THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 Apr 2024, 23:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shirt Graphics?  (Read 4475 times)

Choco

Shirt Graphics?
« on: 16 Nov 2006, 10:38 »

Ok, first time poster, so I do not know if this section of the forums, or the General section. Sorry in advance if I am posting in the wrong section.

Ok, on to my question, sort of.

A friend, who makes webcomics, and I were talking, and we came to the topic of making shirts for her webcomic. Now, I know she has/can make the graphics easily and just fine. The problem is where to get them. So, finally, here is the question.. or series of questions.

First, can anyone recommend a very reliable place that would be able to make high quality shirts with our own desired graphics? Any info on where Jeff gets his shirts printed? Note, all the graphics are made on Photoshop or Illustrator.

Second, would we have to buy the shirts in bulk, or would we have a perference in the amount that is made? My friend's webcomic is just starting out, and has yet to receive the attention that QC has, but we just thought that making the shirts would be fun, hopefully fanshionable, and would be a form of advertising.

Ok, I think that's it. At least, that's all I can think of at this time. Please PM me if it is not allowed to link/say anything in the thread about this, for I am not sure about the rules to that. Thank you in advance for any info!

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Shirt Graphics?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2006, 03:18 »

Check out Spreadshirt.com, you can upload your own images and put them on pretty much any style you'd like.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2006, 05:32 »

Choco, do you know that the current guest strip (strip #58) on the "Eggs & Deagles" comic is a complete ripoff of this VGCats strip?

eggs and deagles

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2006, 06:37 »

Choco, do you know that the current guest strip (strip #58) on the "Eggs & Deagles" comic is a complete ripoff of this VGCats strip?

Hmm... I've never seen that VGCats strip before, but then again, it was a guest strip, so at least I'm not to blame. Either way, both strips are complete ripoffs of the Ikea commercial with the lamp.

Choco

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2006, 12:20 »

Thanks for the reply, redglasscurls.

And regarding that guest strip, I had no idea. I'm an avid reader of VGCats, but I have a bad memory, and I didn't know it was a ripoff. But like my colleague said, they're both rip offs. The ideas for both comics come from the same place, pretty much. In any case, truly sorry for any offense this may have caused. Hope that doesn't shy you away from reading the site more.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2006, 12:25 by Choco »

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2006, 13:40 »

aha! cool,  That Ikea ad must have been US-only?  I hadn't seen it over here in Australia.  Many apologies!

grrraham

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2006, 05:04 »

Cut out stencils, buy cheap blank coloured shirts and print your own designs.
Then take those same stencils and spraypaint your hometown with them.

seibei

« Reply #7 on: 04 Jan 2007, 01:39 »

if you want to get shirts screen printed, here's what you need to do.

take the artwork you want for the shirt, and get it into (preferably) Adobe Illustrator format, and the fewer colors you want to use, the less it's going to cost you. Each addition color is an additional screen that's going to add further set up charges and printing charges, so I'd recommend making a design that is going to look good with just one or two colors (don't forget to incorporate the color of the shirt into your design; you can really make one or two colors go a long way to looking good if you do that well).

Keep in mind that each additional print location (front of shirt, back of shirt, sleeve, etc) is going to add more setup charges and printing costs to your overall costs. Also, colored shirts will run (slightly) more than white ones.

A good rule of thumb at the shop I work for (one of the larger shops in Virginia) is that you'll want to get at least a dozen shirts at a time, ideally at least one dozen per screen used. So, one color on the front + one on the back, try and get 24 at a time. Obviously the more you get, the less each shirt will cost you, as all the setup and such goes into the first shirt.

Hope this helps; feel free to PM me if you have any more questions. I don't know whether any of the screen printers online are any good; I would recommend just cracking the phonebook and start making some calls, or maybe asking around to see who people like.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 2007, 02:48 »

aha! cool,  That Ikea ad must have been US-only?  I hadn't seen it over here in Australia.  Many apologies!

When Scott Ramsoomair did that comic, he actually said he was getting the idea from said Ikea commercial

Just sayin'
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Choco

« Reply #9 on: 08 Jan 2007, 12:30 »

Thanks a lot for all the great info, seibei. Much appreciated. I think Eggs&Deagles creators have found a place to get the shirts made and are now thinking up of a design.
Pages: [1]   Go Up