THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is it bad if you most resemble a character of the opposite gender?

Bad
Good
Its Okay To Be Different

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Which QC Character Are You?  (Read 87773 times)

quotemyname

Which QC Character Are You?
« on: 13 Jan 2007, 05:00 »

Me and my friends have the habbit of comparing ourselves to characters from QC.  so far, i know of three people that have found their match in a character (me and two others).

Now naturally, everyone will probably say that they are marten.  Because, honestly, who wouldn't want to be the main character of a comic strip?  But honestly try and look at each of the characters and see which QC character you are.  Try it, its fun!

I am Steve,  besides the hairstyle, hair color, eye color, sideburns, and bushy eyebrows, i find i have alot of things in common with him.  I am like the guy that no one really pays all that much attention to, (exemplified by the fact that he is only in like half the strips).  I too was dating a girl a few years younger than me, and we broke up when we probably should not have.  And I too have seen my fair share of tequila monsters.

Which QC Character Are You?

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Re: Which QC Character Are You?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2007, 07:31 »

I am Snappy McTurtleneck and the Pink AnthroPC all rolled into one.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2007, 09:59 by hey_there_fatty »
Hate, rain on me

hoax

• Plantmonster
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2007, 00:13 »

I think Penelope. I have pretty mild sassing skills.
"Don't worry, I don't have low self-esteem.  It's a mistake.  I have low esteem for everyone else."
--Daria Morgendorffer

skaps

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2007, 09:54 »

Honestly...I'm a Faye. I sass people, pick on them, am awfully mean, have the same figure, and am kinda a bitch that people like for some reason anyways.

Ok ok, it isn't really 'some reason,' it's because they all think I look like a cute little doll. Barf!

quotemyname

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2007, 01:44 »

I was coming home from a party watching the eagles-saints game last night, and i walked into my room, and i swear i saw a big purple furry rat wearing a sombrero in the corner of my room.  but then i realized it was just the big stuff monster doll that i have sitting there.  really threw me for a loop for a minute.

Flying Gremlin

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2007, 02:37 »

Is it bad that I am male and I say that I have more in common with a combo of Faye and Dora than anyone else?

quotemyname

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2007, 18:31 »

Personally, i really don't think it should matter. I beleive that personality is completely separate from gender.  its good that you have the courage to admit to something you may be ashamed of.  however, lets collect a few other opinions. i added a poll for it.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jan 2007, 19:10 »

I'm Special Agent Turing of The Robotics Defense Agency.  Now, excuse me while I get my Neuralizer and wipe any memory of this post from your mind.  Just... don't read it again later, k?

Locke

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2007, 16:38 »

I'm Faye.  Violent and sharp-witted, with more issues than Time Magazine!

As for the poll, I think it would be fun to be a chick, they get more leeway with violence, and they have a skill bonus to Mindgames!

quotemyname

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2007, 20:25 »

not only that, but we all know that it is the women that decide when there will be sex!  cuz it sure as hell aint us guys!

maybe a dragon

« Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2007, 21:18 »

Even though i look a little more like Faye, I'm definitely a Dora.

spinning_Starlet

« Reply #11 on: 17 Jan 2007, 22:35 »

i am faye i guess.
my sister reads it and told me and i guess i didnt really realise, but dear god the sass. i used to work in a pub, and it felt much the same as "coffee of doom" in that people got a daily sassin' with their drink. Admitedly i got told off for being a little vicous to people sometimes but if they are going to be that stupid they deserve "you are stupid sarcasm". *huh*

also the issues, and the squishy bits (much to my dissapointment).

Joltz

« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2007, 00:47 »

I'm gonna say Natasha.  Okay, I don't dress in all black or have gnarly tattoos and piercings, but I forget to shower often and get excited about goofy ideas like "Deathmole."  And I do enjoy a good rocking out.

Teroniss

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2007, 03:26 »

I find that I most closely resemble Marten. One, I've got the sadistic (although not a dominatrix) mother, Ive had times where Ive had many girls in my life at once, many of which who have had issues on par with Faye (does your father trying to kill you with a knife or shotgun on a regular basis count?), some of which did actually work in coffee shops. As far as getting with them, there were 3 i tried with, 1 actually succeeding with.

iMacThere4iAm

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2007, 04:50 »

I look quite a bit like Sven, but my character is totally different. I don't really have my own QC character.

I do know someone who looks and acts exactly like Faye, however, to the point that I confuse events in her life with the comic...
I also know someone who looks just like Marten in strip 313, panel 3. He even plays D&D and owns a Quake t-shirt.

Teroniss

« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2007, 05:30 »

Heh, after my nifty little display of sass a few minutes ago, I might have a little bit of Faye in my personality as well.(I sassed a Starbucks employee to the point of him messing up my friends order and getting two free drinks out of it)

LenaBean

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2007, 08:37 »

Who am I most like? Probably...Penelope. I have no life and I have no sass. Well, verbal sass anyway. I can never think of anything off the top of my head. She seems to lean toward more general sarcasm than making really specific references and comparisons, and that's me.

CrazyNat13

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2007, 10:51 »

Nat.

I don't shower unless I have to and if a memeber of a band I liked bled on me I'd totally freak and not wash myself from the joy of it.

Locke

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jan 2007, 12:44 »

man, I dunno about that.  I think bands that I like bleeding on me would be more cause for concern than cause for poor hygiene.  I mean, if Dave Matthews was to bleed on me, for instance, I'd think he'd be doing something wrong.

Toeofdoom

« Reply #19 on: 19 Jan 2007, 16:21 »

I cant think of anyone that fits... but to give you a basic description of me....

these are the main groups of people in order of... geekiness or nerdiness or something to do with the marks you get in school

Random retards who think they are cool and than nerds are stupid
Cool people who like partys
General crowd
Slightly nerdy
Very nerdy
So nerdy no-one wants to talk to you
ME: So nerdy everyone thinks OMG that guy is so awesome hes gunna get the next nobel prize or some shit (I was voted most likely to at graduation... and i got the biggest cheers at the assemblies for prizes.)

Does anyone in QC fit that?

uhmmm... damn...  I sound like such a stuck up jerk :(

Locke

« Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2007, 16:40 »

A

V
A
G

I
S

F
I
N
E

T
O
O

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2007, 18:55 »

I am a female Steve.
"It's funny how you think I'm an asshole because I've got HIGH self esteem"

AeroSecurity

« Reply #22 on: 21 Jan 2007, 23:58 »

oh oh!  carbon copy of Marten.  And I mean almost exact. 
I'm rather shy around new people, especially women, but I'm rather comfortable around people I know.  I have the same "guh buh wha..." problem, though not exactly those words (or sounds).  I have the natural ability of making an ass of myself around women too by saying stuff that really sounds horrible after it is said.  And most of my friends in high school were actually women, but I never had a chance with any of them. 

The only difference, really, is Marten likes Indie, and I like whatever happens to be on.

Vonte

« Reply #23 on: 22 Jan 2007, 09:18 »

I am soo totally Fae...I have a family past, I'm mean and a bitch to all!!! And loving it while doing it!

Gamma Tree

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jan 2007, 10:20 »

Just the other day, my roommate looked at me sideways and said, "Oh my God, you look just like Faye from Questionable Content right now!"
She's right, I do.

Sadistic_Ninja

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jan 2007, 12:58 »

I had no idea who I was like so I asked some of my friends and the most popular choice was Marten becuse: I'm nice, not cocky, no one else is similar to me, I like girls who I have no chance of dating, I'm bad at talking to people I don't have something in common with, and some more things I don't remember. But I look nothing like Marten despite vsome similarity.

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jan 2007, 01:39 »

oh oh!  carbon copy of Marten.  And I mean almost exact. 
I'm rather shy around new people, especially women, but I'm rather comfortable around people I know.  I have the same "guh buh wha..." problem, though not exactly those words (or sounds).  I have the natural ability of making an ass of myself around women too by saying stuff that really sounds horrible after it is said.  And most of my friends in high school were actually women, but I never had a chance with any of them. 

The only difference, really, is Marten likes Indie, and I like whatever happens to be on.

does that mean your mother is a dominatrix?
*sneezes* Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

AeroSecurity

« Reply #27 on: 23 Jan 2007, 04:41 »

does that mean your mother is a dominatrix?
Thank God no!
She works at Dairy Queen...

Observer

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jan 2007, 05:41 »

Marten, but way less assertive.  :lol:

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #29 on: 23 Jan 2007, 06:00 »

-.- sadly enough for me, I'm a Marten. I have the nasty habit of making myself look stupid in front of girls, and they seem to like to make me look stupid, too.
*sneezes* Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

spet

« Reply #30 on: 23 Jan 2007, 14:24 »

I have the same problem there, plus I tend to fall for girls i can't possibly get -- ever! But I'm a little like Faye too: I have issues from my childhood and I sass -- sometimes too much.

rawrXskittles

• Curry sauce
  • OH JEEZ OH DANG OH JEEZ
« Reply #31 on: 23 Jan 2007, 19:00 »

I'm some kind of Dora/Raven combination. I can be quite "sassy" (if I ever use this word to describe myself again, shoot me) when provoked, but for the most part I am sorta dumb and happy a lot, much like Raven. I like computers and I suppose you could say I'm into the whole goth thing, so I share that with Raven. I have a Faye figure, however, and like to punch anyone within arm's reach. So I dunno what that adds to it; I'd go with my original assessment or Dora/Raven to be safe.
Believe not in you who believes in you, but me who believes in you!

silverstar

• Plantmonster
  • Hooyah, Navy!
« Reply #32 on: 23 Jan 2007, 23:17 »

I look a lot like an Ellen/Faye combo (this is being dictated to me by my guy friend who's also a big QC fan) but I act a lot more like a Dora/Raven/Hanners combo.

La
*insert witty comment here*

pervdaddy

« Reply #33 on: 24 Jan 2007, 08:29 »

Dora... but not so sure about myself around the opposite sex. As it sez, to nice for her own good.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #34 on: 25 Jan 2007, 19:54 »

Probably Marten, but with more of a taste for metal....

kinda like marten and dora rolled intro 1 package
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

high_on_shugar

« Reply #35 on: 26 Jan 2007, 04:56 »

I look like Faye, but I just CAN'T seem to achieve the level of bitchiness/sarcasm that she has!! GRAR with frustration!

Mr u Suk

« Reply #36 on: 26 Jan 2007, 17:17 »

as much as i hate it, im Martin.

i have an acute shyness around new people (extreme case when it comes to girls), but once they get to know me/ Vice Versa almost everything i say will have some form of either sarcasm or joke. also i listen to Indie, but not really as much as Classic Rock or Hair Metal. and if there is one thing in life that is not my forte', its female relationships (gaahh >_<)

also i play guitar and will be (trying) to make my own instrimental band. but its just gonna be me so if anyone could point me in some musicmaker stuff like Fruity Loops or GarageBand (but free) and is there anyway to record my guitaring straight to a comp?

NoodleRama

« Reply #37 on: 26 Jan 2007, 17:55 »

I think I'm a mix of three girls from QC.  One would be Natasha, because I like Rock music and moshing.  However, I bathe. XD  And I'm sorta like Penelope because I'm not especially mean, but I can bite back if I need to.  But I think the character I most identify with is Hanners, because she's so paranoid and freaked-out. =3

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #38 on: 26 Jan 2007, 21:10 »

I'd be Raven.
Shallow, silly, and incredibly superficial. I'm not deep, I know nothing about music, I'm kind of spoilt. But there is the occasional thing I'll say or do where people just go "Huh! She is maybe not such a dope after all. Or is she?"

Toeofdoom

« Reply #39 on: 26 Jan 2007, 22:49 »

I think i'm most like Angus McArgument guy. Arguments about things that dont really matter are fun mostly... :D

SeanBateman

« Reply #40 on: 26 Jan 2007, 23:28 »

I look like Faye, but I just CAN'T seem to achieve the level of bitchiness/sarcasm that she has!! GRAR with frustration!

Pictures or we'll never believe it.

Also I'd probably be steve.

moogoob

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #41 on: 06 Feb 2007, 20:31 »

A mix of Marten and Dora. I've got Marten's wishy-washyness and Dora's love of: Neal Stephenson books, Metal, and design.

Honestly, I've read Diamond Age like five times. Last year alone.

dorkabella

« Reply #42 on: 07 Feb 2007, 11:07 »

I'm somewhere between Faye and Dora for sure.

A Shitty Person

« Reply #43 on: 07 Feb 2007, 13:59 »

Faye meets the record store guy, but if anything I am slightly more acerbic.

I am an indie record store guy, and the slightest mistake while in my vinyl domain is met with immediate insults/ threats of violence.

strangepet

« Reply #44 on: 07 Feb 2007, 23:10 »

If the Tequila Monster mated with Hanners, and then their lovechild mated with Nat... that comes pretty close to me.
Not always there, OCD, and somehow still having questionable hygiene.

Nosh

« Reply #45 on: 08 Feb 2007, 06:14 »

Combination between Marten and early-Dora.
Had the whole 'many girls in my life, without any chance for action with them, ever' thing going for a good while, I'm pretty introvert and while I manage to keep myself calm in awkward situation (instead of yelling random things and hide myself in a corner), I usually don't achieve much more then 'well..uhm..wait, what?'-bumbling.
And I'm known for being way too nice for my own good, and selling myself short, like Dora did.

Only difference is that I like oldschool punk, quirky new-wave and breakcore, and they like either SLAYOOOOOR or gimmick-y indiepop twee stuff. 
Oh well. :)

SailorPunk

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www.xanga.com/moonrose
« Reply #46 on: 08 Feb 2007, 09:10 »

i am a cross between pen-pen and faye....odd no?
...really polite and kind of squishy...

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #47 on: 12 Feb 2007, 03:11 »

Marten, without the obscure music knowledge.
And i am not thet awkward among ladies, just a pig.

Yeah, i am rather useless.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2007, 01:43 by Abattur »
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

Shming

« Reply #48 on: 12 Feb 2007, 19:24 »

I'd say I'm some Faye and some Tai. Faye minus the whole southern thing and Tai minus the whole lesbian thing (so far in my life, who can predict). I look more like Faye.. okay, I look a lot like Faye.

Craig

• Not quite a lurker
  • Sometimes good with words. Never good with people.
« Reply #49 on: 15 Feb 2007, 02:29 »

Winslow. I run on a different OS to most, and can often be found in the company of a Pintsize (yes, I call one of my friends Pintsize because HE IS) without proper human supervision.
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2007, 02:33 by Craig »
--Arms are for hugging The Dandy Warhols--
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up