THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 19:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So.....Much.....Manga....  (Read 2531 times)

Mr. Square

So.....Much.....Manga....
« on: 09 Dec 2006, 06:47 »

I know its in fashion at the moment. I like some manga. I have no problem with manga per se. However, the thing that annoys me is the sheer quantity of it; some - yes, very good, very skilled art and damn funny.
BUT, the majority of the webcomics I've been browsing through are poor manga, bandwagon manga, with no real writing there. A big chunk of this stuff is Naruto or Dragonball satire as well, which I have never really looked into much.
Go and have a look on SmackJeeves. I'd say around 70-80% of the comics on there are either Japanese art style or 8-bit representations of said style.

Look people (not any of you really, just the Interweb), do something interesting with the style! We don't need another sci-fi cowboy saga!

Yeah, it's a rant, but please forgive me, I feel better now.

Shishio

Re: So.....Much.....Manga....
« Reply #1 on: 09 Dec 2006, 07:24 »

You have to sort through a lot of shit to find the good stuff, but it's the same with anything else in life.  Just don't read the stuff you don't like.  Complaining won't do anything.

fashionablenerdgrl

« Reply #2 on: 09 Dec 2006, 09:33 »

are you comparing the interblag to real life? does that mean i don't have to go outside anymore and interact with "people"? because that would be AWESOME

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #3 on: 09 Dec 2006, 18:28 »

doesn't really bug me. as long as there are comics, there are going to be bad comics.

as with all things, I read what I enjoy, and avoid what I don't.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

Mr. Square

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2006, 03:26 »

Yeah, fair enough. Sorry for the rant, it just feels good sometimes.
However, my brother, who is really into that stuff (might explain why it annoys me) showed me Hellscream last night...and I like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up