THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 23:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Game Aid Thread  (Read 7194 times)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
The Game Aid Thread
« on: 30 Aug 2006, 05:19 »

I thought I'd make an almost useful thread out of my predicament.

So.. I am currently having trouble with a little game called Final Fantasy X.

The instructions to receive the item "Sun Sigil" to upgrade Tidus' weapon Caladbolg,were as follows.

Defeat the chocobo trainer in the "Catcher Chocobo" challenge with a total time of 0:0,0. After much hard work,I finally did so, but did not receive my prize.

Are there any exceptions or rules that were not made clear here?
Hate, rain on me

Millerz

• Not quite a lurker
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2006, 08:19 »

Did you get exactly 0.0 seconds?
From what I remember you have to get less than 0 seconds to get the sigil

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2006, 09:11 »

Maybe.. BUT IT WAS HARD ENOUGH GRRRAARRGGH. I really don't know for sure if I got less.. I'll try again later. ANYONE ELSE?
Hate, rain on me

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2006, 09:22 »

Yeah, this one took me forever to do. I nearly broke my controller fifty times 'cause I threw it down in disgust.

Anyways, you actually need to get BELOW a 0:0.0 time. Basically, you can get hit by a bird once, collect 15 balloons and do it in under 40 seconds.

It's a real bitch, but it can be done. I literally spent three nights doing nothing but that fucking race, trying to get it.

But once you get Tidus' Caladbolg unlocked, the game is essentially over.

(Seriously, I was megadisappointed with the game once I got Tidus' and Auron's ultimate weapon. I tore through shit like mad. The final boss(es) were wicked easy.)
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2006, 14:56 »

I would guess so. Auron + Masamune + Tornado= Destructioooon.

Anyway..I guess I'll try giving it another shot.. I think it was pretty damn strange that I got EXACTLY 0:0.0 .
Hate, rain on me

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2006, 20:43 »

so where does this thread go from here? do we just provide questions to be answered?

Melodic

• archive chin panties
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2006, 00:10 »

I thought this was going to a thread about MMO addicts, and need for support. :(
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #7 on: 02 Sep 2006, 10:43 »

I suppose so.. as I said, I thought I'd make a useful thread out of my predicament.. so.. post questions you have if you'd like.
Hate, rain on me

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2006, 15:10 »

Has anyone else had problems with floorplates not opening iron gates in Oblivion?

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2006, 08:27 »

Man I would totally help you out if I played Oblivion.
Hate, rain on me

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2006, 19:15 »

does any one know an easier way to Marluxia in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memory then just pounding away at him?

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2006, 13:49 »

I'm just wondering if it's something wrong with the disc or if I'm just being a total idiot.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2006, 15:13 »

Blue Kitty, it's not a whole lot of help, since I'm not very good a COM, but as far as any RPG goes, the best strategy is to level up a whole lot. Also, stock up on Cloud cards if you can, because in my opinion that is the best ally0-attack card you can use. Sorry if this dosen't help a lot.
Hate, rain on me

rage

The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #13 on: 13 Sep 2006, 19:45 »

Boss FAQ for COM

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
Re: The Game Aid Thread
« Reply #14 on: 07 Oct 2006, 13:47 »

I was wondering, does any one know what to do in Jet Set Radio Future to advance the plot after you defeat the extending arm guy in Chou Street?  Cause right now I am stuck and all I seem to be doing is skating around, spray painting, and collecting graffitti souls, unless that is what I need to do to advance the story

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #15 on: 11 Dec 2006, 10:59 »

i think this is enough time to allow a double post

I seem to be stuck in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and I have looked all over and there does not seem to be any online guides for it.  As of now I have the cog item and I have no clue where to put it or where to go from there

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #16 on: 12 Dec 2006, 09:00 »

Just as a stab in the dark, having never played that game but many, many others: wouldn't the cog item logically go with some kind of clock apparatus?? Or any kind of machine that runs with gear mechanisms??

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: 12 Dec 2006, 12:01 »

well it tells me that it is a cog from the clock tower and I realize that hell, I should probably go there.  though for some reason I have no clue how to get to the clock tower what so ever, and to progress in the game I probably need to go to the clock tower

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #18 on: 12 Dec 2006, 22:25 »

Has anyone else had problems with floorplates not opening iron gates in Oblivion?

Oblivion, in all its vastness, and much like Morrowind, was never perfectly coded.  Just a random glitch.  Leave the dungeon, sleep, load last save, restart, one of those should work.  I got stuck in Oblivion once when the sigil stone didn't warp me back.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Spinless

« Reply #19 on: 24 Jan 2007, 04:05 »

I have scoured every single inch of the internet for discussions, tips, strategies, guides, you name I've looked for it. I have just spent a whole day looking for advice.
But I can't find ANY helpful information about that darn Rub Rabbits game!
Anybody here played it? Or beaten it? I can't imagine it taking more than an hour if you're good.
Thing is, I find too scenes absolutely impossible to beat, I am physically incapable of getting through them.

The stampede, where the geeky chick rides in that giant mechanical bull is impossible because I can not possibly destroy all those hearts in time. I've spent hours trying.

And the 'Hope' scene. Where you have to tap the girlfriend's lips to feed her the antidote. For some reason, I can not get past this stage. I tap, but right when the gauge is almost full, she'll gag. Again, I spent a long time trying to beat this.
I already used the skip level feature on the stampede level.
Now, I have a dilema. Get good, find out where I'm going wrong, and beat the 'hope' stage. Or start again, beat the bull, and skip the 'hope' stage.

I find both stages impossible, I need to make at least one of them possible.

Oh won't you help me? Please?

nihilist

« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2007, 07:45 »

Children of Mana - The damn storyline that IS NOT.

Spinless

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2007, 09:29 »

have you tried discussions of the story on the internet? Other than that, the only answer I can think of is fan fiction, but that's a path you do NOT want to take...
Pages: [1]   Go Up