THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 01 May 2024, 15:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Talk about your iPod/mp3 playa  (Read 15971 times)

QueenAingeal

Talk about your iPod/mp3 playa
« on: 28 Jan 2007, 14:38 »

I have a white iPod and I named him Winslow. ^^

Your turn.

jolijn

Re: Talk about your iPod/mp3 playa
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2007, 15:56 »

Very  original.

I have a 3rd gen 40 GB iPod with a green screen. The Menu button is red, the Play/Pause is Green and the back and forth are Blue.

louize 5

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2007, 16:08 »

I have a discman.
I dont have money for an Ipod - I dont even have money for a new discman (this one is held together with tape.)

It's dark-blueish.

Gurkburk

• Furry furrier
  • For I am a happy, happy pokemon!
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2007, 16:54 »

I got a green iPod nano for christmas and I still can't be arsed to learn using it properly. To be honest I was perfectly content with using my old mp3 player, it could crank up the volume higher :D
Quote from: Stephen Green of pressure group Christian Voice said
"Bendy-buses, like atheism, are a danger to the public at large.

kablaaamo

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2007, 17:04 »

I have two music players that I take with me sometimes.

One is a beloved old silver discman. It is battered to the point where you can hardly read the little screen, there are no markings on any of the buttons anymore, and the batteries are held in with duct tape. It has come with me pretty much everywhere I have travelled and while I considered trading up to a new CD player a couple of times, I didn't 'cause the volume that comes out of that thing is phenomenal. I have never found a Discman to rival it.

The other is a black 4GB Nano...one of the first that came out. (Its name is Herbert.) I got it for Christmas the year before last (Xmas '05, I guess). I find myself using it more and more these days....even though it has a frustratingly small capacity....and it is on the way to becoming as battered as the Discman. I got this little padded aluminum cover for it so hopefully that will help keep me from breaking it. So far so good though.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2007, 19:52 by kablaaamo »

Mr u Suk

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2007, 17:07 »

im an ef'ing nerd. i use my PSP as my MP3 player. but hell it works very nice. sadly it holds like 30 songs........and i have like 9.3 Gigs of music

i would like to get a Dell MP3 player, and why not a iPod you may ask? because any Apple product just starts screwing up i get near it.

Soidanae

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2007, 19:00 »

A black 30-gig iPod video, half-full.  I have a fuzzy black sock it goes in. 

My once-beloved CD player and godly headphones are temporarily retired.  Earbuds can fit in my pocket.  Headphones of doom, no...
I believe these are the days of lasers in the jungle, lasers in the jungle somewhere.  Staccato signals of constant information, a loose affiliation of millionaires and billionaires, and baby, these are the days of miracles and wonders.

adara

• Plantmonster
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2007, 19:05 »

I have a black 60-gb iPod.

The first one that Apple sent me broke after not even 24 hours of having it in my possession. Eventually, two weeks later, after going to the Apple store (I had to wait until my break to go to the store, which is an hour from my school) and trying to get them to solve the problem (they did not and were rude to me while I was there), I just sent it in to Apple and they sent me a new one. So far, it is has been working okay. To be honest though, everytime I use it I worry that it is going to freeze up like the original one I had did. Despite this, I still enjoy apple products.

glwtta

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2007, 20:28 »

I recently got my Cowon A2 (two weeks before they announced the A3, of course), and it's the love of my life!

Plays just about every audio/video format I could ever want, excellent sound quality, good battery life.  The only problem is that 30GB just doesn't go too far when you have PC-quality video on there.

Now to get some decent headphones...

thelightguy

• Larger than most fish
  • xx
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2007, 20:31 »

I have a refurbished 40 GB iPod (monochrome 4G) After sending it back twice, I finally got one that worked, where the harddrive did not seize up the first time I took it in the car with me.

Moral of the story?  Buying refurbs is like playing the lottery.  Oh, and it's name: La Boheme
bye

DeusDominor

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2007, 20:56 »

Best deal I've found so far is the Dream'eo Enza 20gb mp3 player/portable movie player for only $130 new. I'm ordering it monday as soon as i get some money in my bank account. If you're looking for a good deal, that is definitely it.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2007, 21:04 by DeusDominor »

Ravenbomb

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jan 2007, 21:05 »

black 60 gig video iPod, less than half full

Kaktion

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jan 2007, 21:29 »

Black, and scratched to hell, 30 gig iPod. I named it after the first word I heard on TV, which happened to be "Mugen," and that is his name, thusly. It was defective the first time through, a harddrive problem, it seems, but I didn't bother sending it to Apple until three or four months after I got it. It never leaves my pocket when I'm out now. I only have like half-space left. I use it as a USB, sometimes because I'm too lazy to buy one. It works fine.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #13 on: 28 Jan 2007, 22:27 »

It's a freakin iPod.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Scytale

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jan 2007, 03:25 »

My mobile phone has an MP3 ringtone, for the last 9 month or so it's been playing "Over Old Hills" by Summoning whenever someone rings me, before that it was "Sabbra Cadabra" (When ever I hear that intro riff now I subconciously look for my phone). That's the closest thing I have to a portable mp3 player...

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #15 on: 29 Jan 2007, 06:12 »

5G 30 GB white iPod. I have a lyric from one of my favorite Lawrence Arms songs engraved on the back.

I had a blue 4GB mini and a 512MB shuffle, but I gave both of them away.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Kyros

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #16 on: 29 Jan 2007, 06:18 »

Black, 30GB Ipod, and I love it to death.  I haven't named it though because I assume it can break at any moment, and I don't want to get emotionally attached.  8-)

lb969

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jan 2007, 07:27 »

Black 60GB Creative Vision: M

Sweet little device. I named her Lina.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2007, 08:06 »

White 20 GB iPod. Not sure which generation, but I got it in the summer of '05 I think. It's got my name and 'Sunshine Recorder' engraved on the back thanks to some kind of Apple store promo. 'Sunshine Recorder' is the name of a Boards of Canada song that I dearly love.

I also have a Sony Walkman, for which I've been using the same 6 rechargeable AA batteries going on four years.

Spinless

« Reply #19 on: 29 Jan 2007, 10:33 »

Well, my 1 gig samsung mp3 player (was AMAZING) died recently, a connector burnt out, so it won't charge unless I open and do some soldering.
I think I shall place it's innards inside a lightgun to make a SUPER MP3 PLAYER. If I can make it work, I'll mail it out to Shane.

After my mp3 player died, I started using my phone, a samsung D500 mobile phone. It was free, second hand, full of various media the previous owner had left on it, some of which I still have. At the moment, it is my mp3 player.
The only drawback from using the phone is that it doesn't have much space (about 80mb free for music), the battery life is short (about 4/5 hours on a full charge when used as an mp3 player) and it seems to have difficulty playing some mp3s that itunes seems to like.

Now, I would like to turn my DS lite into my new mp3 player, but I haven't found a cost effective way of doing this without the cartridge sticking out of the side yet.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jan 2007, 12:58 »

My mp3 playa is a fucking walkman.

I listen to CDs, man. Old-school. Fuck you.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Spinless

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2007, 13:24 »

hey mang, I have a folder of mix CDs I listen to, the only thing stopping me from using my walkman is a severe lack of batteries.

The walkman is called Dexter!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2007, 13:49 »

Get rechargable batteries. That's what I use. Recharge them every night and then I never run out of use, pretty much. Plus I used ot have an adapter for it but the damn thing broke.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #23 on: 29 Jan 2007, 15:33 »

My CD player broke, so I'm currently without any means of portable music listening.  Both my siblings have iPods though, silly kids.  I plan on buying this soon though.

Der Turm, der Leute frass

• Furry furrier
  • kwargbrzzz...brhhgfschrrg???
« Reply #24 on: 30 Jan 2007, 09:11 »

I have a new shiny silver/white Sony D-NE330 Discman . Just bought it two weeks ago because I smashed the last one  :|

I had an iRiver H120  20 GB mp3-Player once, wich was totally awesome........but it got stolen  :| :x
I'm thinking about buying an 60GB iAudio......  but I suppose that it's enough if i have a discman, because if i had an mp3 player and would buy new CDs while away from home i couldn't listen to them if i had only a mp3-player with me...
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2007, 09:16 by Der Turm, der Leute frass »
I'm SWISS, so don't expect any "creative" english phrases.......

-i'm responsible for de existence of the universe....even if i forgot why

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #25 on: 30 Jan 2007, 09:15 »

Well, my 1 gig samsung mp3 player (was AMAZING) died recently, a connector burnt out, so it won't charge unless I open and do some soldering.
I think I shall place it's innards inside a lightgun to make a SUPER MP3 PLAYER. If I can make it work, I'll mail it out to Shane.

Do you still want to try it with the NES gun? If I can find it, I'd imagine I could ship it across the pond to you.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #26 on: 30 Jan 2007, 09:16 »

I too have a cd player.  I have summarily refused to ever own an iPod, because I am much too fond of carrying around stacks of cd's in my messenger bag.  Rechargable batteries FTW too!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Spinless

« Reply #27 on: 30 Jan 2007, 09:23 »

Shane, how many buttons does it have? See, the G-con light guns usually have at least three buttons, but still look way cool (the lightguns that you hold for Time Crisis in the arcade). If it only has a trigger, I can only make it start and stop. I don't feel safe making any new buttons.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
« Reply #28 on: 30 Jan 2007, 11:52 »

I use my iPod (silver Mini 4GB, 2 years old) on long bus drives and when I dont want to carry my CD player with me. I rather use my iPod then my CD player too, because, unlike Will, I dont like carrying stacks of CDs with me.

Mostly I use my 5 years old (!) Panasonic CD player. I got it for my Bar-Mitzva and I've been using it to listen to albums for the first time ever since.
Seriously, my first listen to almost all of the albums I own was on that CD player.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2007, 12:01 by Misereatur »
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

thepugs

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jan 2007, 15:14 »

I actually recently lost my mp3 player along with my glasses, and am fairly pissed.  It was a Rio Karma that I got off eBay for around $80, and it was my second.  I found them very reliable, with all the nice features that I wanted.  But now I am boned.

I'm seeing if I can find a Sony NW-HD5 someplace on the internet.  They look pretty awesome.

backtobasics

« Reply #30 on: 30 Jan 2007, 15:54 »

I just found my Ipod, its an 80 gig... 4,000 songs so. It's black and I named it godzilla, I don't know why. I misss my CD player, but it sucks having to make new CD's once a week.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #31 on: 30 Jan 2007, 16:28 »

as far as portable music goes, my only method is a really old tape player. Fuck you guys with your fancy CD playser and ipods f'realz
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #32 on: 30 Jan 2007, 19:54 »

I recently acquired an iPod when it became apparent to me that it was rather more practical than my old portable C.D. player when it came to listening to music on long-haul flights. In accordance with my tradition, I named it Little Timmy, the ship's boy. Being as how it's rather a lot smaller than my laptop.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #33 on: 30 Jan 2007, 20:01 »

I threw down $360 on my iPod and a nice leather case.

I got it lost/stolen under five months later.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Mobius_Logic

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #34 on: 30 Jan 2007, 20:57 »

A refurbished 30 gig black ipod, cause I lost my old one on the bus. On my birthday to boot. I need a bigger one though, this one is filled up.

Ben yayayayayayayay

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • You are so handsome. You are my friend.
« Reply #35 on: 31 Jan 2007, 07:07 »

Toshiba Gigabeat S60, 60 gbs, 20 gbs left. I used my CD player up until this year, when I decided it would be much easier to 1. not have to burn new cds every fucking day, 2. have my entire music collection available to me whenever. It's really shiny and black, and looked beautiful until my cat mistook it for a chew toy and went to fucking town on it   :cry:
If you fight fire with fire, you will just make a bigger fire. Yes.
But if you fight fire with crystals, and ice bulbs, you will put the fire out and the crystals will turn to diamonds!

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #36 on: 31 Jan 2007, 09:03 »

20GB iPod Photo.  I've had it since August 2005, and it's really really beat up.  Its also completely full, as I have 30GB of music on my computer, so I have to pick and choose what I want on there.  The battery is holding progressively less of a charge, so I will either replace that soon or save up for an 80GB iPod video.  It's name is Odin's Wrath.
Pages: [1]   Go Up