THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 09:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frog Eyes  (Read 2142 times)

ScrambledGregs

Frog Eyes
« on: 07 Feb 2007, 18:37 »

I just downloaded the new Frog Eyes song that's up on Pitchfork and I cannot stop listening to it. Why doesn't anybody talk about how fucking amazing this band is?! It's mesmerizing...I've never heard anything like this in my life. I know a little about the band and who they've worked with, but damn...it's music that is an epic, screaming, crying, shouting march as the credits roll on Western Civilization.

Ben yayayayayayayay

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • You are so handsome. You are my friend.
Re: Frog Eyes
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2007, 19:31 »

I have The Golden River and I like The Golden River. Now you go!
If you fight fire with fire, you will just make a bigger fire. Yes.
But if you fight fire with crystals, and ice bulbs, you will put the fire out and the crystals will turn to diamonds!

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2007, 20:10 »

I would like the Golden River, and have a bit of the Golden River, and it is quite the Golden River. Frog Eyes are...pretty fucking great.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

Ben yayayayayayayay

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • You are so handsome. You are my friend.
« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2007, 20:22 »

Mmmyes, quite.
If you fight fire with fire, you will just make a bigger fire. Yes.
But if you fight fire with crystals, and ice bulbs, you will put the fire out and the crystals will turn to diamonds!

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #4 on: 07 Feb 2007, 20:56 »

Their live performance kind of wrecked them for me because every goddamn song sounded exactly the same and Mercer didn't help things by doing the exact same facial movements, playing guitar exactly the same and I'm pretty sure singing the exact same lyrics throughout their act. Just a warning, guys.

I feel I should add to this by saying that at least by "playing the guitar exactly the same" I mean he was strumming as fast as he could for a good half hour at speeds which made his arm blur. I mean, that's skillful. Just sort of wish he would apply it with some discretion rather than smearing it all over their music.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2007, 20:58 by Johnny C »
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

srv4nt

« Reply #5 on: 07 Feb 2007, 22:17 »

While I do like the sound of Frog Eyes, I'm more into the edge that Sunset Rubdown takes.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #6 on: 08 Feb 2007, 13:43 »

good gosh i love frog eyes. i have the extended versions of 'the golden river' 'the bloody hand' and 'the folded palm' and each are frickin great. i love sunset rubdown as well but i think i love the off-kilter, more chaotic sound of frog eyes more. isn't there a new album due out this year?
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Valdemar

« Reply #7 on: 08 Feb 2007, 13:51 »

Supposedly yes. Judging by Caravan Breakers, it will be cracking!
I somewhat regret getting the reissue of Golden River because the extra tracks are very unremarkable as oppose to the rest of the album.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #8 on: 08 Feb 2007, 14:36 »

I dunno, I personally like music that reminds me my civilization is about halfway through the second act or so.  The credits rolling on it is far too bleak for me.  Unless we're talking about Aliens appearing in a twist ending or something, then I guess I'd be okay with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up