THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 06:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WoW: Burning Crusade  (Read 6266 times)

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
WoW: Burning Crusade
« on: 17 Jan 2007, 07:36 »

So who stills plays wow? Discuss the expansion and lemme know where you folks are!

Blasfemur -- 60 priest Kel'thuzad Horde
Illdjarn -- 60 mage Kel'thuzad Horde

all I can say is it's good to be in greens again.
also israel

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
Re: WoW: Burning Crusade
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2007, 07:58 »

I haven't played it at all, but the trailer for this looks fucking SWEET on a 50" flatscreen...

which I don't have.  But I saw one at the mall!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

tiro

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2007, 08:29 »

I haven't played either, mostly because I know if I did play, I would never stop and I'd end up failing school or something equally extreme. 

My friend went out at midnight last night to purchase the expansion, and didn't go to sleep until 10 this morning.  I don't think he's planning on sleeping at all tonight.

He's very excited.

Narr

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2007, 11:05 »

I'm kind of angry at myself for buying the expansion.  I haven't played in about 3 months.

Right now, I'm letting it patch.  I have a 60 undead Warlock on Silver Hand, but my plans are to make a paladin elf on Nathrezim to play with my brother's mage, my other brother's shaman, and my friend's shaman, his cousin's priest, his other cousin's warrior, and his fiancee's rogue.

I don't want to play druid and I don't want to make a second warlock, so it's the only way for me to go.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2007, 17:32 »

I've been playing WoW since beta.

I *thought* I finally quit back in November, and I did up until about a week ago.  I got sick of raiding and feeling that obligation to stay up really late (relatively speaking when I have to be up before 4:30 every weekday morning), so that was my primary reason to leave.  But then I realized I kinda left my girlfriend in the dust and I missed playing with her, so I came back.

She and I are both kinda broke, so we're just getting The Burning Crusade for each other for Valentine's Day.  That way, we both get to have it without spending extra money on pointless Valentine presents.  We're crafty.  I feel like I'm detoxing right now, being the only guy who plays WoW who isn't getting the expansion this week.

Anyway, here's a rundown of my characters:

Alliance:
Level 60 Gnome Rogue on Elune
Level 42 Human Warrior on Elune
Level 30 Night Elf Druid on Mal'Ganis
Level 28 Dwarf Hunter on Mal'Ganis
Level 21 Human Warlock on Mal'Ganis

Horde:
Level 60 Undead Priest on Sen'Jin
Level 31 Orc Hunter on Sen'Jin -- My current project

There are many various other alts I have who aren't worth listing, hehe.  And once I get my hands on the expansion, I'll roll a Blood Elf Paladin on Sen'Jin and a Draenei Shaman on Elune.

Yeah, I think I'm addicted for life, whether I wanna be or not.

Fabio

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2007, 05:41 »

Level 61 warrior on Aerie peak =] loving BC

kokeyjoe

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2007, 17:52 »

I'm pretty bummed.  In my above post, you'll notice I mention getting TBC for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day.  She knows about this plan.

Will (10101110) and I went out to dinner last night and stopped at a Wal-Mart afterwards.  I grabbed a copy of TBC for the present.  When I came home, I told my girlfriend that I got her present while I was out, and she didn't care.  It kinda ruined my night, and now I'm bummed at work this morning.

I know it's stupid to get worked up over a dorky video game, but to me, it's more like I'm upset about a semi-pointless gift.  Gah.

Apologies for the blogishness of this post.  Stupid TBC.

Fabio

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2007, 04:32 »

At least you have a girl friend

/blogish retorn

But yeah, TBC is tough leveling up from 60 in outland and i'm on for 2 levels of double exp 0_o

Made myself a blood elf too and it's a nice change from the the allience even if this server is just packed with blood elves.

Narr

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2007, 01:54 »

I'm totally digging the Blood Elf starting lands.  The quests are pretty cool, and the way they are working it is that the second area (basically, it's equivalent to The Sepulcher or The Barrens, etc) has a hub town with it's own reputation.  Each quest nets you like a grand worth of rep, so it goes up fast.  Each rep level has it's own rewards, sort of old-school BattleGrounds style, but manageable.  I mean, at just friendly (which is all of two quests done), you can get a rather powerful two-handed sword I used for about 6 levels.  That's a long time at lowbie stages when every other quest is an upgrade of some kind.

Also, blood elf flirts are hilarious.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2007, 06:55 »

I officially tore into the TBC I got my girlfriend (and she officially tore into the copy I got her this afternoon).  I haven't logged in my Blood Elf yet, because we wanna watch the race's intro video together (and she's making dinner right now), but here's my Blood Elf.  Just wanted to share him, because I think he looks awesome, i.e. quite possibly my favorite WoW character I've made so far.

P.S. I am LOVING Outland.  My level 60 Rogue has outdone her months of blue-item farming in Scholo, Strat, UBRS, etc., in just a day.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2007, 08:01 »

he is pretty cool looking, i'll give you that.

i haven't bought the expansion yet, but when i do, i will post more about it. from what i've heard, exodar and silvermoon look pretty awesome.

oh, and my main character is Mabh lvl 31 druid on Feathermoon.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2007, 05:14 by iamyourpirate »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Toeofdoom

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2007, 17:15 »

I quit on christmas eve actually (thats when the game card ran out :p) And since then, I realised im less pissed off  because i dont have to talk to all the stupid people that are attracted to the game, and all the whining on the forums, and all the people trying to get my priest to spec holy for raids.

I liked it up to 60, the ability to beat everything if you just had a skilled group of 5 or 10. But once it got to raiding, it just wasnt worth it. It didnt even mean anything, not when its like one guy explaining some simple thing to a bunch of people and taking forever and stuff. In 5 mans everyone knew what they were meant to do

now im raving again. I should stop. byes.

Alarra

« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2007, 23:44 »

I've played since Beta. I quit WoW last July. This was a smart move, as I was hardly playing anymore, was starting grad school, and have a completely unreasonable message board addiction to contend with as well.

That being said....last night I reinstated my account and bought and installed burning crusade.

I'm quite a fan of both new races, although....after seriously 10 minutes of trying, I've decided that the blood elf females only have 2 flirts and they're both dumb. I'm disappointed as there was such potential there, I mean, look at their jokes.  And I like the blood elf starting zone quite a bit.

We're starting anew at level 1 over on Maelstrom. And actually, in all this time playing, I've never gotten a 60.

my 'main' characters prior to quitting were:

level 43 human priest on emerald dream
level 43 troll priest on maelstrom
level 53 human mage on terenes

although i've countless other characters across 4 more servers.

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #13 on: 22 Jan 2007, 05:03 »

Anyone hear about some French dude hitting Lv.70 after playing for 28 hours straight? Pretty insane.

Nutsaur

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #14 on: 22 Jan 2007, 15:55 »

Been playing WoW since beta eh? Oh yeah well i've been playing WoW since before it was even born! I fucken love you man!

kokeyjoe

« Reply #15 on: 22 Jan 2007, 16:52 »

Okay Narr, so we've officially hit level 8 with our Blood Elves as of yesterday, and I'm curious about these rep rewards you're talking about, since we're now Honored with Silvermoon City.  Any idea what I should do to get some *cough* phat lewtz *cough* now?

And I've decided the music in the Blood Elf starting area is quite possibly some of my favorite in-game music ever.

Fabio

« Reply #16 on: 22 Jan 2007, 21:48 »

I didn't think 28 hours would be enough to hit 70.. i've been playing my level 60 in outland for about 4ish and i've made level 61 and a half..and i'm all rested -_-

JJMitchell

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jan 2007, 22:22 »

The guy who leveled to 70 was powerleveled by his guildmates.  Why?  No idea.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #18 on: 22 Jan 2007, 22:42 »

Then wouldn't they all have collectively been the first to hit 70 together?  Or did they just take turns in rounds, questing with the guy?  But once he got up around 65, if they weren't keeping up, then he'd be on his own eventually anyway.  Agh... blugh... head... going to... explode....!!!!

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jan 2007, 02:43 »

Hmm, I'm playing TBC now too, after quitting back before school started last semester. I like the new stuff and all, but its got me worried whether or not I'll have the willpower to do my work in college now, when I could just go and play a little more....

Yeah, this'll end in tragedy.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Narr

« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan 2007, 10:01 »

Okay Narr, so we've officially hit level 8 with our Blood Elves as of yesterday, and I'm curious about these rep rewards you're talking about, since we're now Honored with Silvermoon City.  Any idea what I should do to get some *cough* phat lewtz *cough* now?

And I've decided the music in the Blood Elf starting area is quite possibly some of my favorite in-game music ever.

It's not Silvermoon City that you get rep with, it's "Tranquillen", the major city of the Ghostlands, which is the level 12-20 area just outside of the blood elf starter towns.

You hit exhalted after finishing every quest there which lets you buy a cape with 19 armor, +7 stamina.  For a level 16 reward, it's pretty nice.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2007, 17:27 »

Ah okay, gotcha.  For a second yesterday, I was thinking it was the blue two-handed sword I saw a level 20 Paladin using.  But he told me it was a quest reward for an instance in Ghostlands.  But soon enough, we'll be there and I'll gain some rep with Tranquillen and all will be right with the world.

By the way, if you know any higher-level tailors, having them craft you an Orange Martial Shirt is one of the coolest things you can do for your Blood Elf.  It's a limited tailoring pattern in Thunder Bluff, if you're curious.

Thanks for the info, of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up