THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a painting series: "creatures my girlfriend has created to torment me"  (Read 5620 times)

seibei

I painted these for my girlfriend's Christmas present - this is really lame, but these are three creatures that are, umm, involved in tickling?

the crab

the crab!

the face gnome

the face gnome!

the treebear

the treebear!

let me know what you think! my painting technique isn't great, but I like how they came out.

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)

This is a really small and stupid thing, but I quite like the way you use the colors.  They look much cooler having similar colored backgrounds than I imagine they would if you had gone with contrasting colors.  The face-gnome is a bit phallic though, don't ya think?
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

seibei

yeah, I figured I could get away with simple designs if I did them in two different shades of a color.

the weird thing is, they match these three mannequins my girlfriend has in her dining room, so I must have been thinking of them when I decided on these color schemes, though at the time it seemed arbitrary.

re: the face gnome, what's a gnome without a pointy hat?  :-D

NiMRoD420

A gnome without a phallus on his head, I'd imagine.

That said, nice work fella.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx

perhaps screen printing would have been better for these. you could have gotten cleaner lines and more uniform-looking shapes.
also israel

Nettle

• Larger than most fish

They actually look like they'd make great tshirts!
www.notebookinhand.com -Forum for creative people.

www.maidmarianandhermerrymen.co.uk - Remember Maid Marian And Her Merry Men? Join the fanforum!
http://fluffybricks.blogspot.com You might not believe your eyes!

seibei

I had thought about screen printing these, but I do that all the time, and I haven't painted in a while and wanted to give it a go...it definitely would have looked pretty ill.

Kelema

I'm no real artist, AKA my art experience is semi-limited because I'm a full-time student. HOWEVER I kinda like these three paintings as a series. I think they all belong together, and they'd look great in a whimsical room lined up on the wall. Great 'unity', as my art teacher would say, haha.

I'm a little lost on the concept though.

Tickling?

/shudder/

seibei

it's more like poking and pinching, really, though there is some tickling.

Jeppo

i like them,
especially the gnome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up