THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEKKID PPL LOL!  (Read 8271 times)

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
NEKKID PPL LOL!
« on: 22 Jan 2007, 01:52 »

Okay, so there aren't really any naked people on this thread, but does anyone DRAW naked people?  I know I do!  I take art classes every week with a real live naked person!  Boy, it's a bonding experience for the class, and I learned so much!
But, when artsy people get together to discuss figure drawing, it's never "oh, I learned so much."
It's "My model was so freakin awkward."
So, why don't we share our angst?
---------------------------------------------
My last nude model was hell-of awkward.   He seemed to be a nice guy when he walked in (if his shaven head and blank stare are to be overlooked), but as soon as he got naked, things got awkward.  I won't describe things with too much detail, but by the time the class was over, the model had managed to
1 break the podium on which he was posing (by trying to do a Spiderman pose on the wall and falling over when he couldn't get his balance)
2 talk a lot about his views on politics and those filthy homosexuals
3 get an erection that he was clearly straining to make go away.
The people who were there for it wished they weren't, but the people absent from the class sorely wanted to witness such a spectacle.

kokeyjoe

Re: NEKKID PPL LOL!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2007, 01:33 »

At least if he was impersonating Spider-man, he did it by hopping around and not by... shooting his webbing.

Also, if he had an erection and then it went away, and possibly came back again later... would your pencil erasers be working overtime on your drawings, that class?

Edit:  I cannuh spell!

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2007, 02:48 »

I guess it's better than drawing a read dead naked person.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2007, 07:27 »

I take extra life-drawing classes at college whenever I can. To be honest, any problems I have are normally with other people in the group (talking etc.) rather than the model: The arts institute has a pretty select cadre of life models, about 12 of them I think, a good few of which I know by name now, all of whom are consumately proffessional and some of whom havw worked as life models here for five years or more. One of them does have an enormous penis. Apparently last year, when he unrobed for the first time in front of a foundation group, one girl just said 'OH MY GOD' in complete awe, whilst the rest of the class was totally silent. My course leader claims its one of the funniest things he's ever seen. It is a pretty big willy. But he is a nice guy.

In fact, I did a drawing from an hour long lying pose in this evenings sessions, using coloured chalks and compressed charcoal on black paper (combinations of chalk and charcoal on black paper are my favourite method of drawing from life) that I am actually rather proud of. A definite inclusion in the portfolio. I was planning to post it up on here in its own thread with some other of my life drawings and invite others to post theirs if they had any, but I guess I will put it in this thread, as soon as I get a chance to photograph it.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

magnanimusman

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2007, 10:27 »

i find it actually easier to draw nudes as opposed to clothed people.  I find semi-tight clothing the hardest.  Really loose clothing has predictable curves that make them easy to draw.  Nudes are rather volumetric so that has its own rules but like normal male clothing is a wierd mixture of both. 

A funny side note we had a 75 year old woman model.  Kind of like a naked person but in loose clothing all at once.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2007, 02:47 »

At least if he was impersonating Spider-man, he did it by hopping around and not by... shooting his webbing.

Also, if he had an erection and then it went away, and possibly came back again later... would your pencil erasers be working overtime on your drawings, that class?

Well, no, he was climbing the wall.  I can only imagine that it was to annhilate Doc Ock, who was probably posing in the studio across the way.
And yeah, I got mad at him for "moving."

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2007, 07:21 »

A funny side note we had a 75 year old woman model.  Kind of like a naked person but in loose clothing all at once.

No, I'm fine.  I just threw up in my mouth a little is all.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2007, 09:20 »

Actually, once we had a woman with a hunchback, a glass eye, and no teeth in her lower jaw.  She had hair like Marla Singer.
For some reason, it was that day that we had to focus on the portrait.  Why?  Nobody looks like that in real life.
(except for gollum)

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2007, 17:58 »

I've found guys to be really hard to draw. The female figure has a lot more shape to it generally,* which is waaaay easier to show than subtle variations. Backs in general can be tricky for the same reason.

*and it also tends to be composed more of basic curves, rather than complex undulating things like rib cages or certain tendons.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2007, 18:01 by Catfish_Man »

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2007, 23:35 »

I find woman a lot easier to draw to. There's also the fact that long hair can be used to cover up hard to draw things. Like I'm bad at drawing proportional shoulders, hide them with hair.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

Argument Guy

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2007, 10:07 »

I've always had major trouble drawing women, but not men, and with the points that have been put on here, I can't think why. None of my Art classes have had live models, but I'm still in high school, so maybe they think the classes would be too immature (and I can't blame them for that assumption, I think so too).

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jan 2007, 10:10 »

Hah.  You'd think so, but the class I was taking this year was 90% highschool studentish.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jan 2007, 12:53 »

I remember my attempts to draw humans(dressed or undressed) always resluted in anatomically incorrect creatures which would either not be able to stand up straight or would lose balance all the time because their heads were too big...
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jan 2007, 23:24 »

Invest in a human anatomy book. I grew up with an artist mom, so we had nude models in my house a lot (wierd, eh?). I grew up in a studio and I read books about artists when I was younger. Most had nudes in them. I grew up thinking that was normal. Untill 3rd grade...bad year...
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: 28 Jan 2007, 07:43 »

I've got some of my life drawings up here.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

ElRodente

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jan 2007, 12:56 »

i do life drawing nearly every week, but the model we've had lately CANNOT KEEP STILL.

i'll admit that most people can't just stand for 30 minutes, but this guys is supposed to be a life model, and can't stay still for 10

i prefer the old guy (actual old guy) to this guy (who is youngish)

apparently we get a lady soon, should be interesting
Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric

KaraFairie

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jan 2007, 19:24 »

except for gollum

Gollum is teh secks.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jan 2007, 20:29 »

If only he would keep his GODDAMN LOINCLOTH ON

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2007, 12:00 »

i think it's rather dissapointing what he hides underthere, since you can't see a thing:-P
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: 10 Feb 2007, 17:24 »

I've done it pretty regularly for about six years now.  First paid for, then by having ins with the prof who taught it, then full time college, and now, back to the free classes.  Sorry, that was a long winded sentence.  It's a lot like doing math in a way.  Figuring out this angle compared to that, etc.  I've never had problems with students, really.  Lots of dead silence or CBC RadioOne classical booming over an antique radio.  Models have been usually good, though in college I had the same female model for two years straight and there wasn't much appealing about her the first time.  Just nothing to grab my interest.  One model during the extra classes made a habit of walking around naked during her break and leaning over the shoulders of everyone for extended periods of time without saying a word.  Creepy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up