahh where's the christmas spirit?

Just because I'm a music hater doesn't mean that I'm not a music lover. I even hate and love artists at the same time. Hey, I'm sure my short reviews would have been chock-full of of vernacular wish-wash, and a nice change to other reviews where music is taken too seriously. Sure it might be pointless but that's what the internet's for.

I wanted to review some of the bands (not all) that several people mentioned (which meant some heavy duty listenin' to bands I never heard before). I also wanted to answer one guys questions:
'What is the meaning of Led Zeppelin?  What is the life of Black Sabbath?  What is the Pink Floyd of life?  What is the Stooges of Queensryche?  What IS IT?'
However, the same person wanted to lock the thread.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Bridge over troubled water
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2006, 13:05 »

They spell it Happyness and I want to know why! It makes me angry, but I will assume it has something to do with the movie?
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2006, 13:55 »

I too would like to know this! Sorry for hijacking the thread, but seriously, could anyone help us out ere?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2006, 19:05 »

They spell it Happyness and I want to know why! It makes me angry, but I will assume it has something to do with the movie?

I read this a few days ago, but I can't for the life of me remember. I think it has to do with a mural painted by little kids? IMDB says it's in reference to "an important scene in the movie"
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2006, 20:37 »

Isn't this that tiresome Will Smith movie that's supposed to inspire everyone to work really hard and impress your kids or something like that?? God, just give Will Smith an Oscar already so he'll stop making movies and go back to making terrible music.

/rant

CaptainLorax

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2006, 07:43 »

Andrea Guerra is the singer. I need to find more songs by this person. Or better yet, more simon and garfunkel songs

sigh/ my music hater thread is still locked. the lockers are the haters in my opinion
at least I had my 2 cents about it at the top of this thread

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2006, 08:36 »

Or better yet, more simon and garfunkel songs

That 'I'd rather be a hammer than a nail' one

and that one where he compares his sexual potency to a car.

And I dunno.

Fuck.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 2006, 08:41 »

I think I prefer Bookends too, although Bridge Over Troubled Water has my favourite songs.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them
Pages: [1]   Go Up