THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 06:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Count of Monte Cristo  (Read 2704 times)

Lady of the Thorn

The Count of Monte Cristo
« on: 29 Dec 2006, 22:23 »

It's one of my favorite books and I've read it over and over again, but it's slipped my mind. I did the math once but I've forgotten. Can anyone give me exact ages for Haydee and Edmond Dantes at the end? Whomever gives me the answer has my eternal gratitude and *not-real* intarweb brownies.

**Caution: *not-real* intarweb brownies have been known to cause heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, and etc.

AllBad

Re: The Count of Monte Cristo
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2006, 23:16 »

I know this is a pointless post, seeing as how I can't give you an answer, but props on choosing a great book as a favorite. I luff Count of Monte Cristo. :)
I remember reading every other versions there were as a kid - great illustrated classics and such - and crying when the mad priest died and cheering on Edmund and cultivating a small hatred for Mercedes when she remarried.
Yeah, that's all. I'm done.

Lady of the Thorn

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2006, 07:39 »

Yeah. I feel the same way. I admire Edmond so much. Mercedes waited a long time (a year and a half to be exact) but it still felt like Dantes was cheated. My curiosity was piqued when I read an excerpt as a third grader from one of those anthology type things. I still remember  it. It was the part where Dantes escapes fromt he prison. I loved it so much that I went out and found the book eventually. But yeah. it's definitely an all-time fave.

To everyone else: Still hoping that someone out there has an answer...

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2007, 07:12 »

I'm not sure about Haidee but Dantes was in his thirties by the end. He was nineteen before but I'm not sure how long he was at the Chateau d'If. It was ten years after his escape that he put his plan into action.
Hate, rain on me
Pages: [1]   Go Up