THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Stupidest Angel  (Read 3294 times)

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
The Stupidest Angel
« on: 13 Dec 2006, 22:15 »

Anyone else read this book?  It's by Christopher Moore who is one of my favorite authors, and if you haven't checked anything of his out, let me just say this:  Stupidest Angel is basically a Christmas story that involves zombies.  How much more awesome can it get?
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Re: The Stupidest Angel
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2006, 02:19 »

Do you have a link to a website with information or anything?
Hate, rain on me

Will

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2006, 21:35 »

Here's a link to the author's website.

And here's a direct link to his page about this particular book.

What's really cool is that for over half of the books he's written, he has discussion questions about them that you could use say, in a reading group, or even on your own if you wanted to.  Plus he has a list of his own picks for other books to read, and why he recommends them.
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

GirlwithaGun

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2007, 12:16 »

God, yes.  Anything by Christopher Moore is excellent.  I love his humour.

Utopian

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2007, 17:32 »

Not read his work but it looks exactly like my kind of thing - thanks for the tip!

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2007, 10:35 »

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood pal is my favorite. Practical Demonkeeping is fantastic, too.

The Stupidest Angel is one of two of his books that I haven't read yet.
"It's funny how you think I'm an asshole because I've got HIGH self esteem"

Will

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2007, 13:10 »

I also list Lamb as my favorite of his, in fact it's probably second only to Slaughterhouse-5 overall.  It's about the only book I've ever read that literally encompasses every concievable emotion.  I've read this book probably 20 times, and every time I end up laughing hysterically at parts, and the same few pages always manage to make me at least sniffle a bit, if not out-right cry.

Neal

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2007, 10:59 »

There are very few books out there like Lamb. Honestly, how is it possible to be so achingly hilarious and tear inducingly sad in the same books? Within pages of each other? The man is a god amoungst writers.

Also, the Stupidest Angel rocked my socks. Christmas, zombies AND the warrior princess? How can you get better than that?

Oh, and have you read Bloodsucking Fiends? I'd definately reccomend it to anyone who feels like a touch more romance with their laughter.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2007, 11:07 by Neal »

Will

« Reply #8 on: 15 Jan 2007, 04:14 »

I've read every one of Moore's books except for Coyote Blue (have it, just never was able to get into it) and his newest, I believe it was called "Dirty Job" or something like that...Bloodsucking Fiends is indeed hilarious. 

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jan 2007, 04:30 »

It's a Dirty Job is spectacular. His explanation of how the Beta Male has survived throughout the years is one of the funniest things I've read in years. A very enthusiastic thumbs up.
"It's funny how you think I'm an asshole because I've got HIGH self esteem"
Pages: [1]   Go Up