THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 00:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The County Medical Examiners - Novelty? Or awesomeness?  (Read 2416 times)

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)

http://www.myspace.com/CountyMedicalExaminers

This is a goregrind band newly signed to Relapse Records that is basically a clone of Carcass, but consists of a trio of real-life forensic pathologists - the bass player is 64 freaking years old, and still playing this shit.  Other than the one dude who is rocking a full-on grizzly beard, they look like, well...doctors, not rockers.  It's almost surreal to check out their music, because they really do look like people you see when you're going to get your annual check-up or something.

So, seeing as how I am relatively unenlightened in this genre, my question to anyone who cares to check them out is:  Are these guys any good at all, for what they're doing, or are they just a novelty act that's destined to drop into obscurity after that novelty wears away?
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
Re: The County Medical Examiners - Novelty? Or awesomeness?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2006, 20:54 »

I checked them out a few years ago, and I really liked them. I kind of forgot about them untill now though.

I'm happy Relapse signed them, they deserve it.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2006, 21:40 »

Some quality tunes, and the lyrics are brilliant, but a novelty. I've also seen speculation on the idea they might be a completely fabricated gimmick, based on the fact that their domain name is registered to a member of Exhumed, the fact that they're on Relapse makes that less likely, imo. Probably just someone else handling their website. Still, Carcass clones are getting old. Fast.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

timehat

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2006, 02:28 »

Maybe they got into medicine BECAUSE of Carcass, and this is how they're paying them back.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2006, 02:40 »

the bass player is 64 freaking years old, and still playing this shit.

And Lemmy's 61.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Will

« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2006, 03:25 »

yes, but Lemmy is no mere mortal.
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:02 »

When I saw the word goregrind my eyes immediately glazed over and I pictured a bunch of flesh being run through a grinder while Richard D. James stood nearby, large studio headphones on, with a boom mic in his hands recording every last bit of gristle going through.

Will

« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:22 »

All things considered, you're not really that far off...

NiMRoD420

« Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2006, 04:24 »

Nope! Not too far off.

Good music, intelligent lyrics... but... My favorite Carcass album is Heartwork, so I guess goregrind ist not my thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up