THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Oct 2024, 15:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is where I live...  (Read 4012 times)

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
This is where I live...
« on: 24 Dec 2006, 07:59 »

So the other day, I went walking around my home town taking pictures of things that interest me...there are about 20 of them that turned out really well, and I thought present a pretty good picture of what I like about the place I live.  This would be VERY dial-up unfriendly, so instead of posting them all here in this thread, I made a real quick page on my website that you can go to HERE. I didn't do anything exciting with the page; it's just a quick picture dump, basically.  But enjoy!

This is sort of a way for me to whore out my meager photography skills (hey, at least I'm honest), but also an invitation to anyone else out there who might want to take soe pictures of their town and share them with all of us here!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
Re: This is where I live...
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2006, 13:09 »

Those are some awsome pictures! I keep most of my pictures on my Flickr account, but I haven't uploaded any that I took of the town (to busy w/ the ones of my cat...). I really like the picture of the tree and the lake (third from top). Very nice work.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

salada

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2006, 15:31 »

i have a bunch of bordeaux, and will be taking a lot more over the next little while as my year here winds up. i'll put them up on my flickr when i've got a decent bunch.

and oh, i really like the one 4th from the bottom: i have this thing for lens flares, light leaks, and general fuckups/accidents involving light.

the_tard

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2006, 08:45 »

on the tenth from the top, is that a dot on the lens or a random Soundgarden reference? The first thing a thought of when I saw that pic was "Blackhole Sun" and I don't know why.

Will

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2006, 05:47 »

i'm pretty sure it's just from me having my camera in direct line with the sun.  nothing really intentional, sorry...
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

kokeyjoe

« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2006, 19:04 »

Will, I'll have to post my town.  I'm sure the 12 miles seperating yours and mine is a world of difference.

Seriously, though, since I kinda have a couple different hometowns now, I can maybe give a different perspective on all the places that've shaped who I am.  Only problem is finding the time to get to them all again.  Maybe today, with this freshly fallen snow, I'll walk around my town with the camera a bit.  And then get called a fag by some redneck.

Actually, they wouldn't call me anything, they'd just look at me.  A lot.  I love my town.

apocalypse

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2006, 21:02 »

nice photos i like the waterfalls :-D but why did you take a pic of a oil can?

Will

« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2006, 21:16 »

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever, actually...

er...uhm...i mean..

BECAUSE IT'S ART, YOU IGNORANT SAVAGE!  AAAAARRRRRRTTT!!!

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec 2006, 14:55 »

I started taking pictures of my city, i don't think i'll ever do anything resembling an accurate representation because wikipedia tells me there are 1,479  km?s of it, but it is fun.

I'll update this when i take more, but meanwhile here is one

[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

kokeyjoe

« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2006, 17:26 »

Okay, E. Spaceman, Will and I are officially crashing at your place for a couple weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up