THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 13:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trial Of Tony Blair  (Read 2188 times)

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
The Trial Of Tony Blair
« on: 19 Jan 2007, 02:47 »

Is anyone going to watch this? I'm going to make a point to watch it, it's on tonight at 10pm on Channel Four (UK, that is).

It looks really interesting. It's worth a watch if only for using 'The Rescue Blues' in the ad campaign  :wink:

However, I'm confused about how they're trying to play it. Because they're playing Tony Blair really sympathetic, but at the same time they're making jokes about whether he's achieved anything.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Utopian

Re: The Trial Of Tony Blair
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2007, 20:21 »

Awww, I missed this. It looked great though - I really like Robert Lindsay. How was it?

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2007, 01:27 »

Immensely depressing, though brilliantly done.

Robert Lindsay played Blair really well, as did everyone else who was involved. The parts of it with David Cameron were great - 'You're the resident bitch, then, eh?'

Parts of it were hilarious as well. I thought that Blair swore too much, though.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2007, 01:33 »

Oh man I had it recorded, had watched half of it and it seems to have been deleted of my Sky box hard drive. :( Major depression ensues. Ok maybe not major but still.

The bits I saw with Cameron were hilarious and very true tbh.
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837
Pages: [1]   Go Up