THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Apr 2024, 22:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .hack//infection  (Read 4391 times)

Vanilla Gorilla

.hack//infection
« on: 22 Feb 2007, 08:29 »

any of you guys played this? i picked it up the other day cause it was cheap. but i kind of dont understand wtf is going on, it seems like a cool game and its fun...but...i dunno...the keywords warp thing and shit...i just dont get it.

lb969

Re: .hack//infection
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2007, 19:57 »

.Hack revolves around a computer game called "The World" Its a MMORPG created for AltimitOS, the only OS to survive the PlutoKiss virus which wiped out the internet everywhere in the world for 77 mins. Altimit was the only OS immune to the virus. Because of this the internet was severly restriced for all systems except those running A.OS. Since "The World" was the only game for that system, many users became hooked on the game even after normal internet activity was restored.

You'll soon meet Aura, an AI, who was designed to be the "daughter" of the programmer, whos love died before they could have children. Aura was designed to become the ultimate AI, and "feeds" off the emotions and thoughs of the players. Moganna Mode Gone, AKA Morganna, is the AI incharge of gathering the data for Aura. The ability 'Data Drain" causes files to corrupt, trapping the players into the game, and forcing their bodies into a coma. Yasuhiko (Orca) is trapped in The World this way.

Morganna was created too intelligent however. She knows that after Aura becomes complete, she will lose her purpose for existing, and trys to stall the project however she can. The "Twilight Incident", a.k.a "Pluto Again" was caused by Morgana. It involved a massive blackout that took out power over the entire city.

That should give you some background. Its basically a synopsis of Hack.//Sign and what little I played of Hack.//infection.

.hack//Mutation, .hack//Outbreak and .hack//Quarantine are sequils to .hack//infection.

Scytale

« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2007, 23:23 »

.hack//sign is a really well done Anime, the soundtrack to it is amazing.

You used to be able to watch the whole thing (subtitled) on You-Tube.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2007, 23:38 »

Where did you get it? Every time I see it in the shops it's $70 - $100, which is more than I want to pay.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

lb969

« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2007, 05:47 »

Try Half.com?

You can get box sets of anime there at pretty decent prices. You can get pretty much any anime or videogame there.

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2007, 01:23 »

I didn't mind this game, I got up to the last boss before I lost interest and went to play anything else.

The keywords basically govern the randomly generated worlds that you can get by providing some guidelines for the world you want to generate, like what element it is, the weather, things like that. Mind you, it's been about 2 years since I played it so that might be a bit wrong. I think you can find a keyword FAQ somewhere online.

I must dig it out again sometime...
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.
Pages: [1]   Go Up