THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 13:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Transformers trailer on Yahoo  (Read 6408 times)

kokeyjoe

New Transformers trailer on Yahoo
« on: 21 Dec 2006, 17:05 »

Yup, for those of you who are as much of a sucker for abusing a creative license as I am, there's a new non-teaser trailer on Yahoo for Transformers: The Movie.  You don't get to see a whole lot, but it's much more than we've seen previously.  Just go to Yahoo and head to the Movies section, and it should be on the main page there.

I know what I'll probably end up doing for Fourth of July '07.  *sigh*

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Re: New Transformers trailer on Yahoo
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2006, 18:53 »

OMG

OMG

OMG

YUMZ

[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2006, 19:30 »

I'm somewhat torn about this.  On one hand, a big-budget flashy-CGI film version of Transformers could be a lot of fun.

On the other hand, it's being directed by Michael Bay.  The other movies bearing his name generally make my head hurt in a way rivaled only by cheap whiskey.  The original Transformers cartoon was one of my favorite programs when I was a shortie, and I'm not so eager to have another of my childhood memories pimped and consequently destroyed.

I'll probably approach this very cautiously, with a little hope and a great deal of skepticism.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2006, 20:39 »

Any time I feel trepidation about the new Transformers movie and Michael Bay's directing of it, I just remind myself of one thing:

The attack on Pearl Harbor had a lot of kickass effects and explosions.  BIG explosions.

Hopefully, Megatron will shoot someone in the head really really really hard.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2006, 22:51 »

You do make a good point.  I'm not sure if I can resist the lure of gratuitous CGI robot violence.

This movie isn't due to be released until July 4, 2007, so I'm sure I'll have enough time and hype to decide whether or not I want to see it by the time I am actually able to.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2006, 09:33 »

You guys are missing one crucial point: Nothing with the Transformers name has ever been good. The original cartoon was good only because it was so awful, a fact that was made even clearer by the original movie. Obviously, all the cartoons after the original were just terrible without being funny. So, the fact of the matter is, the possibility that this will end up being terrible does not mean it will not be worth watching.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #6 on: 23 Dec 2006, 13:38 »

You guys are missing one crucial point: Nothing with the Transformers name has ever been good. The original cartoon was good only because it was so awful, a fact that was made even clearer by the original movie. Obviously, all the cartoons after the original were just terrible without being funny. So, the fact of the matter is, the possibility that this will end up being terrible does not mean it will not be worth watching.

You are hell ass incorrect simply because of Beast Wars.

Not Beast Machines, though.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #7 on: 23 Dec 2006, 13:50 »

OK, Beast Wars was actually good on a purely critical level.

But this isn't a Beast Wars movie.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #8 on: 23 Dec 2006, 14:18 »

And that's good, because I would hate if they screwed up Beast Wars for me.

Luckily, it's just the original cartoon which is '80s crap, so I can go see this movie, enjoy the fact that it was filmed in my glorious state, and watch some big goddamn robots fuck each other up.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #9 on: 24 Dec 2006, 16:14 »

You guys are missing one crucial point: Nothing with the Transformers name has ever been good. The original cartoon was good only because it was so awful, a fact that was made even clearer by the original movie.

Which reminds me: the new Transformers movie better have "Dare to Be Stupid" on the soundtrack.  And not a new version done by Fall Out Boy or some shit.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
« Reply #10 on: 26 Dec 2006, 15:17 »

Speaking as a big G1 fan, I challenge you to a duel sir. A duel to the death!

In fact, the reason I'm a little bit warey over this film (other than that fact it's Micheal Bay directing it  :|) is that to me it seems so far removed from the original G1. The designs, the storyline..... I'm not suggesting that things wouldn't have to have been changed, but I am still waiting to see something from this film which will excite me as much as I wish it would.
She looked me over and I guess she thought I was all right...
All right in a sort of a limited way for an off night.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #11 on: 27 Dec 2006, 00:57 »

If you're a fan of G1, I don't blame you for being worried, but let me put it like this:

At least it will be entertaining to watch, as opposed to Beast Machines, Energon, or any of the hundred other shitty spin-offs since Beast Wars.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

elcapitan

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #12 on: 27 Dec 2006, 13:16 »

My first reaction was, "They're going to fuck this up and ruin my childhood!"

Then I realised that I still have my old Transformers somewhere, and while I have them, I can relive the original G1 goodness in all its poorly-animated glory. This movie is essentially a chance to go and, as someone else said, watch some massive robots fuck each other up. I'm all for it.

Also, Optimus Prime. Didn't know how he'd translate to a long-nose truck with flames down the side, but it looks pretty fucking sweet.

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
« Reply #13 on: 27 Dec 2006, 16:10 »

Also, Optimus Prime. Didn't know how he'd translate to a long-nose truck with flames down the side, but it looks pretty fucking sweet.

Possibly. Megatron's design though has been p**sed all over. I can understand the idea of him transforming into a pistol a little hard to carry over into the movie, but then what about his other design as a tank? That would have been a lot more sweet than some metal-predator looking robot that turns into yet another jet....

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #14 on: 27 Dec 2006, 19:21 »

Which reminds me: the new Transformers movie better have "Dare to Be Stupid" on the soundtrack.  And not a new version done by Fall Out Boy or some shit.

Hell yes.

Somewhat off-topic question: can anyone confirm that there was swearing in the original Transformers movie?  Maybe I'm just fabricating this, but I swear one of the autobots actually says 'shit' in the first half-hour of the movie.

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
« Reply #15 on: 27 Dec 2006, 19:58 »

kokeyjoe

« Reply #16 on: 27 Dec 2006, 20:12 »

Holy crap!

(I wonder how many new figures Hasbro will make out of this version of Prime, eh?)

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #17 on: 03 Jan 2007, 08:05 »

...Was that Shia LaBeouf?  Wearing a Strokes T-shirt?
Pages: [1]   Go Up