THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 21:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU! YOU BETTER NOT BE SOBER  (Read 845387 times)

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
Re: YOU! YOU BETTER NOT BE SOBER
« Reply #850 on: 13 Mar 2008, 07:15 »

I just got back from St. Lucia and the rum haze surrounding me is incredible.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #851 on: 13 Mar 2008, 07:38 »

My favorite kind of hallucinations are the ones where you've been awake and travelling for three full days. God that is fun.

I've never actually tried any other way of obtaining hallucinations though so whatever.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #852 on: 13 Mar 2008, 12:48 »

I haven't gotten drunk in forever, anyone want to come drink with me?

All of my friends who drink have graduated, and my current roommates almost never drink and never want to go to the bars so I haven't had more than like 1 beer since new years.  I'm going to visit my brother next week so I might go to the bars then, but he doesn't drink and I always feel awkward around him if I drink a bunch, so maybe not.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #853 on: 15 Mar 2008, 16:31 »

holy bags of fuck i am not capable of typing really well right now hahahaha

so yeah i played music with a bunch of my friensd (we're a cover band I guess?) at this going-away party for our singer's friend, who is moving away to malta. real fucking chore, right? to move to malta? best start a charity drive for them and their future suffering.

anyway, after the 5th or 6hh guinness i kindof lost track of how many i had, so i just kept drinking and fucking around with my friends. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

it really is a shame that there were no ladies at the party who were even cute when i was drunk. it also does not help that all the good-looking ladies i know are either married or in aemerica.

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #854 on: 16 Mar 2008, 22:35 »

you know what fuck yhou thread.

I know I amnt sober.

I don't need you to tell me the notwise.

FUCK YOU THEAD. FUCK YOU.
ALSO COCKTHIRSTY THUNDERCUNTS UIA HAVENT SLEPT IN THREE DYAS.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #855 on: 17 Mar 2008, 05:31 »

My drunken post was fucking pathetic. God damn it.

COCKTHIRSTY THUNDERCUNTS

WE HAVE A WINNER

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #856 on: 18 Mar 2008, 01:17 »

there is a bottle of vodka on the table in my sisters apartment.

my sisters apartment is in rome. i'm going to the coloseum in two hours and im a bit tipsy.

fuck yeah life rocks.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #857 on: 19 Mar 2008, 12:54 »

I am arguably sober by this point but I have a lot of regrets and I feel like I'm going to be sick so I feel like I have a place in this thread.

I've never actually tried any other way of obtaining hallucinations though so whatever.

I HAVE SOME SCHIZOPHRENIA FOR YOU, PATRICK
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2008, 13:03 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
    • I write about things like Steak & Wine Pairings
« Reply #858 on: 21 Mar 2008, 11:40 »

so apparently port/dessert wine is the best for watching TV before you go to bed... one normal size glass is enough for three seinfeld episoes AND it keeps for a week at a time.

it's definitely not good wine for the wire/deadwood though. too much happiness doesn't work well
Read a book I wrote a book about steak and wine pairings: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F79NQK

Neuvost

« Reply #859 on: 21 Mar 2008, 23:50 »

I am so drunk right now, let me tell you. It was a grammar adventure just typing these sentences. This kid was driving towards some common destination, and I was in a van full of guy and girls from this party and I just kept giving him directions to my house. He followed them, and I got out of a moving minivan, simple as that. This brings me to my love of two things: Brooklyn and spring break. Let's rock.

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #860 on: 22 Mar 2008, 00:09 »

There was something about your post. It just felt, a little confusing, but completely pure. I think you've had an epiphany. Its too bad you won't even remember you posted this in the morning while you're puking your guts out worshipping the porcelain goddess.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #861 on: 22 Mar 2008, 13:09 »

I am so drunk right now, let me tell you. It was a grammar adventure just typing these sentences. This kid was driving towards some common destination, and I was in a van full of guy and girls from this party and I just kept giving him directions to my house. He followed them, and I got out of a moving minivan, simple as that. This brings me to my love of two things: Brooklyn and spring break. Let's rock.

I read this, and then I read it again as though Craig Finn was singing it. 

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #862 on: 22 Mar 2008, 17:30 »

I read this, and then I read it again as though Craig Finn was singing it. 

genius on three levels. this sobriety is killing me. it's weird how you don't end up drunk when you're hanging out with people you actually like.
Read a book I wrote a book about steak and wine pairings: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F79NQK

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #863 on: 22 Mar 2008, 22:58 »

Tequila : Bad Decisions :: Something : Something else that inevitably follows the previous something

Girls, man... shit, what the fuck, they're always  all like "blah blah blah" and you're all "say whaaat?" and they're all "blee blee blee".  It's fucking ridiculous. 

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #864 on: 23 Mar 2008, 00:46 »

Bugles, beer, and Lillies and Tides LP, and all my friends are passed out.

Fuckin' stoners.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #865 on: 23 Mar 2008, 11:40 »

hey guys what is happening in here are you guys drinking oh my gosh that is awesome can i drink with you

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #866 on: 23 Mar 2008, 11:41 »

I AM SO FUCKING BAD AT USING INTERNET

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #867 on: 25 Mar 2008, 01:18 »

i've just zoomed past sobriety! I'm enjoying the end of a bottle of negroamaro from Salento, and I'm philosophizing (I can't believe that "philosophizing" is a word in Firefox's spell checker) about seinfeld, life, and how boring my life is compared to michael bluth's.

- Elaine is REALLY hot in the later seasons. Just SO hot.
- tarragon is my favorite herb/spice.
- the 8th season of seinfeld might just be the best... that may change after blockbuster sends me season 9 in the mail. kristen davis' episode = sexy gold.
- the kenny roger's episode is the only time jerry seinfeld has done *any* acting in his life.
- the sound and the fury is the hardest novel i've ever read. it makes as i lay dying into a fairy tale.
- i will have to rewrite my own first novel at least two more times before it's worth publishing. thank you Flannery O'connor.

SeanBateman

« Reply #868 on: 25 Mar 2008, 07:02 »

bottle of beam to the dome last night.

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #869 on: 27 Mar 2008, 23:11 »

i really love the newsbox. this 8.99 merlot is pretty killer, too. i hate girls that play hard-to-get because if you get them it will be them playing hard-to-live-with for 10 years later.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #870 on: 28 Mar 2008, 07:20 »

See, I actually quite like it when a girl gives me a hard time about shit.

Uber Ritter

• Curry sauce
« Reply #871 on: 28 Mar 2008, 12:32 »

Man, I totally have to go to seminar tipsy more often.  Discussing "Democracy in America" when you're too drunk to do anything BUT shoot from the hip, intellectually speaking, is fun as hell.  Not that I'm going to do it next seminar or the one after that, but now I understand why the founders of our college's curriculum commended mild intoxication as a lubricant to discussion.
And I never realized how appropriate it is to drink Norman apple brandy while discussing the work of one of the most famous Normans since William the Conqueror (ie Tocqueville).

But which seminar coming up should I drink for?  Maybe Faulkner?
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2008, 22:11 by Uber Ritter »
I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.
-Ludwig Wittgenstein

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #872 on: 28 Mar 2008, 15:27 »

Knob Creek just knocked Glenfiddich Solera Reserve off the top spot of my Favourite Whiskeys list.  That is a ridiculous thing to say at 6:26 in the evening.  Knob is bonk spellled backwards.  hee hee.

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #873 on: 28 Mar 2008, 21:48 »

Man, I totally have to go to seminar tipsy more often.  Discussing "Democracy in America" when you're too drunk to do anything BUT shoot from the hip, intellectually speaking, is fun as hell.  Not that I'm going to do it next seminar or the one after that, but now I understand why the founders of our college's curriculum commended mild intoxication as a lubricant to discussion.
But which seminar coming up should I drink for?  Maybe Faulkner?

way to pick the best of the drunk authors... goooooooooo you!

i'm rocking these tonight: http://www.terlatowines.com/wines/italy/baglio/product.asp?Id=564 and http://www.csliquors.com/winedetail.asp?WineID=6142

i really want to start hitting on 30 to 35 yr old women. i feel like they would be amazing one night stands. just still barely cute but so upfront and experienced that i could learn a ton from them.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #874 on: 30 Mar 2008, 00:21 »

it's weird how you don't end up drunk when you're hanging out with people you actually like.

This is a great point.  Sure, I like getting drunk, but when I'm with my friends, I'm happy being sober.  I only get drunk when I genuinely feel like being drunk, because my friends are super cool and I don't NEED alcohol to have fun.

I'm drunk now because I hate my job.  I think it is okay to drink because you hate your job, especially if you plan to quit in a few months and rid yourself of the motivation (I will describe my job only on request to avoid thinking about it more than is necessary.)

EDIT: Okay it's been awhile and I don't care about my job anymore.

Guys, being drunk is awesome.

EDIT: If you are at a safe location and don't have to drive anywhere.

Seriously do not drive if you have been drinking at all.  You might feel fine but it is seriously not worth risking.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2008, 00:40 by Darkbluerabbit »

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #875 on: 30 Mar 2008, 00:56 »

it's weird how you don't end up drunk when you're hanging out with people you actually like.

This is a great point.  Sure, I like getting drunk, but when I'm with my friends, I'm happy being sober.  I only get drunk when I genuinely feel like being drunk, because my friends are super cool and I don't NEED alcohol to have fun.

I'm drunk now because I hate my job.  I think it is okay to drink because you hate your job, especially if you plan to quit in a few months and rid yourself of the motivation (I will describe my job only on request to avoid thinking about it more than is necessary.)

EDIT: Okay it's been awhile and I don't care about my job anymore.

Guys, being drunk is awesome.

I hung out with a girl tonight and between the two of us there was only one beer consumed. i wish she could have slept over. I'm having a couple glasses of http://www.worldsgreatestwines.com/index.cfm?method=storeproducts.showDrilldown&productid=fefb3d26-bcd8-c84c-d61a-87b07730899f&ProductCategoryID=146ef9fd-af81-9811-6569-2572de51e80a&OrderBy=PXPC.DisplayOrder%20Asc,%20P.Price1 this really elegant northern italian red that i opened for a tasting at the shop tonight (that almost NO customers bought...laaaaame is what that is!).

what's this about hating your job? when you're bored enough to describe it, i'd love to hear a little about it, but i don't want to torture you now. 

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #876 on: 30 Mar 2008, 01:40 »

EDIT: If you are at a safe location and don't have to drive anywhere.

Seriously do not drive if you have been drinking at all.  You might feel fine but it is seriously not worth risking.

I hope this didn't result from trying, because it would probably the best thing I've seen drunkenly posted in a while. The fact that you posted and then thought that you should add a disclaimer about drinking and driving to your post after the fact makes me unexplainably amused.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

SeanBateman

« Reply #877 on: 30 Mar 2008, 03:34 »

Fairly Epic Evening.

Epic enough that I'm smoking a bowl now just for the sake of potentially being able to fall asleep.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #878 on: 30 Mar 2008, 05:33 »

Lion's milk is like sambuca or ouzo but not as rewarding
Guh turkish delight guh

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #879 on: 30 Mar 2008, 06:04 »

I was out drinking last night, me and my friend were walking home and we decided to take a beer with us for the road. Turned out to be the second most expensive beer i've ever had resulting in a £40 fine for drinking in the street. I feel like a right twat now.
Get off my land

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #880 on: 30 Mar 2008, 22:07 »

natassia malthe is the *only* reason i'm watching "Vampire Wars." ... oh, that's a lie. i'm watching it because the wine i'm drinking smells like tobacco, leather, and smoked meat so I don't want to go to bed until the bottle is finished.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #881 on: 31 Mar 2008, 02:17 »

I give disclaimers because I once made the mistake of driving after a couple beers.  I waited several hours to drive after drinking too, but I still got myself a DUI.  I've detailed the event in another thread, but basically it is really easy to get a DUI, especially if you are a small person.  I know a lot of people who think nothing of driving after two beers, but that could easily put a smaller person over the legal limit, thus I tend to get preachy about driving after drinking, because DUIs are a complete pain in the ass.  I had to work full time for a few months to pay off the huge fines and fees associated with a drunk driving ticket.  That's actually why I got the job that ironically drives me to drinking. 

what's this about hating your job? when you're bored enough to describe it, i'd love to hear a little about it, but i don't want to torture you now. 

I am a customer service representative for Verizon Wireless.  When people have problems with their cell phones, they call us.  I get yelled at a lot for things that are not my fault. 

I WEAR A HEADSET.
Oh, you spent four hours downloading games at $3 a pop and now you want to know why your bill is so high? 
Your kid sent 7000 text messages last month? 
Your dog got a hold of your phone and somehow bought eight ringtones? 
NOT MY FAULT.   Please, do not yell at me because I can't credit your account for something YOU DID.

If anything, I have learned to not let things affect me personally.  Also my call center serves the south region, so I inevitably get called "darlin'" at least once a day by someone whose problem I could actually solve.  Basically, while this is an incredibly whiny post, I am generally not that unhappy with my life.  I actually consider myself a pretty fortunate person.  Everyone has shit to deal with, but not everyone has my family and friends, who are fucking great. 

Damnit, I really need some sleep.  I am supposed to be waking up in about three and a half hours, but I'm not tired.  I finally resorted to whiskey in an attempt to induce sleepiness, but it failed. FAILED.

hannahrochelle

• Emoticontraindication
  • \@_o/
    • myspace.
« Reply #882 on: 31 Mar 2008, 03:44 »

Hooray for nondescript cask wine.

I wish Unosuke was here ;o;
Quote from: jeph
show me a 14 year old with crash-rated boobs and i'll show you a pink elephant

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #883 on: 01 Apr 2008, 21:00 »

Ok, that last Tuborg sent me over the edge. It has also led me to discover that the semicolon is my favourite punctuation mark. Fuck yeah Canadian spelling, favourite. With a "U", bitches. The Firefox spell checker can go fuck itself.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #884 on: 02 Apr 2008, 23:58 »

I expect a firefox spellcheck language setting in the very near future.  It seems like every time I think "you know what would make Firefox cooler..." they inevitably update their software so that it covers what I thought would make it better.  Those guys are either really on top of their game, or they lurk internet forums obsessively.  Or both.

Man, you know what sucks?  I'm not gonna say because it would lead to "get a blog" responses.  But something sucks, and I haven't drunk enough to forget about it.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #885 on: 03 Apr 2008, 07:42 »

I think that should be the new "Get a blog!" When someone starts to get stupid and emo, we all shout back "Drink yourself into a coma!"

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #886 on: 04 Apr 2008, 17:19 »

VODKA IS AWESOME.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

SeanBateman

« Reply #887 on: 04 Apr 2008, 19:21 »

I have exactly enough different pills to make tonight epic

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
« Reply #888 on: 04 Apr 2008, 20:16 »

There's this Chinese exchange student who's here 'till Summer and he turned 18 today. We bought some beer. I didn't want to drink, but I had 2 before I ended up leaving because I'm weak. I'm kind of disappointed or happy at how bad this winter has been. We still have like 4ish feet of snow. He must think that we just recently decided to start making houses rather than our traditional igloo huts.

I'm definitely not drunk, but I'm not really sober. I'm at that point where you just feel good, so you want more alcohol.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #889 on: 04 Apr 2008, 23:42 »

So fucking drunk right now.

So coworkers 21st birthday party+
me not eating+
Nice fucking vodka-=

me attempting to make out with coworker. Din't work, but dude totally invited me over for a sumblker party next weekend. So win, rihht?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #890 on: 04 Apr 2008, 23:45 »

Also, my mom made some really good cookies.

Anmd fuck. I bought a new poipe yseterday, and a hookah. Both got ggoood use tonight.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #891 on: 05 Apr 2008, 01:29 »

it's half nine in the AM. i haven't slept yet. i am down a considerable amount of vodka.

awesome.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #892 on: 05 Apr 2008, 02:33 »

me attempting to make out with coworker. Din't work, but dude totally invited me or for a sumblker party next weekend. So win, rihht?

Oh man, he pulled the "turn you down, but invite you to something else" move?  That's usually a good sign.  It means that they don't want to take advantage of your drunkenness, but do want to see you again.  Lucky you. 

Advisory though: that's my opinion, and I am apparently fucking stupid when it comes to interpersonal relationships.

Not "apparently," actually.  It's verified that I'm a fucking dumbass.  I fail at almost all of my resolutions.  (New Year's was such a  time of promise...)

Peet

• Curry sauce
  • The Second Gabber
« Reply #893 on: 05 Apr 2008, 14:38 »

IT I S ABOTU TIME I POSTED IN HER E AGIAIN
Quote from: Slick
I think Astaldo should be the next Dr. Who

muteKi

« Reply #894 on: 05 Apr 2008, 14:54 »

For what it's worth I've found that playing fast-paced games with lots of flashy graphics has a tendency to shorten my attention span to the point that I could be posting as though I was under the influence. (Check out a couple of threads on the music forum)
That's my excuse anyway. Sad to say I am not currently under the influence of anything and despite tonight being a Saturday night I have no plans of changing that.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #895 on: 05 Apr 2008, 15:03 »

At least run around in circles.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #896 on: 05 Apr 2008, 16:18 »

Between my weekly beer consumption with my running group and the margaritas I had tonight (we had to cut the sweetness with more tequila, fuck yeahhhhhhhh) I was pretty well-off.

My mom also makes some fucking phenomenal Mexican food, too, so I was very happy.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #897 on: 05 Apr 2008, 17:05 »

Hi again.

SeanBateman

« Reply #898 on: 06 Apr 2008, 07:59 »

Posting because today is going to be an epic drunk.

I started at like noon yesterday, maintained a level of comfortable drunkeness until like 9, at which point I got hammered. I woke up today and it is 9 AM and I was still drunk and I am on my 3rd beer and listening to shitty music.

If I do it right today wil be epic.

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #899 on: 06 Apr 2008, 10:58 »

Posting because today is going to be an epic drunk.

I started at like noon yesterday, maintained a level of comfortable drunkeness until like 9, at which point I got hammered. I woke up today and it is 9 AM and I was still drunk and I am on my 3rd beer and listening to shitty music.

If I do it right today wil be epic.
even if it isn't epic, at least you'll get a fun ambulance ride.

i went to a "friend"'s (i.e., acquaintance that i know has a crush on me, which I do *not* reciprocate) house for her birthday "party" last night. i showed up and there were  four people around a table who were all government bureaucrats. the birthday girl went to bed without telling anyone. as soon as my friend called about another party i left in the middle of a conversation. *shakes head* note to self: never get old.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2008, 11:34 by blaha 41 »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 78   Go Up