THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 21:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying Photoshop Issue  (Read 3906 times)

Sixleaf

Annoying Photoshop Issue
« on: 19 Dec 2006, 04:23 »

I'm trying to draw in Photoshop CS and no matter what I use, my pen, my mouse, or my touchpad if I use the paint tool and draw at any speed other than excruciatingly slow, all I get is a bunch of dots in some form of a line, instead of a smooth solid line.  I'd rather have my drawing pad be pressure sensitive according to thickness and not making it dotted or solid.  Having just a solid line with un-varying thickness would be fine, too, with the key word being "solid"!

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
Re: Annoying Photoshop Issue
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:22 »

it sounds like you just have to change your brush settings.

go to window menu/open "brushes"/choose one that is a solid line and not a bunch of dots.

i apologize if this is just my own inexperience speaking and is obviously not the answer (i know very little about photoshop.)
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

Sixleaf

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2006, 08:46 »

I appreciate your help but that's not it.  The brush isn't supposed to be a series of dots.

TheLanyard

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2006, 19:48 »

I've had this happen too, but don't remember how I fixed it.  It might be that it's taxing your computer too much.  Try making the image smaller or using a smaller brush size.

Sixleaf

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2006, 20:50 »

I found a button in the brushes panel that said "restore brushes to default" or something like that.  I clicked it, and the brush strokes went back to being smooth again.  I thought I'd post it in here in case someone else searches through the forums with this same problem.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2006, 02:35 »

I can't remember what it's called, something like frequency, or rate. All the brushes are dots, it's just a high rate makes them run together, and a low one puts a dot on the screen every .5 or 1 seconds as long as you're holding it down.

NiMRoD420

« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2006, 09:02 »

Exactly, the higher the frequency, the faster you can make your brush strokes without getting little dot-gap-cunts. It just takes more computing power.

godinpants

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Jolly good show old bean.
    • Godinpants
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2006, 06:19 »

i thought i might hijack this thread for a second to talk about an annoying photoshop issue im having.

for the first 2 weeks about, of using photoshop, the brush tool worked fine. then one day it just started lagging. which really screws up drawing.

now ive thought it could be a problem with not having enough power(using an ibook g4), but every other tool works perfectly.
ive even started using the eraser to draw with because it does what the brush tool should be doing.

any ideas on how to fix it? ive even tried reinstalling.

NiMRoD420

« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2007, 03:00 »

I know approximately jack crap about macs. But it sounds like there's an issue with your ram or your v-ram. On a pc, I would say defragment your hard drive and run some system diagnostics. On a mac, I would say... call the mac store?

godinpants

• Godinpants
« Reply #9 on: 04 Jan 2007, 07:56 »

actually i did work it out the other day. i was franticly messing with the brush settings because i wanted it to work. and i unclicked "dual brush" and it fixed.

godinpants

• Godinpants
« Reply #10 on: 04 Jan 2007, 10:14 »

as a general rule i just duplicate the background to start with.

and maybe you should change the settings of your tablet?

8ilbo

« Reply #11 on: 07 Jan 2007, 08:00 »

Changing the double click distance to smaller can stop it 'lagging' a bit when you initially start the stroke...

as godinpants said, opening any image file usually means its locked and you have to duplicate it to unlock it, and also change the colour mode from indexed to RGB (on some GIFS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up