THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 00:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU! YOU BETTER NOT BE SOBER  (Read 845443 times)

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
Re: YOU! YOU BETTER NOT BE SOBER
« Reply #350 on: 05 Oct 2007, 18:01 »

Man, me and my bud Adam is in the good shape.
Trust, we could punch the horn off of a unicorn. We put the lane into miscellaneous in this shape. Trust. Trust like a motherlover.

We put the RUDE into RUDIMENTARY. We is some straight-up necessary tooling shizzit.

I mean. I don't even know which shape your hair is in, but my homeboy's Adam's could fight it in a duel. And win so hard your hair would eat goddamn Oaty Wheats for a breakfast meal. Never seen hair eat that shit? NOW YOU FUCKING WILL.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #351 on: 05 Oct 2007, 20:08 »

My first time was at band camp, right before a rehearsal. I vaguely remember marching around on the field, the sun being hellaciously bright, and all 6 or so of us snorting and trying to be quiet about giggling hysterically every time we fucked up.

Roddy you are drunk enough to be forgetting your pronouns. That is impressive.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #352 on: 05 Oct 2007, 20:14 »

Man, I wish I had a bottle of scotch right now. Maybe Glen Moray or Balvenie 12-year-old.

All I have is lame Smirnoff vodka. Totally not the same...

/sigh
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #353 on: 05 Oct 2007, 23:36 »

Tonight sucks. I hate my fucking job. I've been depressed out of my skull for the past three days. My best friend hates me. I am going back to college and I am completely fucking broke.

I am going to get fucking wasted tonight.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #354 on: 05 Oct 2007, 23:58 »

I am not getting wasted tonight.

Last weekend I did, and made up stories with a friend which I then posted on myspace. At the time they were hilarious. They didn't seem that funny when I woke up though...And on monday I still had a wonderful hangover! I never drank like this until I joined these forums. Never drinking again.

Bad influence...

OK fine, we ran out of alcohol. Friday night now sucks.

I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

Wink

« Reply #355 on: 06 Oct 2007, 07:56 »

i bought some shitty e last weekend...um, i think it's more meth

trying to get to another place today to sell it and get some better e and maybe some lsd

i've never had that strong of a trip on weed, maybe you need to send me whatever you're taking
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2007, 08:11 by Wink »

SeanBateman

« Reply #356 on: 06 Oct 2007, 10:34 »

EDIT: Toke is still a widely popular word amongst stoners, at least around here. I RARELY hear anybody refer to it as a 'hit'. I mean, I understand that you just want something to bitch about(you always do), but at least think of something more plausible(like the poor unity of my paragraphs/sentences).

Who the fuck are you? I don't want something to bitch about, I just find the idea of people still saying "toke" hilarious. My dad used to "toke" shit. It just seems hilarious to me that there is somewhere where slang is that far behind the rest of the country/world. You rip a bong. You hit a bong. But the idea of someone taking a massive toke? It just seems ridiculous to me. And the fact that it was your first time getting stoned.... well it seemed like you were just saying the term you had herd the most to try and fit in with the stoner community.

I stand corrected, I guess? Still seems silly.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #357 on: 06 Oct 2007, 10:51 »

IT AIN'T NO JOKE, I'D LIKE TO BUY THE WORLD A TOKE
AND TEACH THE WORLD TO SING IN PERFECT HARMONY
AND TEACH THE WORLD TO SNUFF THE FIRES AND THE LIARS
HEY, I KNOW IT'S JUST A SONG BUT IT'S SPICE FOR THE RECIPE

I'm in your thread, quoting lyrics from pre-sellout Smashmouth.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #358 on: 06 Oct 2007, 11:05 »

You know, Kief, slang tends to vary from location to location. For instance, I've never heard the term "rip a bong." I also can barely understand stuff that people across the other side of the city say because they have a different bunch of words that they use. Not only that but Chrasstor is a little younger than you and slang changes with time, hell my girlfriend is only 2 years younger than me and I have to ask her what some new hip term means sometimes, so it is entirely possible that his circle of friends say "toke". I'm not approving of Chrasstor's use of a word that, quite frankly, sounds silly, outdated and like the kind of thing you would say in relation to a joint rather than a bong but you're overreacting.

Also you're a jerk. 
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

SeanBateman

« Reply #359 on: 06 Oct 2007, 11:40 »

Well yeah, I am a jerk. But I think my lack of emotion precludes me from any accusations of overreaction.

I ain't care what he says, I am just commenting on him, and the fact that he sounds ridiculous.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #360 on: 06 Oct 2007, 12:53 »

He only sounds ridiculous to you because he used a slang term that isn't cmmon where you are. Seriously, if this is what you like to ridicule people for, getting a hobby might be something to look into.

tl;dr weak boarding.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #361 on: 06 Oct 2007, 14:34 »

Tonight I engaged in frat boy shenanigans with the bouncers from my work and I have never been so pleased to be hit over the hit with a metal clipboard in my life. I think my favorite bouncer out of the lot is going drinking with us tonight (hospitality night woooooooooo) and my aim is to eventually punch on with him in a seedy parking lot.

Oh god why do I hate my brain so much.

Also Kieffer, the idea of "hitting" a bong is pretty ridiculous where I live. You can punch a cone, or rip a cone, or toke on a cone (toking on a cone is really what you do when you are too much of a sissy to pull it in one go and just sit there for two or three minutes trying to finish the job,) but I mean, stoner dialect is pretty variable, except if you said you were "hitting" a cone we would probably assume you were a cop. To be fair though, Australian drug slan is pretty ridiculous when observed objectively.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2007, 14:39 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #362 on: 06 Oct 2007, 20:23 »

I am fairly drunk and feeling incredibly depressed about my life. I also don't remember making that last post in this thread, but then again, I drink too much at least twice a month and post stupid bullshit like that.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #363 on: 06 Oct 2007, 20:34 »

New life plan:

Drink every night.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

SeanBateman

« Reply #364 on: 06 Oct 2007, 20:59 »

Congratulations! You're 1 step closer to being me!

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
« Reply #365 on: 07 Oct 2007, 00:30 »

I'm trying to figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #366 on: 07 Oct 2007, 23:52 »

One of the first times I got high was when the asshole next-door neighbor laced it.  I found that out later when the kid told us, "Hey, dude, you'll never guess what kind of weed I got you."  I saw my purse jumping across the table.  It was pretty intense.  Every other time, however, it's always been very chill.  No drama or anything.

As of now, I have downed several white russians and some Koonunga Hill white wine.  I'm not too happy with the wine, but it's all we had.  Makes me sad. 

I am an incredible light-weight when it comes to liquor, so tonight has been (and will be) quite interesting.   
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #367 on: 09 Oct 2007, 05:41 »

I was sitting at home just having a few drinks and listening to "old skool" '90s techno, and I started thinking about this one phrase:
"Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor, never sicker."

Where the hell would wine fit into that equation?

Oh, and Chrasstor, I didn't say I didn't believe you, because I've had horrible experiences with laced weed, too. I was just saying that the bong wasn't packed with JUST weed.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #368 on: 09 Oct 2007, 06:16 »

Around these parts we have the same phrase, only with wine instead of liquor.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #369 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:52 »

That doesn't make any sense; wine doesn't rhyme with sicker.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #370 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:18 »

Around these parts we also speak German...

edit: now that I think about it, it's actually the other way around. It says that you should drink beer first, then wine.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 09:21 by negative creep »

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #371 on: 09 Oct 2007, 13:59 »

some people I know react REALLY strongly to smoking even very small amounts
agreed. one of the first times i ever smoked pot was when i was 15. it contained pcp and i had no knowledge of this. i also smoked an obscene amount. this still goes down as maybe one of the worst nights of my life.

i don't smoke pot at all anymore, mainly on account that even today it occasionally fucks up my senses pretty bad and makes me really uneasy. the effects are different for everyone.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #372 on: 09 Oct 2007, 14:40 »

I haven't smoked pot because I have a strong feeling that I'll like it, and I just don't have money lying around to get addicted to anything more costly than knitting things and drinking. Also, I react very strangely to different drugs (downers hype me up, uppers knock me out), so yeah.

Anyway, my mum says that she would hallucinate whenever she smoked pot, without fail. And one of my girlfriends had a pretty bad time with some special brownies once, seeing crazy things and generally freaking out. And no one there was sober and they didn't even notice her going nuts. Lovely.
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #373 on: 09 Oct 2007, 16:26 »

I am not sober at all
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

ThinWhiteDuke09

« Reply #374 on: 11 Oct 2007, 18:50 »

WOOOH alcohol + Benzos = the greatest thing ever, or at least the greatest relief of your own existential crisis when everyone around you sucks.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #375 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:52 »

The headstock of my brand fucking new Gibson SG broke. Seriously, I've had it ONE MONTH TO THE DAY and the goddamn headstock breaks. What kind of shit is that?

All this to say, I would like to be much drunker than I am.

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
« Reply #376 on: 12 Oct 2007, 07:22 »

I need to find a party and get wasted this weekend.

Also, I'm very amused at the Shitstorm my earlier post caused.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #377 on: 12 Oct 2007, 07:30 »

The headstock of my brand fucking new Gibson SG broke. Seriously, I've had it ONE MONTH TO THE DAY and the goddamn headstock breaks. What kind of shit is that?

Man, that is the saddest thing i've heard all day. Well, maybe except the news on my email-website that said that every minute a pregnant woman dies. And yes i'm drunk, it is 4:30 pm here and i just woke up an hour ago and started drinking vodka, now i moved on to beer. This is going to be a great day.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #378 on: 12 Oct 2007, 07:48 »

Fuck you all! Beeing stoned isnt beeing sober! Go get your own thread! Bunch of n00bs.

*wonders if he should get more cognac, tequila or rum...*
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #379 on: 12 Oct 2007, 13:59 »

gibson problem is fixed temporarily, as ive just finished yet another margaritathis may turn out to be a good day hahaha

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
« Reply #380 on: 12 Oct 2007, 19:07 »

There is a party tonight...except it's really at 2 am or something (at a cabin! w00t!) to bad no one wants to drive me...damn.. I probably shouldn't go anyways, I don't remember any of this morning and feel quite sick right now. Though I do remember bits and pieces of a concert some kids at school put on during lunch.

mberan42

• Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #381 on: 12 Oct 2007, 21:50 »

Balvenie double-cask 12-year-old single-malt is exquisite.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #382 on: 13 Oct 2007, 00:09 »

.Nitrous oxide and INFERNO relentless and red bull and booze and no sleep makes Drick go SHOOP DA WOOP.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
« Reply #383 on: 13 Oct 2007, 06:02 »

Do you mean 'problem fixed temporarily' as in, 'I'm gonna be so wasted the next few hours that I won't even give a shit'... Or do you mean it as in "I duct-taped it back on =)"

Anyway, this is me not being drunk again. Deal with it, or buy my liquor for me.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #384 on: 13 Oct 2007, 14:04 »

Sadly, only the former. Fortunately, however, they say I can still have it replaced when I get to the States in December. <3 <3 <3 Gibson customer support.

Of course, this means I should get massively inebriated in celebration, of course. Any suggestions?

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
« Reply #385 on: 13 Oct 2007, 14:34 »

Get inebriated enough that vodka and ice cream taste good together.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #386 on: 14 Oct 2007, 07:32 »

[bong sesh commenced]
[movies watched]
[post commencing]

the thing i fucking hate is when people use the word trippy to describe pot. acid is something you trip on, or mushrooms. me and my buddy used to take 18-20 year old friends from our respective jobs who had never smoked pot before and would bust out the lungs and excessively large chamber bongs and scare them off of the stuff. mosly for personal hilarity than any righteous cause of saving people from the evil drug marijuana! and as for the guy who posted earlier and started a real hootenanny, i think i can retell his story more accurately.

today i smoked pot for the first time. it was really neat, i was way too high because i didnt know what i was doing and ended up very very very high. this made me confused about what i was hearing and got the spins. then i was afraid someone would find out i was high and was confused about what sounds were! then i walked home alone and had no coordination because i was super baked and tired, i fell in a ditch, it was very funny to think about in the morning. i sure wish i had any idea what i was talking about, otherwise this might cause confusion!
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
« Reply #387 on: 14 Oct 2007, 07:42 »

last night - not sober
this morning - not sober

it's quite nice

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #388 on: 18 Oct 2007, 17:36 »

I have enough hangover to kill a horse. Fuck.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #389 on: 18 Oct 2007, 18:16 »

GRAH! I need an ale wench, so that I might yell "MORE ALE, WENCH!" Who wants to be my ale wench?

I'm just sick of mixing my own drinks.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #390 on: 18 Oct 2007, 20:56 »

me and one of my friends argued over who gets to be bartender at all major functions hosted by us, and he "won". So now I get to order drinks from him and say "Quickly now, Boy! I have a thirst!"

Best loss ever.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #391 on: 20 Oct 2007, 14:56 »

We may have lost the rugby but 20 beers and 3 people makes for fun shoutings of IT'S A VIOLENT PORNOGRAPHY CCHOKING CHICKS AND SODOMY apparently.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #392 on: 20 Oct 2007, 15:49 »

We lost? Oh shit. Never mind. I am not sober. I'm also not drunk, but the fact that I'm not sober makes me happy, as I haven't been drinking in far too long.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #393 on: 21 Oct 2007, 03:43 »

good because you shouldn't be sober you guys, jesus

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #394 on: 21 Oct 2007, 07:23 »

Huzzah for random friends showing up to get drunkish!

Malibu + coconutshavings + milk = gewd!

*note, this is as much a hint as a mental reminder for myself on how to make these*
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #395 on: 22 Oct 2007, 01:37 »

Eeech.  Mixing alcohol and dairy products just does not sound good to me.  I don't care how classic it is (thanks to Jeff Bridges, at least), White Russians and other dairy based booze drinks make me think "curdle."

Then again, I don't do the dairy thing.  Someone get me vodka, coffee liqueur, and Silk creamer...maybe I'll give it a shot.  Ignore that.  It could be the beer talking. 

It is embarrassing to admit how many times I had to backspace to spell "beer."  The first time.  The second time I had no troubles.  Practice makes perfect. 

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #396 on: 22 Oct 2007, 04:39 »

Cant we just make it a houserule that any combination of b e e r (such as bree, reeb, rebe bere and whatnot) count as beer? Would make things easier.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #397 on: 22 Oct 2007, 20:54 »

Well, its a monday night and i do seem to find myself down half a bottle of cheap pinot, which tastes flat. you know, not in the way coke is, its just that all of the flavor is in the aftertaste. like, none up front dude.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

I is Grammar

• Furry furrier
  • Advocatus diaboli
« Reply #398 on: 23 Oct 2007, 00:28 »

Mmm...Monday night vodka binges are the best.  Except, of course, that it's cheap vodka that my parents happened to leave lying around.  God I can't wait to live on my own and buy my own good liquor.  I have to go to bed.
I've got a small sticky-out scar like a third nipple just under my right manboob from where I was bitten by another kid in Year 3.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #399 on: 23 Oct 2007, 01:34 »

Life is just one depressing bottle of Vodka after another.

I am not actually drunk, just at work at five in the morning for the third night in a row.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2007, 01:57 by Slick »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 78   Go Up