THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 23:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F.E.A.R. Combat  (Read 3068 times)

the_tard

F.E.A.R. Combat
« on: 17 Jan 2007, 10:23 »

Fear is a fun shooter that has a sort of doom-ish feel to me (although I have never tried the single player). I downloaded the free multiplayer and it's really cool, figured out how to customize server options (gravity, runspeed, weps) and I'm usually hosting my dedicated server [Tard]'s Happy Funtime CTF. You guys should try it, it's pretty fun. Also, does anyone else think this was kind of a dumb move on sierra's part? It would make sense to have a multiplayer sample, but the multiplayer stuff is usually all I would buy games like this for in the first place. Maybe they're trying to build hype for when this is released for 360. Anyway, you guys should try it if you like shooters. http://www.whatisfear.com/us/ come drop by my serve if you enjoy the game my name is:

[Tard]-In-A-Box

the_tard

Re: F.E.A.R. Combat
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2007, 10:43 »

Nobody came or even bothered to reply so im assuming you all hate fear and dont even want to speak of it. was cruising the wep and found another game that looks pretty sweet, Enemy Territory: Quake wars. A fusion of wolfenstein and quake that runs on the doom 3 engine, looks like a really cool BF ripoff.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2007, 09:32 »

F.E.A.R. pwns, but alas, my computer can barely run it.  :[  if it were better, i would totally hit up your server.

lb969

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2007, 10:34 »

Oh, man. FEAR's single player is awesome. There are some minor AI issues, but not that distracting from the game. (Example. the ATC clones sometimes try to hide behind handrails.)

Its sooo creepy. I play Quake4, and stuff, but Strogg are nothing compared to Alma.

Its not "monsters jumping out of closets" scary. Its just overall "makes your skin crawl" creepy.

Craig Hubbard summed it up best:  "a guy in a mask chasing co-eds with a meat cleaver can be scary, but on some level you're thinking to yourself you could probably kick his ass if you got the drop on him ... but when a spooky little girl takes out an entire Delta Force squad, how are you supposed to deal with that?"

I have yet to get Extraction Point, but its supposed to be even better.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2007, 11:42 »

I have FEAR, but I've never beaten the single-player. Something about constantly looking over my shoulder that finally got to me. Multiplayer is fun, but I've never been a straight-up deathmatch lover.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

nihilist

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2007, 07:37 »

Never tried the MP.  And honestly?  I never will.  Busy playing 2142 and EVE.  And when STALKER comes out, I'll play that.  Yeah.

the_tard

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2007, 10:46 »

just for the record, its not only DM and they added new maps/gameplay modes in patches (elimination mode and a battlefieldish hold the locations type thing)

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2007, 09:54 »

When I fix my computer F.E.A.R. will take up too much of my time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up