THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Jul 2024, 06:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: okami for ps2  (Read 8006 times)

Vanilla Gorilla

okami for ps2
« on: 01 Feb 2007, 12:42 »

anyone played this game? its f'n craziness for sure.

JJMitchell

Re: okami for ps2
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2007, 13:05 »

I've read some glowing reviews of it but haven't played it.

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2007, 13:14 »

its vageuly similar to zelda in that its a 3d adventure game, but playing as a wolf is very interesting. i suggest anyone checks it out

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2007, 17:16 »

I could rant at length about the quality of this game. I concede that the new Zelda is better but considering Okami was I think the second game Clover developed entirely by itself it's a remarkable achievement.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2007, 18:57 »

Yes, I'm not quite finished with yet. I take forever to play video games. It's 'effin' BEAUTIFUL though --and fun! What other game can you say that you get to PEE ON MONSTERS?! That's right...none! (Well, okay, maybe there is another one, but certaintly not one I've ever played...)

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2007, 22:54 »

Postal II lets you pee on people.

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2007, 05:16 »

Yes, I'm not quite finished with yet. I take forever to play video games. It's 'effin' BEAUTIFUL though --and fun! What other game can you say that you get to PEE ON MONSTERS?! That's right...none! (Well, okay, maybe there is another one, but certaintly not one I've ever played...)

pee on monsters?! wow, i dont think ive gotten that far in the game yet, i cant wait for that part. im just about to get to the capital city, so hopefully i havent missed out on the peeing!

ThePQ4

« Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2007, 07:24 »

Postal II lets you pee on people.

What the crap is Postal II and is it actually fun --and easy enough for a gaming-retard like myself to play?

As for Okami... I forget when you get it, but it's not like someone says, "Oh yea, you can pee on monsters now for demon teeth!", it's called Insult. I think you might get it after you finish all of the training in the first part... I'm at the part where you have to get the Bamboo Man's granddaughter, who's not really his granddaughter, safetly though the underground thingy... (I don't know what I'm talking about either, it's OK). Whoever thought that up should be shot!! Gah! I haven't played in weeks because I can't get past it!!

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #8 on: 02 Feb 2007, 07:46 »

oh thats what insult is, i needa go learn that technique, sounds right up my alley!

and postal II is hilarious, you can smoke crack, light people on fire and piss the fire out if you want, you can cut off peoples heads and slap it around with a shovel. i have no idea what the actual game is about cause i had too much fun fuckin around with all the craziness

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #9 on: 02 Feb 2007, 08:00 »

From what I've heard, that is the fun part.

There is a level two Insult. I think you poo on the enemy.

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2007, 08:09 »

From what I've heard, that is the fun part.

There is a level two Insult. I think you poo on the enemy.

hahaha, that is illness

ThePQ4

« Reply #11 on: 02 Feb 2007, 10:52 »

Is it bad that that new information almost makes me want to go play??
...Almost.
I'm torn between playing games, watching TV, or going back to bed for the rest of the afternoon... Hmm....

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #12 on: 02 Feb 2007, 11:43 »

I concede that the new Zelda is better

I hell ass don't. Okami was longer, deeper, and way more unique and stylish.

Addendum: LIKE MY COCK.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #13 on: 02 Feb 2007, 22:08 »

Having not played new Zelda, I am still willing to concede its victory, but basically I'm doing that because Nintendo's commitment to quality is almost absurdly high, plus the Zelda series is a franchise with true video game masters working on nearly ever aspect of each game.

I would rather play Okami through again though.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #14 on: 02 Feb 2007, 22:11 »

I'm going to call BS on the 'deeper' part of that assertion. Probably the only problem I have with Okami as a game is that the combat is just too simplistic. Plus, none of the boss battles in Okami even come close to comparing with Twilight Princess.

Okami is still a fantastic game, mind you. But it's not Zelda.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #15 on: 02 Feb 2007, 23:00 »

The combat in Zelda is in no way deeper than Okami. It was 90% waving the remote/pressing A with a possible "use the dungeon's item!" if it's a boss.

I never really felt threatened in any combat in Zelda. The battles with the crazy flute guy in Okami, however, were intense.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

ThePQ4

« Reply #16 on: 03 Feb 2007, 07:32 »

I've never played Zelda... (I can count all of the games I've ever played...it's less then 20, and I've only ever finished 1!!!!).
I think the hardest part about playing Okami is that damn brush! Just once I'd like Ammy to just bite someone and rip 'em apart. I can only make so many damn cherry bombs before I get sick of blowing people up.
...I should really stop watching Haunted Hotels on the Travel Channel and play this damn game so I can get it over with...

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #17 on: 05 Feb 2007, 06:17 »

The combat in Zelda is in no way deeper than Okami. It was 90% waving the remote/pressing A with a possible "use the dungeon's item!" if it's a boss.

I never really felt threatened in any combat in Zelda. The battles with the crazy flute guy in Okami, however, were intense.

yeah that flute guy is a little fruity ass, i hated him

ThePQ4

« Reply #18 on: 05 Feb 2007, 06:23 »

I like how you guys don't seem to know any of these characters names, haha... The flute guy is Waka...gosh, guys. You spend over an hour trying to kick his ass, and you don't know his name (...err...was that only me? ...Both times... I am a horrible gamer).

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #19 on: 05 Feb 2007, 06:30 »

I like how you guys don't seem to know any of these characters names, haha... The flute guy is Waka...gosh, guys. You spend over an hour trying to kick his ass, and you don't know his name (...err...was that only me? ...Both times... I am a horrible gamer).

i actually beat him the first time i played him each time. i just have a horrible time remembering peoples names in real life let alone  a japanese video game with weird ass names, i just give them easily remembered nicknames like fruity ass french flute douche, and purple pussy wooden sword swinger and organic tree bitch with boobies and the such.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #20 on: 05 Feb 2007, 07:53 »

Guys, we've forgotten to mention one of the best parts of Postal II... the Gary Coleman cameo.

Also, I absolutely love Okami so far.  I'm not that far into it at all, only just starting to use the tree-blooming thing with my tail, but it's just great.  Artistically, visually, musically... it just makes me smile with pure happiness.  And that's something great for a video game to do.  And it's... dare I say, cute.

ThePQ4

« Reply #21 on: 05 Feb 2007, 08:28 »

i actually beat him the first time i played him each time.

You suck. I hate you.  :x I battled him like four times before I got frustrated, shut it off for three days, and then took another two or three times to finally beat him.

I think I might give that damn tunneling another go sometime this week --much to the dismay of my roommate, who I am sure finds it quite hilarious when I curse at the television... Or I could putz around on Kingdom Hearts II.

I have way to many games I need to finish.

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #22 on: 05 Feb 2007, 08:43 »

yeah the tunneling missions are a bitch and i coudltn beat those until i figured out you can use the wind to launch the guy over the spikey rocks

ThePQ4

« Reply #23 on: 05 Feb 2007, 08:45 »

Ah yes... That -was- a bitch...but I eventually gave up killing Mr. Bamboo and read a walkthrough, hahaha.

Yep...I'm a big cheater.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #24 on: 05 Feb 2007, 12:53 »

When I get this game again, I'm going to try and beat the digging missions in Taka Pass. They were hella tough.

BillAdama

« Reply #25 on: 07 Feb 2007, 11:32 »

Everything about Okami rules, except for one thing.

The actual combat.

The enemies don't...do anything.  They just sort of walk around, and you kill them immediately by hitting them over and over.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #26 on: 07 Feb 2007, 17:44 »

So - yea or nay?
Do I buy it for a buddy?
A buddy who owns a PS2. where I do not?

ThePQ4

« Reply #27 on: 08 Feb 2007, 06:28 »

-YES- Buy it. If your buddy doesn't like it, he can always sell it back to a game store, or something, but it's well worth it, and everyone should at least TRY it.

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #28 on: 08 Feb 2007, 07:00 »

definitely worth a buy

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #29 on: 08 Feb 2007, 12:08 »

easily 2006 game of the year...and probalby the best on ps2 all together.
god of war was only really good to me, okami was mindblowing.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #30 on: 08 Feb 2007, 16:23 »

-YES- Buy it. If your buddy doesn't like it, he can always sell it back to a game store, or something, but it's well worth it, and everyone should at least TRY it.
But I hear the drawing was glitchy?

ThePQ4

« Reply #31 on: 08 Feb 2007, 16:35 »

I never had any problems... The first couple of times you do it, (well...er...for me, who is game-stupid) it seems really strange, but you get used to it. It really is a great game, and even if the brush does have a glitch --it's nothing a reset wouldn't fix. Pfft.

Vanilla Gorilla

« Reply #32 on: 09 Feb 2007, 05:08 »

Everything about Okami rules, except for one thing.

The actual combat.

The enemies don't...do anything.  They just sort of walk around, and you kill them immediately by hitting them over and over.

yeah, the combat was a little bit too easy, ive never been good at games and im about half way through and the only time i died is from drowning once. still a great game though in my opinion
Pages: [1]   Go Up