THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 20:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Pictures!  (Read 2379 times)

Davidovic

Simple Pictures!
« on: 10 Jan 2007, 15:45 »

I had this assignment at school last year where I had to write & illustrate a children's book. I was in a quandry, because of the illustrate bit, and ended up doing it myself, using illustrator. It turned out very well (mainly because of the writing, as it was an English course) and I discovered that I like drawing, and i'm not too shabby at it, at least in simple, cartoon styles.

I'm not amazing, and I get frustrated (particularly with legs & hands), but it'd be nice to know what people think.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/davidovic/shankillbutcher.jpg

I whipped that up quickly after being inspired by all the fancy drawers here :-), was listening to the Decemberists, hence the name (and subject).
I'd post a picture from my book (The Perilous Plight of the Pirate Percussionists) but I baleeted the original PSD files and all I have left is a massive PDF that breaks my computer when I try to open it.
As I said I get frustrated easily, so the above was done in the amount of time it took me to get angry at my lack of gripping-hand-drawing prowess. That was about 5 minutes. Please critisize! I like doing this and want to get better!

EDIT: I felt ashamed and re-did parts of him, tried to stay more patient this time.
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2007, 16:03 by Davidovic »
Pages: [1]   Go Up